Rafiki

Tue May 01, 2007 9:28 am

Korrigan wrote:BTW: We move to 1.02a

How well coordinated does a move to a new patch need to be? Would there have been a problem if e.g. I had updated to 1.02a before I set up my orders (the others having done theirs in 1.02)?
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue May 01, 2007 9:52 am

no its ok

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Tue May 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Korrigan wrote:Union Turn is IN. Everything went without problem. :cwboy:

BTW: We move to 1.02a

Wow, thats really fast. Hope president Davis will send our orders today. Maybe we can make 2-3 turns in the first week. :)
[CENTER]The Grand Campaign project[/CENTER]
[font="Georgia"][CENTER]Commander-in-chief of the Confederate forces in the east[/CENTER][/font]
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 01, 2007 1:34 pm

I'll process the turns ASAP, if you have time we play fast. If you have some real life problem, we play slower. This is not a problem.

Note: However, there will be a deadline for the turn next week Friday 11th 12:00 PM GMT as I'll going for a very long week-end in Venezia (It.). :cwboy:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

gbs
Colonel

Tue May 01, 2007 4:40 pm

Wouldn't you know, the President of the USA would end up being a Monkey with a colored butt! :niark:

tc237
Colonel

Tue May 01, 2007 7:35 pm

gbs wrote:Wouldn't you know, the President of the USA would end up being a Monkey with a colored butt! :niark:

:mad: :mad: :fleb:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu May 03, 2007 10:16 am

CSA Turn is IN. Looks like they had some spam filtering problems with their mailer. I will process the turn in few hours. :cwboy:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Rafiki

Thu May 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Dang, and I haven't even written the first post of my AAR Image

(A bit excited to see what those rebel ne'er-do-wells are up to, though ;) )

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

[Open] Discuss with Grand Campaign players

Thu May 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Here you can discuss with the six players of the Grand campaign and give your appreciation.

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Thu May 03, 2007 11:24 pm

I'll have official commentary (soon) in my AAR, but for general discussion I should point out two 1862 scenario bugs, that I noticed and may have an impact on play:

1) Samuel Curtis has a clone; a second * incarnation of my *** general just arrived. Not sure what we are going to do about this...

2) The Kentucky event fired. I'm pretty sure that was not supposed to happen, Kentucky having historically sided with the Union in '61...as things stand now, Kentucky views itself as invaded by me and has shifted it's loyalty fairly heavily towards the CSA in many counties. Not sure if we CAN do anything about this, at this point...

In any case, 6 action-packed AAR reports (incl. mine) coming soon... :king:

Rafiki

Fri May 04, 2007 12:15 am

Here's looking forward to hearing from the people on the outside of all this, especially when it comes to feedback and suggestions as to making the game more accessible and the AARs more entertaining :)

(Have to admit I scratched my head over the Kentucky thing, but Jim's right; this is a kinda a nasty bug)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

NewAgeNapolean
Sergeant
Location: Born and raised in Lincolnton,NC, currently living in Honolulu,HI

Kentucky

Fri May 04, 2007 1:10 am

Have to agree with my opponents about Kentucky (even though its a big help to us :king: ). Perhaps we can consider it an unhistorical shift of sentiment. :) . Time will tell what impact this has on the cam.

As far as the leader clone I dont see much we can do about it. It may very well happen again to both sides. On a similar note, when Kentucky "changed sides" the Orphan brigade cloned in Lexington. I know this cloning issue has been addressed before so Im sure it will be ironed out eventually.

John
[CENTER]Grand Campaign Project[/CENTER][CENTER]President of the Confederate States of America[/CENTER][CENTER]Jefferson Davis[/CENTER][CENTER]Image [/CENTER]

Pocus

Fri May 04, 2007 9:17 am

Can you send me the game so that I check the issues? At the very least even if you don't want to backup the game, this will be fixed for the future.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Fri May 04, 2007 9:23 am

Korrigan would have to send it to you, right, as he is the only one with access to both sides files?

NewAgeNapolean
Sergeant

Fri May 04, 2007 9:24 am

Pocus,

Which file would you need as we only receive an ord. file and the turn is processed by Korrigan

edit: Jim beat me to it.
[CENTER]Grand Campaign Project[/CENTER][CENTER]President of the Confederate States of America[/CENTER][CENTER]Jefferson Davis[/CENTER][CENTER]Image [/CENTER]

Pocus

Fri May 04, 2007 9:41 am

Korrigan then... I need everything muhahaha!

