Nikel

Some small suggestions on the interface

Sat May 31, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi, I do not know if some of this have already been discussed :) Perhaps could be included as an option, I think could be useful for people who use hish screen resolutions

- Use the clock on the right up as a next turn button

- Mini map display, could display only the playable area of the scenario and not the complete european map. So you have a general strategic idea of your units and of the other side. Such as it is right now it is too small and as there is no grand campaign, it is in fact no necessary to show all

- Units panel, buttons on the right to show more units, could appear only if in fact there are more units to show, when you get to the last unit, then only should appear the left button, and the same with the right one.

- Elements panel, should be wide enough to show all the text, with long names they appear out of the box on the map.

- Map filters buttons are small?

And not a suggestion but it is about the interface, what Post Captain commented here "click on the globe and was kicked out to the main menu"

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=85090&postcount=13

This is not a bug, it is a feature? but it is wrong in the last version of the manual and in the tutorial video, perhaps this confused Post Captain

http://www.napoleons-campaigns.com/overview3.en.html

Pocus

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:53 am

User interface is always difficult to change and the tools we have right now make that even more difficult. So until we change that (and this is planned for 2008!), we will keep the 'profile low' on these features requests, sorry.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:37 am

OK, just a screenshot of the elements panel

arsan

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 am

Mmmm not 100% sure but i think you could have a problem with your game fonts
That letters of you seems too big and round to me. Maybe i´m wrong and it is just a resolution thing :bonk:
Probably the problem is with the DPI (puntos por pulgada) settings on your windows. The standard (used by AGEOD games) is 96 dpi. Do you have it??

Check some of the NCP AAR screen shoots and look at the fonts to see if you notice differences with yours (or is it just my imagination :niark: )

In any case, certainly there are quite a lot of units with names too long that does not fit on the windows. For that instead of changing the interface, IMHO it would be better to use some abbreviations.

Regards

arsan

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:30 am

Hi Nikel

Look at this screens
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=70089&postcount=14
On the second one you can see a panel with similar info than the one you posted.
Is it me or your font is different, bigger and wider??

Nikel

Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:33 am

Yes arsan, you are right!

I use custom scale 108 DPI. Screen resolution here is 1920 x 1200 and tested some DPI choices as 96 was small, finally 108 seemed fine.

But no abbreviations please, those long names are very nice :niark:

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”