coturnix
Private

Upgrading forts and depots: possible?

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Have searched the forum but couldn´t find anything about this:

Can depots or forts be upgraded? I mean, if i carried 2 supply units to a level 1 depot and built a new depot there, would the existing one be upgraded to level2? Same with forts.

Yesterday i was looking at my stockade in Oswego (french and indian wars campaign playing with british) and wondered if i could improve it that way. By the way, what determines the outcome when building a fort? Fort Oswego is a level 1 stockade, but Fort William Henry is a level 1 fort. Is there any difference between the two?

Thanks in advance.

lodilefty

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 pm

You cannot increase level of a fort, nor "convert" a stockade to a fort.

You can "build up" a depot to level 3 [in WIA: this is different for each AGE game]

Stockades are a unique structure, very low supply level, and are meant to serve as an "outpost" for small frontier forces. In terms of game mechanics, a Stockade "behaves" as a village, NOT as a fort.

Settlements are similar to Stockades, with slightly more supply.

Fort Oswego is part of a series of events that simulate it's construction, demolition, rebuilding etc. Fort William Henry is an event wher it "arrives" as a fort...

See you game manual and/or the AGE Wiki for what the structures do.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”