Bohémond

Re Map Issue

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Renaming Region is really an issue, AACW modders can tell you more about it, often result seems to be engine problem.

Regards

Bohémond

Pocus

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:38 pm

You can rename a region just by using the Local Strings though... No need to change its actual alias... But this can become difficult to understand in the end if you rename too much.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

More Map Issues

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Pocus,
It sure would be nice to get all the regions properly names, I've seen a few other mentions of regions having the wrong name. It's just that Austerlitz kind of sticks out because of the famous battle there.

One map problem I see is the location of the city Leipzig. According to the maps I've seen regarding the 1806 campaign Leipzig is far closer to the Saale than the Elbe. It's much farther west of Dresden than is shown in NCP. I still can't believe that there should be a port on the Elbe at Leipzig when it should be at Dresden which is close to the Elbe.

One thing I'd like to see for NCP2 is to see the actual city of Leipzig get moved to the western edge of the region it's in instead of being snug up against the Elbe and to move that port to Dresden.

Pocus

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Moving a city is rather simple compared to renaming the internal identifier (UID or alias) of a region, as this does not impact that many things. Can be done rather easily even by a modder.

'Cosmetic' renaming, i.e just changing the name you, the player, see for a region, without changing the underlying internal identifier is also very very simple.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Modding Info

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Pocus,
Thanks for the info that moving a city isn't such a big chore, if you know how to mod. How about moving a port to a different region? Starting to think that I need to learn the scripting language for the AGE engine. Is there some place where there's some kind of manual that can be printed out that would give us info on how the scripting language works and what different commands do? I guess if I learn the AGE engine scripting commands I could use them to mod any AGE engine game.

Murphy's Law - If something can go wrong it will and at the worst possible time!

Bohémond

Issue D2 ; Graphics

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 am

Issue D2 ; Graphics

ID 3359 (Skjoldebrand) has wrong portrait parameter ; Unit_CMN_Skjoldebrand.png should be Unit_SWE_Skjoldebrand.png ( existing in Graphics/Units)

Fixed and included in next DB Issue Release

Regards

Bohémond

Pocus

Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:18 pm

A structure move (city or port) is only a minor tweak indeed. As for scripting and modding, have you visited the modding forum (in topic forums list), there are a lot of infos there.

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Looked but will Look Again

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Pocus,
Thanks for the pointer to the modding forum. I did give it a look a little while back but didn't seem to see much about a modding manual. I'll have to go back and take a better second look to see what's up. I saw something about AGEWiki but no links.

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Infantry Gets Nelgected?

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Bohemond,
Sounds like you're doing some great work remodeling the artillery, cavalry and ships and I'm kind of wondering if you'll do unto infantry what you've done to the other types of units? Seems like all infantry is classed as line infantry instead of by infantry type by what I'm seeing with the lack different types of infantry replacement elements.

Bohémond

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Omnius,

Reworking of infantry is somewhat scheduled, I didn't do it yet due to lack of time. Looking for issues, making modifications and testing is a very time consuming hobby.

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 am

Issue C9 ; Models

Several Swedish models ( Infantry, Cavalry and Arty) (ID 1388 to 1415) have Ability Parameter = $Skirmisher. Revised to null except for LightInf ones.

Issue B5 ; Units

Several Russian Units 5 (ID 388 to 408) ( Cossacks and Greek Militia/Legion) have wrong RaiseRule Parameter ( i.e $Ukraine or $Balkans) and wrong CustomNames Parameter (i.e Militia). Revised to Null.

These will be last issues corrected before NCP DB Issue RevE release later this week.

Regards

Bohémond

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Excellent News for Infantry

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Bohemond,
Little did you realize that when you bought NCP to play that it would turn into something like a full time job. :wacko: Excellent news that you do have fixing infantry on the schedule somewhat. I keep wondering why even differentiate light infantry when it's really nothing but line infantry. If I can help you with the testing let me know. Enjoyed your 1815 modded scenario test that gave all those militia replacements something to actually do in the game. I'm really looking forward to a new patch to test out to see all the improvements you and AGEOD have made to NCP! :thumbsup:

Bohémond

NCP DB RevE Release

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:25 am

Hello,

Please find enclose ;

NCP DB Issue RevE rar file ; Compiled file in folder Structure
NCP DB Issue xls RevE Zip file ; Revised units, models and LocalStrings_NCP xls file
Readme NCP Database RevE text file ; Change log list

