jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Guns Replacement?

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:14 pm

I noticed "Guns Replacement" option, when available, allows to add some light & medium artillery replacements to the Replacement Pool.
I'm playing the Peninsular War scenery and I noticed that light artillery replacements are quite useless, beeing French Forces mostly equipped with medium artillery.
As a consequence I have plenty of "useless" light artillery replacements in the Replacement Pool, while I'm experiencing a constant shortage of mediun guns.
Perhaps "Guns Replacement" option should be reworked so to have it granting replacement for most common artillery pieces in any Army.

JastaV

Offworlder
General

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:19 am

If I'm not mistaken, light gun replacements are available in order to reinforce horse artillery batteries which are regarded as light guns. Maybe one of the developers can confirm this...

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:11 am

Offworlder wrote:If I'm not mistaken, light gun replacements are available in order to reinforce horse artillery batteries which are regarded as light guns. Maybe one of the developers can confirm this...

I checked it while playing "Peninsular War" scenery: indeed I noticed most horse artillery batteries are equipped with medium field guns......so the light guns are equipping very few units...that's the reason why I have plenty of light artillery replacements accumulated into the Replacement pool.

JastaV

oxford_guy
Corporal

Tue May 13, 2008 8:44 pm

jastaV wrote:I checked it while playing "Peninsular War" scenery: indeed I noticed most horse artillery batteries are equipped with medium field guns......so the light guns are equipping very few units...that's the reason why I have plenty of light artillery replacements accumulated into the Replacement pool.

I've noticed this in other scenarios too - often light artillery replacements are available when there are no light artillery units to reinforce, seems a bit pointless!

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”