gwgardner
Brigadier General

End game notes

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 am

Upon completion of an 1807 Campaign, I received a 'stalemate' popup, and below that were three or more lines of text in a shade of white/grey, against a white background. I could not read the text, so have no idea what it said about the stalemate. By the way, my opponent received a 'victory' popup for the same game.

Pocus

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:22 am

Did you see an image (a painting etc.) above? What is the language you use?

The Stalemate/Victory title can be misleading. If you lose by VP, you only get a stalemate event, not a defeat. This should be tweaked to 'Minor Defeat' and 'Minor Victory' I guess, as only the victory by morale should be considered as a major victory.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

gwgardner
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:18 am

Sorry, I blew it. I just installed the latest patch, and the problem no longer occurs. Thanks for the response, however.

tux
Corporal

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Hello,
I bought and installed my german copy ver. 1.05 last week. I don't get the endgame picture (.png file in graphics/frontend/eventwindow) in the endgame frame. It's difficult to see the white results on the white background. The patch 1.06 installed doesn't fixed the problem.
Could anyone please help?

tux
Corporal

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Hello,
I fixed the problem on my own: I got a message in the log file, that another .png file was missing. It had the suffix _GE.png. So I copied the victory, stalemate and defeat files to <filename>_GE.png and now it works.

arsan

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 pm

tux wrote:Hello,
I fixed the problem on my own: I got a message in the log file, that another .png file was missing. It had the suffix _GE.png. So I copied the victory, stalemate and defeat files to <filename>_GE.png and now it works.

Good to hear! :thumbsup:
Next time we'll try to be more helpful :bonk: :)
And welcome to the forums!

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”