JadeKing
Lieutenant

Guard bug for russian army

Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:26 pm

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I will report it anyway. If you hoover your mouse over Alexander or Constantine in the Austerlitz campaign, this text appears: ABI_NAM_GUARDCOMMIT, level 0. Does this mean they do not have the guard special ability, but will get it later through event? There is alot of guard units in the Constantine stack, so I presume he is intended to be able to use it?
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.
Dio Chrysostom

Pocus

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:14 pm

This will be fixed soon, thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Is this a problem with all leaders, with the guard special ability? Bessieres also has the same text showing. Also in the invasion of England campaign, there are a few guard units, in the 1st british guard division. But I dont see any british leaders with the guard special ability? Is this a bug?
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.

Dio Chrysostom

Pocus

Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:53 pm

Yes, this will be fixed for the next update. The British don't have a general with the ability to my knowledge, meaning they use the guard as elite units, but not as the French or Russian. If this is not deemed historical, you can discuss that with members of the Historical Team.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Adlertag

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:15 pm

I think also that English Guard inf. regiment should be played as elite infantry and not in the same conditions than French or Russian counterparts.

Even Russian Guard was not employed exactly like the French Imperial Guard which was also, in Napoleon's hands, a political tool.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”