jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Military option activation

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:28 pm

I just discovered there's a sort of limit to the number of activable military options.
In fact, although you can have a number of Military Option superior to 7, and all of them figure out in Military Option pages as selectable only first 7 enlisted can be activated by "player signature".

I wonder what's the parameter I have to modify to allow activacting any Military Option following the first 7!

Thanks in advance for tips

JastaV

PhilThib

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:49 am

I believe the technical limitation to 7 was due to the fact that the ledger does not have enough physical room for more than 7 options (this was lifted in WIA by adding pages to the ledger).
Because this is code-based, not much we can do on that right now, sorry :p leure:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:41 am

PhilThib wrote:I believe the technical limitation to 7 was due to the fact that the ledger does not have enough physical room for more than 7 options (this was lifted in WIA by adding pages to the ledger).
Because this is code-based, not much we can do on that right now, sorry :p leure:

I got evidences we have a bug with Military Options activation.

In fact any available option, figuring out in Military Option pages, but the first seven ones cannot be activated/Selected.

It can be clearly evidenced in Coalition Military Options available in 1813 default Campaign, where 8 options figure out.
The eigth enlisted option, top-bottom enlisting order, cannot be activated: "Coalition GHQ orders an offensive" in the example.
Of course as other options are fired, allowing to scale up "Coalition GHQ orders an offensive" option to a roster position 1-7, then it can be activated, too.

While hope to see an official fix with next patch, I please to post a temporary editing modding solution I could try for my Germany 1813 Hist Mod scenery, where I have 9 available military options, while only first seven ones are selectable.

PhilThib

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:57 am

We'll have a look into it next week, Pocus is still away for the moment :king:

Nikel

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:52 pm

In "force listing" browsing multiple pages is already available, perhaps this feature can be added in a patch for other tabs, of course no idea if this is possible.

But jastaV, remember that it is available too "various options" and is usually empty. So you could use it to add options there instead of the already full "military options"

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:17 am

Nikel wrote:But jastaV, remember that it is available too "various options" and is usually empty. So you could use it to add options there instead of the already full "military options"

Are you referring to the Political Option pages?

They are not used, although you can open them........
There's not example to try editing relative codes! :bonk:

Nikel

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

F4 in the ledger

[ATTACH]3676[/ATTACH]
Attachments
VO.JPG

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:39 am

Nikel wrote:F4 in the ledger

[ATTACH]3676[/ATTACH]

Yes, that's it!

It's empty in all NCP default sceneries, so I have not an example of command lines to assume as a template for my editing/modding.
BTW, it's also possible, although you can open F4 pages they are not active yet.

ThilPhib should clarify this point........

Pocus

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:32 am

multi pages support for options was done for WIA and can be added to NCP yes.

You can also use the F4 page. The F3 page is using the identifier $gmaOptionMil. The second should use $gmaOptionRein

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

Pocus wrote:multi pages support for options was done for WIA and can be added to NCP yes.

You can also use the F4 page. The F3 page is using the identifier $gmaOptionMil. The second should use $gmaOptionRein

The trouble I evidenced is with activation of any option but first seven ones.
They appear in options pages but cannot be activated/selected by players.

You can verify it with 1813- default campaign, Coalition side: it has 8 options as start and 8th one cannot be activated.

If you prefer you can take chance to try my 1813 hist mod: French side has 9 options at all with last two not activable.

Of course I could transfer some options to Generic Options menu, (F4). But you should do it too with all default campaigns supporting more that 7 options!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Pocus wrote:

Sincerely hope that SHOULD could be IS!
I'm going to try this one to manage the "Non Military Options" rostering fro 1813 GC!
Ney: The army will not move!
Napoleon: The army will obey me!
Ney: The army will obey to its Generals’ orders!

[SIZE="1"]Fontainebleau, April 1814[/size]

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”