aburke
Civilian

Could not find any compatible Direct3d devices.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:19 pm

I think it might be a Nvidia driver issue, because another game I have that used to run recently broke.

So I cannot start Napolean’s Campaign. I get the following error message, “Could not find any compatible Direct3d devices.”

I’ve attached my DxDiag.txt file and the log file from the game.

I've tried these things: I’ve downloaded the latest patch (1.06). I downloaded a d3drm.dll file. I downloaded the foundation patch just for kicks. It didn’t fix it either. I tried downloading and earlier version of Direct X but Windows did not allow it. I used the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

I purchased the game from GamersGate a couple of weeks ago but haven't been able to play it yet. Running Vista 64 bit. Nvidia 8800GTS.

By the way, I ran DxDiag using remote desktop to my home machine. If it looks screwy, let me know, and I’ll send a local version it when I’m home again. All my testing was done locally, I just didn’t have time to post then.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Gray_Lensman

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:27 pm

deleted

Nikel

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:49 pm

aburke wrote:I think it might be a Nvidia driver issue, because another game I have that used to run recently broke.

Reinstall drivers, latest here

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

Pocus

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:31 am

Weird though, I have a 'vanilla Seven' windows, and all Ageod games run (well they fly, given the PC I bought :) ) on it.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:38 am

The problem is not related with AGEod games, but his configuration

DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Not Available

Pocus, will you add multicore support to your engine? ;)

Gray_Lensman

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

deleted

Pocus

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:45 am

Nikel wrote:The problem is not related with AGEod games, but his configuration

DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Not Available

Pocus, will you add multicore support to your engine? ;)

In VGN, the map is loaded using another core (if you got 2+ :neener: ) from the rest yes. I would like to go further and have each AI works on a separate core, but this ask for much refactoring, and before doing this optimization, I want to complete the mandatory stuff (a good, complete AI)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:50 am

Pocus wrote:In VGN, the map is loaded using another core (if you got 2+ :neener: ) from the rest yes. I would like to go further and have each AI works on a separate core, but this ask for much refactoring, and before doing this optimization, I want to complete the mandatory stuff (a good, complete AI)

Good to know :)

And will you retrofit this feature to old games, or is only for games released after VGN?

Pocus

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 pm

this can't be retrofitted, as VGN map loading is completely different from the others games (because of the vast size of the map, we had to do things differently), the regions are in DDS format, not BMP for example.

Aflemaor
Civilian

Could not find any compatible Direct3d devices

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:20 am

I tried to install the last update but I get an error from BF P4F Updater: Could not find build.
I allready have been playing for the last weeks without problem before that of course.

I unistalled the game an try to play again but during the installation the same error apears.

I ussually use Firefox but it doesn?t work on IE or Chrome neither.
I have Windosws 7 64bit

does anyone know how to solve this problem? I would be very greatful. thanks

PCT25

Pocus

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 am

What is BFP4F?

Your messages would fit well with what a bot can deliver, you know? Prove me you are not one...

Carnium

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 am

Pocus wrote:What is BFP4F?

Your messages would fit well with what a bot can deliver, you know? Prove me you are not one...

Bot 100%:
http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=107682

Pocus

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:16 pm

ok, banned it will be.

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”