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 04, 2007 10:00 am

Yes Master, it shall be done... ;)

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 06, 2007 10:48 am

Union turn is IN

marecone

Sun May 06, 2007 12:32 pm

Hardly found this place. No wonders there are not too many posts from our forum community.
Anyway, guys. :coeurs:
I really think that this is, first of all great idea. Korrigan doing a great job here. Then your AAR's. Like reading a book. In some parts even better :coeurs: .
But best of all is that everyone of you all make a different AAR. Some have telegraphs in old style, some put pics... I mean outstanding!!! :coeurs:

Keep up the good job
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

NewAgeNapolean
Sergeant

Sun May 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks marecone. Rafiki and I were discussing earlier today about how difficult this sub-forum was to find (guess you got my message). I am really dying to get a look at the other guys work, but alas that wont happen anytime soon. Please keep the feedback coming as I was getting concerned that no one knew we were here :niark:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 06, 2007 4:43 pm

I accept suggestion about the best location for this subforum. The only constraint is the current Grand Campaign Project forum where only the 6 players can post.

Lasse
Sergeant

Sun May 06, 2007 9:43 pm

Just finished reading the posts so far. this must be the most ambitious AAR project to date! Just want to say smashing idea, and hope you'll keep it up to the end.

geronimo
Sergeant

Sun May 06, 2007 10:02 pm

i would appreciate some comments ...as i am not a great rp man, i am focused on a form of "strategy report", trying to explain what and why i do such things with details...criticize would help me, on the background and the form...do not hold fire mates ^^
[CENTER] The Great Campaign Project [/CENTER]
[CENTER] CSA Western Command [/CENTER]

marecone

Thu May 10, 2007 9:58 am

Everything going great. I am amazade at the speed this is going on. Good job to all of you.

Geronimo you are doing very nice. I am glad that almost every one of you has a diferent style of writeing reports and AAR; from letters to conversations...
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

Lasse
Sergeant

Thu May 10, 2007 1:32 pm

I concur, your styles differ but its nice with diversity - keep'em coming :coeurs:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 11, 2007 2:43 pm

I must say I'm impressed with the quality of the AARs.

Some of the historical maps used make you feel you're actually reading some real headquarters discussions accounts.

Also, the generals really explain what they're up to, what they thin, what they worry about... You can actually understand how the war is going. And it's very interesting to read the two sides perspectives.

I was sure that AACW could handle such a game but so far, this project goes beyond my expectations. I hope it will give ideas to more people, especially when the Webhost module will be ready.

LMUBill
Lieutenant

Fri May 11, 2007 3:35 pm

Korrigan wrote:I must say I'm impressed with the quality of the AARs.

Some of the historical maps used make you feel you're actually reading some real headquarters discussions accounts.

Also, the generals really explain what they're up to, what they thin, what they worry about... You can actually understand how the war is going. And it's very interesting to read the two sides perspectives.

I was sure that AACW could handle such a game but so far, this project goes beyond my expectations. I hope it will give ideas to more people, especially when the Webhost module will be ready.

I'd like to know where they found those and if they are available online. Same goes for the telegraph and letter "backgrounds".

tc237
Colonel

Fri May 11, 2007 4:24 pm

I'd also like to know were y'all got the telegraph and stationary background.

marecone

Fri May 11, 2007 5:08 pm

tc237 wrote:I'd also like to know were y'all got the telegraph and stationary background.

Me too! Me too!!! Please tell us :cwboy:

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Fri May 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Thank you guys so far. Well, I dont know how the Union player (and the personal AARs of my team members) made their AAR's, would be really interesting! Me myself try to use a form of a briefing in the headquarter.. but its hard to find the right words etc. cause english is not my home language, sorry for that :innocent: .

But for the telegraph and letter "backgrounds", I made it by my own. Ive send the blank files to my teammembers, so they can use it.
[CENTER]The Grand Campaign project[/CENTER]

[font="Georgia"][CENTER]Commander-in-chief of the Confederate forces in the east[/CENTER][/font]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “Grand Campaign I (archive)”