This release is comprehensive (Rev A, Rev C and modifications from NCP DB modifications thread are included)

Regards

Bohémond
Attachments
NCP DB Issue RevE.rar
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 363 times

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

NCP DB xls Issue RevE.zip
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 348 times

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

One More Database BooBoo

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Bohemond,
I'm not sure if you caught that in the 1812 scenario there's a supply wagon in the Imperial Garde that's labeled "Sapeurs Garde". From the name it's rather obvious the intent was to make it a Sapeurs engineer unit but it got created as a supply unit by mistake. All the other Sapeurs units are engineers. Also noticed there's no Garde Pontonniers unit in 1812 which seems odd since most all of the other French corps have one.

Thanks so much for all the great work correcting event and database issues and I can't wait to be able to download your handiwork to enjoy. :D Can we download these files to use with 1.07rc3 before the official 1.07rc4 release?

Bohémond

Issue C10 ; Models

Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Hello,

Issue C10 ; Models

Several models (ships) have wrong family parameter ( lightwarship instead of Hvywarship). (ID 841, 842, 886, 887,1044,1045,1111,1151,1194,1195,1294,1295,1425,1426)

Fixed to be included in next DB Issue Release.

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond

Issue C11; Models

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello,

Models 766 and 767 ( Bavarian HQ and Signal models) have some mismatch in Alias, Family and others parameters.

Fixed, to be included in next DB Issue Release.

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond

Issue B6 ; Units

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Issue B6; Units

Unit uni_AUS_Lippa1 ( ID2891) has a & in his name (String in LocalStrings_NCP) the engine use the symbol & as field separator when generating the units.cached file and models.cached file . This cause a error when this leader is in use.

In LocalStrings_NCP

Model_Name_AUS_Lippa1 modfied from Lippa von Duba & Kosarczow to Lippa von Duba Kosarczow

Unit_Name_AUS_Lippa1 modified from Lippa von Duba & Kosarczow to Lippa von Duba Kosarczow.

Included in next DB Release

Regards

Bohémond

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Double Duty for Constantine in 1814

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:18 pm

I just looked at the 1814 Battle for France scenario and very quickly saw that Russian General Duke Constantine is used twice in two different formations both in the region of Bern. Duke Constantine is in the Bohemische Armee as well as commanding the Russian III Corps Reserve. Obviously Duke Constantine should be commanding the corp and the duplicate in the Bohemische Armee should be deleted from the database.

Bohémond

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 am

Hello,

I think it's not a DB issue but a Setup one.

I'm going to do some tests and let you know.

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:04 am

Omnius,

I find the issue, in the scenario ( scn file in NCP\Scens) Duke Konstantine is used twice but if you regenerate the script.ini with the setup from DB (xls file), the issue will be corrected. It seems that the mistake was corrected in DB xls file but the scenario was not regenerated after this correction.

P. Wittgenstein (Russian 3 Stars general) is used in Bohemische Army (Bern) and in Russian I Corps (Basel), this must be corrected.

Regards

Bohémond

Bohémond

Wittengenstein Twice

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Omnius,

According to Nafziger OOB, P. Wittengenstein must belong to Bohemishe Army (Bern) and not Russian I Corps.

Let me know if you want to fix it in Setup file, if not I will do it.

Regards

Bohémond

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

More Double Vision

Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Bohemond,
Thanks for looking at the snafu with the double Duke Konstantine. Then you found a double Wittengenstein in two different locations. Saw that Arnim is doubled up in the 1806 Prussian scenarios. If you take Wittengenstein out of I Russian Corps and place him in the Bohemische Armee will that corp still have a corp commander? While not consistent with Nafziger OOB it might make more sense in practical terms when considering the AI which is not so good at relocating leaders to the right place.

I think the best solution is for Pocus or you to regenerate the scenario file so that it meshes with the script.ini file and latest xls file fixes. I'm still too newbie at scripting and modding to want to do it and want the fix to be in the official AGEOD patch so that all can enjoy the improvement. Might be that every scenario should be regenerated to ensure that all corrections made in xls files are translated to the scenario files. Probably should be the last step right before releasing the 1.07 official patch or the 1.07rc4 one.

After posting this bug report here I realized I should have done it in the other thread covering scenario setup problems, but didn't since it seems that thread is rarely read.

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”