jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

NCP 1.04b bugs !

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:06 am

Have a couple of NPC 3.04b bugs to report!

I was playing 1813 scenery......

Automatic NM Victory is no more triggered, with NPC 3.04b

The trouble was at first evidenced by Nikel within Peninsular War Campaign:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9424

Now I experienced same trouble with 1813 Campaign!

French side NM Win level is 175 for 1813 Campaign.
Playing 1813 for French side I tallied NM 177 at game turn 8: no NM decisive victory has been triggered, indeed.
I was forced to play the campaign to last game turn, when I tallied 193 NM: note that at campaign end I was credited for a VP Victory and not a decisive NM Victory.

Redeploy Leader or HQ Special Orders does not work!
In game option I selected 1 Player redeployement/3 AI redeployements per game turn.
None the less, the in game "Redeploy Leader or HQ" button was always disabled with the explanation: "All 1 redeployements/turn used up".
It's strange because I never used any.

Please check out these two issues.
Thanks......

JastaV

Paul Roberts

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:18 pm

jastaV wrote:
Redeploy Leader or HQ Special Orders does not work!
In game option I selected 1 Player redeployement/3 AI redeployements per game turn.
None the less, the in game "Redeploy Leader or HQ" button was always disabled with the explanation: "All 1 redeployements/turn used up".
It's strange because I never used any.

Please check out these two issues.
Thanks......

JastaV

Were you trying to redeploy a leader who was currently attached to a unit? The game will not allow that.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:26 pm

Paul Roberts wrote:Were you trying to redeploy a leader who was currently attached to a unit? The game will not allow that.

I checked again playing 1813 Campaign Coalition side.
It works!
It seems like IT DOES NOT WORK FOR FRENCH SIDE ONLY!

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:30 am

I will check that, thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am

Pocus wrote:I will check that, thanks.

An overall check of NM victory/defeat triggering is recommended: that for all sides!

I'm confused with Leader/HQ quick redeployement special command, that in same conditions seems not to work.......

JastaV

Pocus

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:05 am

Ok I checked the issues. No bugs so far, but WAD.

1. Most scenarios have the Sudden Death Rule deactivated, so it means you have to play to the end of the scenario. In the end, if you are above the NM win level, then you should get a major victory though.
=> I added an indicator in the ledger, near the national morale, telling you if you have the Sudden Death rule or not active for your side.

2. It worked fine for me, but beware. You can't also redeploy corps commanders, army commanders, leaders with service assets like health wagons. Try on a division commander: remove all his units, it will work! That's what I did in 1813 scenario.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks Pocus.

It is good and very important to know that there is no Sudden Death, above all in loooong campaigns as the PW scenario is. The strategy is very different.

If you think that you can win by NM points in fact you can be very aggresive, but this is dangerous in the long term ;)

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”