CVDon
Conscript

Movement Path and Message Colors

Tue May 20, 2008 12:58 pm

When I am plotting my moves the game displays light blue movement lines to show me where leaders have been ordered to move, and the path they will take. Once there are several of these on the map it can be hard to pick out the one I want. Could you have the movement line display in RED for the currently selected leader?

In the notes area at bottom battle resolutions show up in RED. Can you have reinforcements show up in BLUE?

(edit to add: By the way, I am having a lot of fun with your game. I may have to get the ACW game as well. Good stuff!)

Pocus

Wed May 21, 2008 10:20 am

Actually, the color is depending of the faction plotting its move, so for British it is already red. But the activated stack has its path pulsating to discriminate him.

Each message type can have a different color yes, this is a good suggestion, I'll see with my comrades in arms about that :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 23, 2008 11:38 am

Pocus wrote:Actually, the color is depending of the faction plotting its move, so for British it is already red. But the activated stack has its path pulsating to discriminate him.

Each message type can have a different color yes, this is a good suggestion, I'll see with my comrades in arms about that :)

Possibly different colors For lost and won engagement reports!

JastaV

CVDon
Conscript

Sun May 25, 2008 2:04 pm

I find myself looking for the following things:

1) Units that are unsupplied
2) New units (just arrived, just became active, received replacements)
3) Battles won/lost
4) Captured supplies

I don't think having a lot of colors is a good idea because that might become annoying, so how about this:

RED: Battles lost, Units unsupplied
GREEN: Battles won, supplies captured
BLUE: Reinforcements, replacements, unit activations

(Currently playing Spain. National Insurrections are a BITCH!!)

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”