Pocus

WIA patch 1.06

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Dear players,

Here is the latest patch for WIA. It is not labeled 'Legacy patch', but will be anyway the last patch since some time. You should have stuff to occupy you anyway, within it :thumbsup:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/WIA_Patch.zip

==============================================================================
BOA2 : War in America Update 1.06
October 19, 2009
==============================================================================
This patch contains all changes since the start.

Note: Key commands and features added at patch 1.04

- New sentry orders:
<SPACE>: In sentry for one turn.
<CTRL><SPACE>: In sentry until 90% healed.

Reminder:
<S>: Permanent Sentry (until moving or attacked) (hit again <S> or <SPACE to remove the sentry state)
<CTRL><S>: Remove all Sentry status on map.
<C>: Center on the selected unit
<SHIFT><C>: Center on the destination of the unit.
<H>: Put directly the selected force in structure, if some available in the region.

- You can <ALT>-left-click on a force tab to rename it. Some Armies with Leaders can't be renamed though.

- New Region finder. Works with <CTRL><F>

==================================================================================================================
Note: Under some conditions, Depot Build may consume partial strength supply units.
To be safe, separate the two supply units [must have 4 elements each and be >50% strength] for depot build command
==================================================================================================================
[color="Blue"]Note: 'Supply Filter' colors are now:
Green = Net Supply supply above demand
Orange = Net supply available = 0
Red = Net Supply in deficit to demand {starving}[/color]
Fixed: Foreign Entry threshhold was fixed at 'easy' level = 75. Corrected to Easy=75, Normal=100, Hard=125
Fixed: Subfactions suffered CP penalty when in stacks without leaders. Now extra CP only if 'mixed' factions in stack without leader, or if in stack without a leader from that faction or 'multi-faction'leader.
Fixed: AI had some funtions erroneously disabled
Fixed: AI would include static units in a stack, then fail to retreat properly or move the stack
Fixed: Loyalty displays could exceed 100 or drop below 0 [this will not always correct itself in a saved game from 1.05 or earlier]
Fixed: Rare bug in event converting Seneca Tribe to France with capture of Albany [1755 Campaign]
Fixed: Tooltip for Natioal Morale better reflects the function in the game.
Fixed: Fort batteries were bombarding ships. [Now only coastal/Naval batteries may do so]
Fixed: Occasional "Spinning" supply values
Fixed: "Pulsing Red" area-restriction ability icon

Added: All units, models and graphics from Hobbes Pontiac War mod included
Added: COL faction, for all British Provincial, Militia and Tory units [these units will be applied to new scenarios in future, not replacing existing scenarios]
Added: New ability - Anglo Colonial commander: Can lead Colonial units without penalty

Consolidated: the LocalStrings_aWIA_1812.csv contents are merged into LocalStrings_WIA.csv

Changes/Corrections:
  • Continued enhancement of AI logic
  • Significantly improved Naval AI
  • Corrected spelling of Cannon from Canon is several locations [English text only]
  • All campaigns: the EP earned in Shipping Boxes by merchants is now 40% of what is was in 1.05
  • The chance of Death in Combat for Leaders increased. Compared to 1.05 and earlier: 1 star 3x, 2 star 2x, 3 star same
  • Cohesion and Attrition losses reduced somewhat during movement in Harsh Terrain and Harsh Weather
  • All leaders are now promotable, except Indians and the Pontiac War leaders
  • Leaders with the Skirmisher ability now use Superior Tactician instead [Skirmisher is a unit ability, S.T. is for the Group]

1775/76 Campaign
  • Loyalty values at start revised in most of the 13 Colonies to better reflect historical attitudes
  • General revision of relacements. "Free" replacements reduced in quantity and frequency, Options replacements cheaper and more readily available
  • Burgoyne's Canadian Army event for the Human player delayed to April at earliest, to avoid being trapped in a late Blizzard at sea
  • AI gets a free depot in Montreal, if owned
  • The 'value' of Philadelphia as the USA capital reduced [NM loss ewhen captured by GBR was 25, now is 5] [May not be effective in saved games from 1.05 or earlier]
  • Events added to relocate the USA Capital to York, PA when Philadelphia captured by GBR, then to return if USA recaptures Philadelphia
  • AI will recieve 'free' EP each turn as bonus [USA gets 10, GBR gets 5]
  • If GBR is Human Player, can increase the EP earned in shipping boxes by owning certain ports. Details explained in a popup text window in-game.
  • George Washington appears as 4 star leader, to avoid rare instance where Charles Lee gets promoted and has higher seniority
  • A new event in 1775 will help the British AI evacuate Boston. [color="Blue"]This event will not work properly in saved games from a previous version.[/color]

===========================================================================================================================================

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hobbes

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:24 pm

That's great! I'll be able to release the Pontiac mod in the very near future then :thumbsup:

Thanks to all, Chris

lodilefty

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Hobbes wrote:That's great, I'll be able to release the Pontiac mod in the very near future then :thumbsup:

Thanks to all, Chris

:happyrun: :p arty: :winner:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Ian Coote
Major

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks guys :D :D :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:57 pm

lodilefty wrote: :happyrun: :p arty: :winner:

Thanks for all the help Lodi! :love:

AndreasK

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:45 am

Wow: many thanks!

