Ebbingford

Replacement errors

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Playing as the British, FIW full campaign, latest patch and hotfix. Each time when the message "Peplacements for one lost company of irregular units are raised in America" occurs what shows up in the ledger is another ING Raider, but with a nato inf symbol with a P, or an R, on it. These are the same replacements that show up when activating the option for indian replacements. Shouldn't they have the same symbol that the indians in the game use, a tomahawk? What happens to the irregular replacements? Also do any light infantry replacements ever show up?
On a different note I just had the Gov Lyttelton event fire but he has no portrait at all!!! Surely even a general portrait could have been added rather than just leaving a blank counter?

lodilefty

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Playing as the British, FIW full campaign, latest patch and hotfix. Each time when the message "Peplacements for one lost company of irregular units are raised in America" occurs what shows up in the ledger is another ING Raider, but with a nato inf symbol with a P, or an R, on it. These are the same replacements that show up when activating the option for indian replacements. Shouldn't they have the same symbol that the indians in the game use, a tomahawk? What happens to the irregular replacements? Also do any light infantry replacements ever show up?
On a different note I just had the Gov Lyttelton event fire but he has no portrait at all!!! Surely even a general portrait could have been added rather than just leaving a blank counter?

Tthe replacement pools are 'generic families' covering many unit types. In the case of ING Raiders, maybe they should look different, but current game design limits prevent this.

Good observation re: Lyttleton. Many of the leaders of that era left no good portaraits for our reference. We simply missed this one. :o
We'll substitute a generic portrait.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:44 pm

Aren't the "Replacements for lost companies of irregulars" meant to be replacements for Rangers or similar units and not "braves" though?
Have also come across another missing portrait, blank box only for Montgomerie when he shows up. In the text message that informs when he arrives he is missing the t though. Generic picture again perhaps?

Ebbingford

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Have just noticed the same problems still with Indian replacements in the FIW, playing as the Brits. I have purchased via the military options Indian brave replacements but have not been able to replace a lost in action element. Have tried with the unit in an indian village and in a region with a depot, nothing. I have loads of the ING raiders in my replacement pot but can't get to use them.
What about light infantry replacements for the regulars and bateaux men? Is it WAD that you don't get any to reflect the extra training?

lodilefty

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks for inputs.

There is a work in progress to address these :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Have just noticed the same problems still with Indian replacements in the FIW, playing as the Brits. I have purchased via the military options Indian brave replacements but have not been able to replace a lost in action element. Have tried with the unit in an indian village and in a region with a depot, nothing. I have loads of the ING raiders in my replacement pot but can't get to use them.
What about light infantry replacements for the regulars and bateaux men? Is it WAD that you don't get any to reflect the extra training?

Running 1.04 beta here, I've had success with ING element replacements. A depleted Unit in a region with depot [I use hardened attrition] gets replacement. In fact, the Mohawk Scouts at Albany replace the missing element on first turn almost every game...

Um, don't take this wrong, but all Native Warriors only have a max of two elements anyway. Are you sure they are missing elements? [ducks and runs for cover :blink: ]

If you have a saved game showing the 'failure to replace', please zip and upload here.

Elite and regular replacements are already available in options. Light Infantry is in progress.

Also, there is a design philosphy here too: North America was 'secondary' during 7 Years War. Replacements went to fight Frederick first, not so mant to NA. So depleted units are WAD in a way. Our R&D indicates few if any regiments at full strength at any time....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Siekster
Sergeant

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:20 am

I can second the above.... playing the FiW and I do receive Indian replacements at Depots, although I do not receive them at Indian villages as of 1.04, which I thought was kinda wierd.
"You underestimate my powers!!!"

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

Ebbingford

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 am

Playing with hardened attrition and latest patch 1.04beta, yes I also had the Mohawks receive replacements at start of game I seem to remember. Here is my game zip. The S Cherokee party in Kittaning village is the one who has lost an element in battle. If you go back a turn it was sitting in Fort Duquesne and didn't receive the replacement there so tried moving it to Kittaning village to see if that worked. Looking at the graphic for it it doesn't have a white empty slot like it should have after loosing an element, perhaps this is why it isn't getting one? I have seen Hessian units though with leaders embedded and no empty slots end up with 5 elements though, leader and 4 companys in the AWI campaign.
Oh what an idiot, have just fired up the game to check before I submit this reply and zip file and I haven't got a depot in Fort Duquesne yet!!! That'll be the reason then!!!!!! Please ignore my stupidity about the indians, sounds good with the light infantry replacements though.

lodilefty

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:06 am

Not stupid! That means you can't learn or admit an error... :blink:

No harm no foul!!!! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:55 am

If Indians do not have access to depots they will recieve no replacements?
They should be able to recieve them in Indian villages?

Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Hobbes wrote:If Indians do not have access to depots they will recieve no replacements?
They should be able to recieve them in Indian villages?

Cheers, Chris

Or, they should have depots... :wacko:

Good point, though. Discussions to follow.
Maybe a 'size 2 Indian Village' structure???
Maybe Replacements in Indian Village if it's a Capital or Objective?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

arsan

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Would be possible to make Indian units (only) get replacements on any Indian villages with hardened attrition rule enabled? or its hard coded?

Certainly it would be a good addition IMHO.

Hobbes

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:54 pm

In the Pontiac scenario there are many Indian villages spread around the map - I would hope that all could provide Indians with replacements.
Not many of them are objectives and existing scenarios should be able to work with Indian replacements at indian villages.

At the moment the only way I can get any Indian replacements is to put depots in all the Indian villages which would be pretty daft.

Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:33 pm

arsan wrote:Would be possible to make Indian units (only) get replacements on any Indian villages with hardened attrition rule enabled? or its hard coded?

Certainly it would be a good addition IMHO.

that would be the simplest... :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 pm

lodilefty wrote:that would be the simplest... :D

I assume most people play without this option? In which case it will be impossible for Indians to ever recieve replacements. It's not easy to just allow replacements for Indians in Indian villages?

Cheers, Chris

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”