jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

1813 Campaign: Objective list

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:25 pm

I went after some more modding over THE STRUGGLE OF NATIONS -Germany, 1813 Campaign.

Playing this campaign many times against the AI Coalition side I noticed that Army of Bohemia forces are used to move westword, pushing unopposed to the Rhine area.
Strasbourg, the French capital in the scenery was the main target, and the reason for such AI "manouvering".
That drives away from the main operational theater, Saxony and the Elbe river, an high number of Coalition forces, granting local superiority to the French side.

In my modding-tests I started reworking the Objective list for the campaign: it's to be noted that objectives can be different for the two sides.

After many attempts I suceeded to have a very interesting Campaign, with most actions carried out in the places where the historical 1813 campaign was fought and decided.
Most armies concentrated in Saxony, Silesia, and along the medium Elbe Magdeburg-Berlin-Hamburg area.

In the two pictures we can compare the Objective list how it appears to the French player in the default and modded campaign.
Note, the Objective list is slightly different for the Coalition player.

Modded

The Secretary of State page here reported for the modded campaign is relative to the conclusion of the scenery.
To be evidenced the fact that the player, (French side) was not able to achive a major moral victory: it's a proof we got a really balanced scenery,.......or that I performed very bad!?
Usually I got a major moral victory in THE STRUGGLE OF NATIONS - Germany, 1813 Campaign, but the side I was playing for.

Some troubles are till to be referred!
With the hope to see them investigated and fixed with a future patch....

-[color="Red"]DONEGAL [/color]always figures out into the objective list for both sides, that although it's not present for any side in the scenery setup file objective list.
Guess we have a bug here:..........may be related to the fact that Donegal is the first region enlisted into the scenery-cities excel foil!?

-AI is often attempting deep-raids with isolated forces: they advance, out of friendly supply lines and go soon depleted!
It's an issue to be checked up for a solution witha future patch.

-Coalition AI it till committing an eccessive number of Forces to besiege Fortresses along the Vistula: AI performs very bad when besieging!.....Siege is often left without reasons; then, next turn AI forces come back to start a new siege to the same fortress.

The Struggle of Nations 1813: Historical Mod is available for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9tjixmxvzjb

But the re-worked Objective list, it intruduces:

-Historically accurate 1813-1814 unit models for all sides.

-A different, and supposed more accurate, Fortresses and Cities disposition along the Elbe river area.

-A new Supply-Depot network

-Garrisons securing Depots, Fortresses, Cities.

-Leaderships improvements, with Russian and French Guard Corps Commanders with Guard Commit ability.

Code: Select all

NOTE:
The Struggle of Nations-Germany, 1813: Historical Mod while offering a suggestive and alternative scenery to the default The Struggle of Nations-Germany, 1813 Campaign, is not to be considered as part of the work in progress The Struggle of Nations-Germany, APRIL 1813 projects......
.........Although it's a usefull modding-playgroud and it anticipates some issues of this larger 3rd party project.

lodilefty

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 pm

-DONEGAL always figures out into the objective list for both sides, that although it's not present for any side in the scenery setup file objective list.
Guess we have a bug here:..........may be related to the fact that Donegal is the first region enlisted into the scenery-cities excel foil!?

See post #5
http://www.birth-of-america2.com/ageod/forums/showthread.php?t=9436
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:59 am

Got the small pach: it includes the only 1813 Campaign.scn. file

I'll be very gratefull if I could have copy of the relative setup excel file or the matching script.ini: that to apply changes to my modded campaign too.

Thanks in advance. :coeurs:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:23 am

Guess I have catched the bug!

Here is the Objectives field from the Setup 1813 Excel file:

$Berlin|20|$Dresden|15|$Warszawa|5|$Danzig|5|$Hamburg|10|$Uelzen|15|$Breslau|10|$Hannover|5|$Koenigsberg|5|$Metz|2|[color="Red"]Nurnberg|5|[/color]$Prag|10|$Milano|5|$Frankfurt|2|$Zurich|3|$Mainz|2|$Munchen|2|$Breslau|5|$Strasbourg|8

For a typing mistake there's no [color="red"]$[/color] simbol before Nurnberg.

Guess in presence of such an error AGEOD program rather than crashing picks up the first enlisted region in the cities 1813 excel foil: that to say [color="red"]Donegal[/color]!
This is my supposition.

I've fixed the editing mistake in the setup file for The Struggle of Nations 1813: Historical Mod.

French Objectives:
$Berlin|15|$Dresden|15|$Halle|15|$Warszawa|5|$Danzig|5|$Hamburg|5|$Uelzen|10|$Breslau|10|$Hannover|10|$Koenigsberg|5|$Metz|2|$Nurnberg|5|$Prag|5|$Milano|5|$Frankfurt|2|$Zurich|3|$Mainz|2|$Munchen|2|$Breslau|5|$Strasbourg|5

Coalition Objectives:
$Berlin|15|$Dresden|15|$Halle|15|$Warszawa|5|$Danzig|5|$Hamburg|10|$Uelzen|15|$Breslau|5|$Hannover|10|$Koenigsberg|5|$Lublin|2|$Nurnberg|5|$Prag|5|$Milano|5|$Frankfurt|5|$Zurich|3|$Krakow|2|$Munchen|5|$Breslau|5|$Wien|5

Down here screenshot with French side Objectives list:

A new fixed version of The Struggle of Nations 1813: Historical Mod will be uploaded as soon as possible.......

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 pm

The Struggle of Nations-Germany 1813, Historical Mod, [color="Red"]ver.2.04[/color] is available for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wnzpz9tugmd

Version 2.04 fixes the "Donegal" Objectives List bug.

Have fun!

JastaV

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”