oxford_guy
Corporal

Thu May 15, 2008 9:32 pm

jastaV wrote:Did you forget this?

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8586

Leader & HQ redeployement Special Command ! :p leure:

JastaV

Oh yes, good point - that's still seems to be broken...

Pocus

Fri May 16, 2008 6:37 am

what exactly is broken with the order?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

oxford_guy
Corporal

Fri May 16, 2008 9:53 am

Pocus wrote:what exactly is broken with the order?

The button isn't greyed out, but clicking on it doesn't do anything under any circumstances, as far as I can tell...

arsan

Fri May 16, 2008 12:50 pm

Redeployment works perfectly well for me on 1.04 beta patch :coeurs:
Oxford guy, are you sure you know how this feature works? :bonk:
Cheers

Rafiki

Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 pm

And that it needs to be enabled (through the game-options)?
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

oxford_guy
Corporal

Fri May 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Rafiki wrote:And that it needs to be enabled (through the game-options)?

I have it enabled so that in theory I'm meant to get one redeployment per turn and the AI three. However, I have tried all sorts of things e.g. putting activated leaders not next to any enemy troops in a stack on their own and still can't seem to get this button to do anything. What is meant to happen when you have a leader selected and click on the button? Its not grayed-out BTW

arsan

Fri May 16, 2008 1:49 pm

oxford_guy wrote:I have it enabled so that in theory I'm meant to get one redeployment per turn and the AI three. However, I have tried all sorts of things e.g. putting activated leaders not next to any enemy troops in a stack on their own and still can't seem to get this button to do anything. What is meant to happen when you have a leader selected and click on the button? Its not grayed-out BTW

Hi

Select the leader, HQ, or support unit like medic or engenieers you want to redeploy (can be stacked with other units but not locked or commanding a division/brigade).
Press the button and left click on the map area you want the leader to go (it has to be controlled by you).
The leader will be "teleported" there. You can undo the "teleportation" just by clicking on the button again.
Hope it helps!

Pocus

Fri May 16, 2008 2:26 pm

raah, that is not a teleportation, but a strategic redeployement !! :king: ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

oxford_guy
Corporal

Fri May 16, 2008 2:31 pm

arsan wrote:Hi

Select the leader, HQ, or support unit like medic or engenieers you want to redeploy (can be stacked with other units but not locked or commanding a division/brigade).
Press the button and left click on the map area you want the leader to go (it has to be controlled by you).
The leader will be "teleported" there. You can undo the "teleportation" just by clicking on the button again.
Hope it helps!

I'm pretty sure that's what I've been doing, but nothing seems to happen - should the button visually depress like the others do? Are there any other pre-conditions (e.g. not being next to an enemy unit)? Does the leader have to be active that turn?

Also I wasn't aware that you could redeploy engineers and medic units - that could be really useful!

Anyway, I will try again this evening and report back...

Offworlder
General

Fri May 16, 2008 2:33 pm

PhilThib wrote:Not yet...It can be done easily, but it is risky to alter figures without a sound evaluation... what is your suggestion? By how many % they have to be reduced in your mind...? :indien:

Most of the time both militia and partisan replacements should be reduced by a lot (even 50%). Ok, this was a popular war, but in game the partisan units are so weak that they get wiped out during the first clash with French units. Militia replacements tend not to be used up as well since only the five unit militia units tend to survive a fight.

arsan

Fri May 16, 2008 4:05 pm

oxford_guy wrote:I'm pretty sure that's what I've been doing, but nothing seems to happen - should the button visually depress like the others do? Are there any other pre-conditions (e.g. not being next to an enemy unit)? Does the leader have to be active that turn?

Yes, sure. When you select a teleportable err i mean, strategicaly redeployable unit :niark: the button should highlight.
And if you click on it, depress. When the button is depressed is when you should click on the region you want the unit to go (just be careful to click on an empty space of the region. If you click on another unit/garrisoned town by mistake it will be selected and the redeployment aborted).
When the leader appears in the new region, the redeployment button should remain depressed, and you can click on it again to undepress it and undo th redeployment.
About requisites, the tooltip over the button will tell you all about them.
But there is no need to be active or any problem with being next to a enemy unit. But i think you can't use it if you are under siege.
Regards

Pocus

Fri May 16, 2008 4:09 pm

I checked and it worked. The leader must be alone, not commanding a division or brigade.

oxford_guy
Corporal

Fri May 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Pocus wrote:I checked and it worked. The leader must be alone, not commanding a division or brigade.

What if he's the most senior leader in a corps stack? Does he have to be active? Does he have to be not next to an enemy?

arsan

Fri May 16, 2008 4:28 pm

If he is the corps leader you have to strip him of cops leadership status before redeploying him.
i suppose this is intended so you don't lose a corps status form a stack by mistake by redeploying his leader to other area.

oxford_guy
Corporal

Fri May 16, 2008 5:03 pm

arsan wrote:If he is the corps leader you have to strip him of cops leadership status before redeploying him.
i suppose this is intended so you don't lose a corps status form a stack by mistake by redeploying his leader to other area.

If there's more than one two-star general in a corps stack, how do you tell which on is the leader?

arsan

Fri May 16, 2008 5:09 pm

The one on the left is always the leader.
Besides, the stripe where his name is will be gold colored (is white for normal leaders and silver/grey for division/brigade commanders)
Cheers

oxford_guy
Corporal

Fri May 16, 2008 5:11 pm

arsan wrote:The one on the left is always the leader.
Besides, the stripe where his name is will be gold colored (is white for normal leaders and silver/grey for division/brigade commanders)
Cheers

Thanks for the info.

Rafiki

Fri May 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Pocus wrote:raah, that is not a teleportation, but a strategic redeployement !! :king: ;)

Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe :sourcil:

:D
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve NCP!”