Didz
Civilian

Variable Turn Duration

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:46 pm

I've just ordered this game having played through the demo, just waiting for Play to deliver it at the moment.

One thing I hope will be in the full game is an option to choose how long a turn is. I've found in the demo that I rarely want a turn to cover a full week of game time.

Frequently, I just want to increment time by one or two days. A week just has units flying back and forth round europe list like idiots.

If this isn't in the full game then I hope it can be added to a future patch. Given that the Waterloo Campaign was completed in less than a week it seems daft to have that as the standard turn duration.

GShock

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 am

If i am not mistaken there's a mod for that in the modding forums. I don't know whether it was discontinued or not, perhaps it still does its job with 1.09e. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Franciscus

Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:20 pm

The original poster was referring to NCP. 1.09e us the latest patch for AACW.

The full NCP game has no option to change the duration of the turns, although I am pretty certain that it could be modded.

Nevertheless IIRC, it was discussed in relation to AACW and although doable it would have peculiar consequences (certain inner workings of the game - reinforcements, others ? :bonk: - would keep on the original turn duration); I might be wrong, though :innocent:

Adlertag

Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Didz wrote:I've just ordered this game having played through the demo, just waiting for Play to deliver it at the moment.

One thing I hope will be in the full game is an option to choose how long a turn is. I've found in the demo that I rarely want a turn to cover a full week of game time.

Frequently, I just want to increment time by one or two days. A week just has units flying back and forth round europe list like idiots.

If this isn't in the full game then I hope it can be added to a future patch. Given that the Waterloo Campaign was completed in less than a week it seems daft to have that as the standard turn duration.

Hello and welcome,
You are true, the current turn duration of one week isn't 100% adapted to smaller scenarios but you should consider the scale of the game. If you reduce turn duration, you should add more precision about armies positions, perhaps change the scale of region, and also change the current combat system wich is currently more adapted to simulate large engagements involving forces of corps and above size and covering an entire region.
But if you consider large scenario, the mini campaigns like Peninsular War, Russian Campaign, Prussian campaign of 1806-1807 , then turn duration is really adapted.
Consider smaller scenarios just as they are : "aperitif".
Good lunch. :hat:
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”