w_michael
Conscript

Arcane Naval Supply Rules

Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:29 am

9.2.1 Replenishment of Naval Units: "Naval units may replenish their inherent General Supply points while at sea if they occupy a sea zone adjacent to a land region with a supply of General Supply points available."

I've tried to create this situation and I cannot get it to work at all.

9.2.2 Naval Transport of Supplies: "Naval transport units may be used to transport and distribute supplies (both General Supply and Ammunition) to friendly land units and structures located in adjacent coastal regions. This method of distributing supplies is similar to that used by Supply Wagons."

I cannot get this to work either.

To test it I used Scenario 5. 1756 Montcalm 'Master of Carillon' as the British. In May 1756 I order the Transport Fleet from Baltimore MD to Alexandria VA. In June 1756 I load the Army of the Ohio (in Alexandria VA), less the supply wagon, and move the Transport Fleet to to the Chesapeake Bay sea region, with orders to unload the land units in the Northampton MD region (at the end of the peninsula). At the beginning of July 1756, the Army of the Ohio has 40 points of general supply (GS) consuming 20 points of GS per turn, and the Transport Fleet has 240 points of GS consuming 4 points of GS per turn. Northampton MD and the adjacent region Accomak MD do not generate enough GS to keep the army from a negative net GS position. At the beginning of August 1756, The army now has 32 points of GS, and the fleet now has 236 points of GS. At the beginning of September 1756, The army now has 27 points of GS, and the fleet now has 232 points of GS. You can see that the Army of the Ohio is not receiving any naval supply from the Transport Fleet. The Transport Fleet is also not receiving any supply from the land regions adjacent to the Chesapeake Bay sea region.

The Patch Notes do not make any reference these rules changing. Has anyone else been able to get either of these two naval supply rules to work as written in the manual?

w_michael
Conscript

Re: Arcane Naval Supply Rules

Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:38 am

I tried the same test again, this time including the supply wagon with the Army of the Ohio, just in case one was needed as a conduit for the naval supply. It didn't make a difference except that the army had more initial general supply. It still declined every month, as did the GS of the supply fleet.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”