NefariousKoel
Captain

Critical Error: Thames or Danube

Tue May 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Just crashed while selecting the British fleet in the Caribbean after starting the Thames or Danube scenario and doing my initial organization.

Log and campaign save enclosed. Though I'm not sure if there's anything in the campaign files as I hadn't even ended a turn yet. :blink:

Note: I just reinstalled a fresh copy of this and put the latest 1.07 update in (the one that says release candidate 1 on the load screen). I also installed to a regular folder (C:/Games/##) instead of /Program Files (x64) on my Windows 7, along with checking Run As Admin and Disable Desktop Composition. UAC is disabled.
Attachments
crash.zip
(364.48 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

Durk

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:55 am

Have you tried the Windows 7 option to run as an earlier version of Windows? That has worked for me. My game files are in the Program Files (x86). This seems to be the place Windows 7 best sees the earlier versions.
Everything else looks fine. Are you running as admin from a right mouse click?

NefariousKoel
Captain

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Yeah I have the shortcut permanently set to Run As Admin and Disable Desktop Composition so that Aero is disable while it's running.

I've not run these in compatibility mode before, as I'd never needed to; they had always ran okay. I may give it a try anyhow. Perhaps it was just a freak occurence. :bonk:

Durk

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:44 am

My experience with Windows 7 is that only a right click selection of Run As Admin forces the system to run as admin. All other choice push admin into the background and do not actually run as admin.
I have had similar issues with several games, but the run as admin right mouse click seems to work best for me. Because the crash is not consistent, it seems to me to be mostly associated with mouse speed or a corrupt unit in a stack, I save several times in a turn. Then, when I return, the same crash may not occur.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Durk wrote:My experience with Windows 7 is that only a right click selection of Run As Admin forces the system to run as admin. All other choice push admin into the background and do not actually run as admin.
I have had similar issues with several games, but the run as admin right mouse click seems to work best for me. Because the crash is not consistent, it seems to me to be mostly associated with mouse speed or a corrupt unit in a stack, I save several times in a turn. Then, when I return, the same crash may not occur.

I have UAC turned off, and it runs as admin since a couple other older games I've loaded requires it to be used or they don't work. :thumbsup:

Like I said, freak occurence.

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”