aryaman

Map finished: next step...?

Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi
I think I have concluded so far with the map modifications. I have changed the name of areas to suitable Ancient names, I have used the names of ancient tribes rather than Geographical locations, for example Ligures instead of Liguria, or Boii instead of Modena.
I have left numbers, like city level, fortress level, etc, to be set later, after playtesting.
Now, I am considering what would be my next step. I think it should be the combat units, the models and units files.

PhilThib

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Congratulations... :indien:

Yes, you can start with these. Then once this is done, you can move to a tentative setup for a scenario, using the data from the Unit file and the region data... setups are all done using excel files. Let us know if you need some examples (but check the modding forums, they have lot of info) :coeurs:

aryaman

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:42 pm

BTW there would be any significant changes with the updated 1.03 NCP .xls files? Should I wait for them?

Pocus

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:51 pm

the format has not changed much (I have uploaded it a few hours ago). What was added were the GunsPerHit and HorsesPerHit columns, so no biggy.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Punic Wars Project”