But puh: the AI must have improved tremendously! I had some good momentum as the French in the FIW (pre-1.06) and expected war season of '59 to give me Albany. But, boy, was I wrong... The English advanced halfway to Mont Real, taking all forts along the lake. Plus gave Montcalm some heavy beating. :confused:

Well, well: a game should be a challenge.

And there is nothing better than a strong AI.

So good work, AGEOD. And many thanks again!

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Thoughts on 1.06 three years into a '75 campaign:

AI - Definitely improved, I'm seeing more (and better prepared) aggressive moves, fewer suicidal or inane moves. Washington does seem to hop around quite a bit and was briefly devoting his talents to commanding a supply train in Lancaster PA - but soon resumed command of the main field force, which is doing an impressive job confronting my invasion of VA.

EP - The new rules are rough on the Brits! Even with a significant portion of my frigates assigned to the European sea lanes, I can't catch enough of the rebel cruizers to keep the box clear. The other options for increasing EPs are tough to meet, too. You can't get the bonus for the gulf ports because New Orleans is Spanish and the Dons are neutral most of the war. With a big push, you can gain control of either the southern or northern ports, but early on the redcoats don't have the strength to take all six AND secure all the strategic cities in at least one region to suppress FI and keep the French at bay. Therefore, you're likely to be receiving just 5-6 EP/turn. For '75 and '76, I think it's more important to save EP to pay for the Amnesty and Pardon diplo picks than to buy extras - so I have mostly gone without any but the scripted reinforcements so far. I'm not sure this is a bad thing - certainly makes the game more challenging, but I'm eager (and rather worried) to see how these liabilities change the balance vs. a human opponent.

Rebel capital event - I really like the changes to Philadelphia's NM value and the move-to-York event. But shouldn't there be an Option C event in case York falls too? Or is the idea that having been forced to run for cover twice, the Continental Congress simply would dissolve into ineffectiveness after that and so no capital at all?

In general - If this really is a legacy patch, it's a great place to rest the game. I had once CTD, but I'll wait to see if they recur before posting details. Thanks and great work!

lodilefty

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 pm

squarian wrote:Thoughts on 1.06 three years into a '75 campaign:

AI - Definitely improved, I'm seeing more (and better prepared) aggressive moves, fewer suicidal or inane moves. Washington does seem to hop around quite a bit and was briefly devoting his talents to commanding a supply train in Lancaster PA - but soon resumed command of the main field force, which is doing an impressive job confronting my invasion of VA.

[color="Blue"] :thumbsup: Almost a different game, eh?[/color]

EP - The new rules are rough on the Brits! Even with a significant portion of my frigates assigned to the European sea lanes, I can't catch enough of the rebel cruizers to keep the box clear. The other options for increasing EPs are tough to meet, too. You can't get the bonus for the gulf ports because New Orleans is Spanish and the Dons are neutral most of the war. With a big push, you can gain control of either the southern or northern ports, but early on the redcoats don't have the strength to take all six AND secure all the strategic cities in at least one region to suppress FI and keep the French at bay. Therefore, you're likely to be receiving just 5-6 EP/turn. For '75 and '76, I think it's more important to save EP to pay for the Amnesty and Pardon diplo picks than to buy extras - so I have mostly gone without any but the scripted reinforcements so far. I'm not sure this is a bad thing - certainly makes the game more challenging, but I'm eager (and rather worried) to see how these liabilities change the balance vs. a human opponent.

[color="blue"]We'll adjust these as we get more feedback. Keep ideas coming, and comments on balance....[/color]

Rebel capital event - I really like the changes to Philadelphia's NM value and the move-to-York event. But shouldn't there be an Option C event in case York falls too? Or is the idea that having been forced to run for cover twice, the Continental Congress simply would dissolve into ineffectiveness after that and so no capital at all?

