jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

probability issue

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:18 am

Hi,

have doubts over probability commands line working, having tested some events I edited!
Note this is not a modding trouble!
the doubts are with the way probability works!

Now, it seems not a ##% probability, edited in event cmd lines has a real, statistical ##% chance!

For example I tested events with 90% probability, having then to wait 5-8 turns before having them triggered!.......it's quite suspect thing from statistical point of view, ...although not impossible!
What is statistically wrong is having to wait many turns to have activating an event with a 100% probability!

Wonder if probability works over a real statistical model, where any 1-100 value can be edited or rather it works only with some values: for example in some existing default files we have large use of 50, 75, 90 values only.

lodilefty

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:07 am

Look in the scriptreport.txt each turn to see what was rolled.

Also, if you back up a turn, then re-run it, you get same rolls. This is WAD for debug. If you change any one order, then you'll get new rolls.

In my games, the probabilities are certainly working...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:18 am

lodilefty wrote:Look in the scriptreport.txt each turn to see what was rolled.

Great peace of information!
Was looking for something like that!
Previously I was rearching in error report only!

THX!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:31 am

Monitoring events occurance by scriptreport.txt, now.
Probability works fine!

Occasionally, I experienced a memory error with X.P. probably related to events file: with that events are not processed!
This trouble is not reported inside NCP program, but as a X.P. error when you exit NCP.

Troubles like that, "Memory error: memory ##### was not to be read.....", are probably X.P. bugs so to be notified to Microsoft for fixing!

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”