Daendels
Conscript

1813 campaign full of bugs?

Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 pm

I am having problems with the 1813 campaign. I have installed the latest patch and I am an experienced player. But I think there are a lot of bugs in this campaign. I play as coalition, and I noticed following:

1. several generals appear twice, with different rankings. Barclay de Tolly for example is a one- and three star general at the same time.
2. Divisions are named after an other general than the one first in row. Several pictures and names also don't match.
3. Generals move themselves without my action. Mack in Illyria, Hohenlohe in Berlin.
4. I can't form army's. If I set the army symbol in a stack, I can't join them with a three star general, even if his ranking is appropriate. This is meanly the matter with the german armies. I could create the Polish Army on the russian side. But it changed name in 'British Home Army'. Maybe this is because lord Nelson is in the stack. His gost - Nelson was in fact dead for eight years in 1813 while shot at Trafalgar - is wandering around...
5.The symbol of an Army is for all german armys the same symbol as siege artillery or fort artillery. The last symbol is taken litterally, because one can hardly move an Army because of the weight of the fortress artillery. It takes up to 30 days to move such an army to an adjecent region.
6. Pictures of batalions change if I put them in a division. Guns become cavalerists, most in the Bohemische Armee and Nord Armee.
7. Several grenadier divisions appear as ships. But if I want to move them to a harbor, I can't. While moving, the 'faded' picture shows a grenadier. But the whole stack is fixed, because of the 'ships' included. In Königsbergen I managed to put one in the harbor. The sign shows no ship, but a grenadier. If I put it back in the stack, it changes back in to a ship. The names of the 'batalions' are those of grenadiers, but the icons are ships. There are no ship action possibilities for attack or defense, just land force options. Those grenadiers are movable on the sea, but they make the noise of horses galloping...

I hope someone can help me out here.
greets and thanks.

Pocus

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:07 pm

If you have such weirdness as grenadiers divisions showing as ships, then it means your current game is using a database (game files) of another version of the game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Daendels
Conscript

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Thx Pocus, for your quick reply. I have only one version of the game. That is, I did install the latest patch... what do I have to do to fix this? The weirdness shows up only at this scenario.

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:12 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 pm

deleted

Daendels
Conscript

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Thx Gray, I tried it and it worked!

greets!

Edit: it seemed to work, but it didn't. I saved a copy of the game wich I can't uninstall, it simply doesn't. Any suggestions?

Daendels
Conscript

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 pm

I uninstalled the game, removed it completely from my pc, installed again...and all the problems mentioned above remained.

I will start a new thread to ask if anyone has experiences with 1813-coalition.

Thanks for your help so far!

Helluin
Civilian

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Confirmed. The 1813 campaign displays some interesting peculiarities, at least on the side of the Coalition forces, with Nelson having joined the Bohemian army :confused: (cf. attachment) and leader portraits on the map not matching those in the army display. And yes, I followed the advice of uninstalling, deleting the game directory and reinstalling (incl. patch 1.06). The attached screenshot is from a freshly installed game. Any thoughts?
Attachments
image2.jpg

Daendels
Conscript

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Ah, that's a relief! However... anyway. I tried two rounds, but it can't be played this way. It's full of bugs, obviously. Try the army at Danzig. If you 'dissmiss' all divisions in the stack, you 'll see the 'grenadier-boats' show up. I can't make a picture of it at the moment, but it is worth a try.

I have no ideas, unfortunately. I was looking forward on giving the French a solid beating and thunder them all the way to the Spanish border. I'll guess that has to wait till the next patch... :(

Thanks for your post anyway!

Helluin
Civilian

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 pm

The next patch might indeed help. I just looked - only cursorily though - at the 1813 campaign after having installed 1.07 beta 4: I did not find Nelson, and as far as I could see the leader portraits seemed to be consistent. So I guess the errors have been noted, and are being worked upon. Thanks to the AGEOD team for their continuing support. :thumbsup:

Daendels
Conscript

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 pm

That's good news indeed! I am going to install that right away. I just played Austerlitz, and I could gain no more than a stalemate, while the French even didn't come as far as Munich... grumph!

kosmoface
Corporal

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:33 am

Helluin wrote:The next patch might indeed help. I just looked - only cursorily though - at the 1813 campaign after having installed 1.07 beta 4: I did not find Nelson, and as far as I could see the leader portraits seemed to be consistent. So I guess the errors have been noted, and are being worked upon. Thanks to the AGEOD team for their continuing support. :thumbsup:

Indeed! I'm planning a playthrough of NCP in the next time and I am very happy that they still support this game. Thanks AGEOD!

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”