jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Forced march: working?!

Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Have some doubts as regard Forced March Option.

With WIA and AACW when player enables Forced march for a moved stack/force the days needed to reach a destination, as displayed on map, change, shortening.
That's not true with NCP!
Are we sure Forced March Option is working?

[color="RoyalBlue"]I'm referring to patch 1.05b beta![/color]

Nikel

Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 pm

At least it is reported, so I suppose it is working

[ATTACH]4475[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Forced march.jpg

Pocus

Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:25 pm

are all regions travelled during your force march with a track or better transport network?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Pocus wrote:are all regions travelled during your force march with a track or better transport network?

I'll need to check the point: next game session!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Pocus wrote:are all regions travelled during your force march with a track or better transport network?

Checked the point getting a curious evidence!

Game engine anticipates the success or falue of the Forced March attemps when visualizing days to destination on game map.

Examples:

Move a corps to destination along a major road, then press Forced March button: if the days to destination regions decrease you know the Forced March attempt will succeed.

Move a corps to destination along a major road, then press Forced March button: should the days to destination notified over map not change you know the Forced March attempt will fail.

It's not good: guess people should not be anticipated with Forced Match results, during the planning phase.

Pocus

Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:53 pm

no you are mistaken, it is always the planned cost, if you succeed. So if you see no change, it means it won't change anything to force marching (because of rounding and such).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Pocus wrote:no you are mistaken, it is always the planned cost, if you succeed. So if you see no change, it means it won't change anything to force marching (because of rounding and such).

GOOD!

I'm happy to be wrong shlould that mean NCP is wright! :neener:

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”