[color="blue"]Sort of: they'll move back to Philly if it is recaptured....[/color]

In general - If this really is a legacy patch, it's a great place to rest the game. I had once CTD, but I'll wait to see if they recur before posting details. Thanks and great work!

[color="blue"]Thank you! :hat:
This is not considered legacy at this time. :w00t:
..if your CTD is repeatable, please post saved game [or send the AgeCrashInfo.zip file to support@ageod][/color]

:)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:43 pm

One small database error (?) to report: the German general von Heister has a weight of 1 - shouldn't that be 0 like all other generals?

lodilefty

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm

squarian wrote:One small database error (?) to report: the German general von Heister has a weight of 1 - shouldn't that be 0 like all other generals?

hmm, many other German leaders have weight, as does USA Glover :bonk:

too much Wurst und Bier ? :blink:

:mdr:

Will fix, thanks!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:58 pm

but something like 0.01 would be moar realistic!!!

lodilefty

Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:25 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:but something like 0.01 would be moar realistic!!!

:D

...but we simulate the inaccuracy of weighments in those days, and thus we must round up to the integer value. Hence, @RoundUp(0.01) = 1

:blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:07 pm

New problem - I keep seeing the log message "Rebels bought new supply unit" and the unit appears in areas I control, often where I have troops. Particularly seems to happen in MD/PA. Can't make life easier for the Yankees, having their hard-bought supply gobbled by Lobsterbacks instead.

lodilefty

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:43 am

squarian wrote:New problem - I keep seeing the log message "Rebels bought new supply unit" and the unit appears in areas I control, often where I have troops. Particularly seems to happen in MD/PA. Can't make life easier for the Yankees, having their hard-bought supply gobbled by Lobsterbacks instead.

hmm, will look at better ways to bring supplies to 'safe' areas :blink:

Thanks! :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Great work on this update :thumbsup:
Any chance to give the natives a different colour on the mini map as they are impossible to spot because they they are represented with a greenish colour.

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Pocus wrote:[*]Significantly improved Naval AI

Curious - what were these improvements? I've finally got to the point in my first 1775-83 campaign vs. Athena (haven't had a chance to try it pbem yet). It's 1780 and the French and Spanish are in at last.

Problem is, so far I have yet to see them assemble a battle fleet. They seem to prefer sailing around in small squadrons, which I keep running down and destroying. Out of fairness, I've made myself a house rule whereby Howe's main fleet sails with evade on and defensive ROE so I don't gain total naval supremacy through the AI's sheer stupidity. Does the AI know how to mass its ships of the line?

arsan

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi!
Only Pocus can answer this :)
Playing as the USA i have noticed that the Brits are now pretty good at guarding the naval boxes and hunting my raiders. :thumbsup:
And they seem to be better at resupplying and refitting their squadrons when needed.
But i have not seen big fleets around either (not that they are needed until the French & Spanish comes around ;) )
What worries me more is that i have seen Admiral Howe and another naval leader as subordinate generals on a land army aroudn Albany :confused:

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:00 pm

arsan wrote:Hi!

Yeah, figured as much - well, he's only working on two or three new games at the moment, so he can't be very busy. ;)

Playing as the USA i have noticed that the Brits are now pretty good at guarding the naval boxes and hunting my raiders. :thumbsup:
And they seem to be better at resupplying and refitting their squadrons when needed.

Likewise, playing the Brits I have noticed the Yankees going after my merchant fleets much more seriously and rotating their ships in and out of the boxes - that is a big improvement.

What worries me more is that i have seen Admiral Howe and another naval leader as subordinate generals on a land army aroudn Albany :confused:

Seen this from the other side also - Esek Hopkins has turned up in several land battles, which must have produced some pretty scenes on the field: "'Colonel, have your battalion beat to quarters and prepare to repel boarders!" :w00t:

lodilefty

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Note the Interiim Update at:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16062

Happy New Year!!!! :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:06 am

arsan wrote:Hi!
But i have not seen big fleets around either (not that they are needed until the French & Spanish comes around ;) )

Missed this one, sorry. If I'm not mistaken in November the improvements where not in Fleet Concentration methods but on which sea naval superiority was exacted... But now with the additional work in VGN, I believe the WIA Naval AI will be much better in the next patch. And a next patch there will be :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

arsan

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Pocus wrote: But now with the additional work in VGN, I believe the WIA Naval AI will be much better in the next patch. And a next patch there will be :)

:thumbsup: :coeurs: :coeurs:

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:26 pm

arsan wrote: :thumbsup: :coeurs: :coeurs:

I second Arsan's emotion.

erwin.zeez
Civilian

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:52 am

interesting and catchy post there………………….. interesting read should be a sticky lol

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”