vcczar
Private

Will Napoleon's Campaigns run on my computer?

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:12 pm

I've been playing the demo for about 3 weeks now. The demo runs, but I'm wondering if the actual game is more demanding on the computer.

Here is my system:

Pentium 4 computer 2.80 GHz
0.99 Ram

How do I check to see what kind of video card I have?

arsan

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi!

I have the same computer than you and i have played all AGEOD games without problem. They can run faster, but they run fast enough ;)
Now, the graphics card is important too. I have an Ati 9600 pro 128 mb.
To check yours, do a left click on the desktop, go to properties and then check the configuration tab.
There you should find info about your graphic card.
In any case if the demo runs, the game should run OK also. :thumbsup:
On huge scenarios (like the 1812 Russian campaign things will be slower, but thats all!

Regards!

vcczar
Private

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks! looks like we have the same computer. You were the perfect person to respond. :)

Rafiki

Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:55 pm

arsan wrote:In any case if the demo runs, the game should run OK also. :thumbsup:

+1

In fact, I can't recall hearing about anyone having problems running the full game after having run the demo without problems :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:00 am

Rafiki wrote:In fact, I can't recall hearing about anyone having problems running the full game after having run the demo without problems :)

I hope you knocked on wood when you said that ;)

Rafiki

Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:12 am

Nah, I have a history of tempting fate..... ;)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

vcczar
Private

Now there's a problem.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:41 am

I updated my computer with the latest version of windows (vista) and now the demo isn't working. Is that a normal occurrence. When I try to run the demo it says that a problem has occurred.

arsan

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 am

:bonk: Bad move! :(
Windows Vista is very resources hungry! Your (or mine ;) ) old computer are barely capable of running Vista, and the OS will let veeeery little "power" left for other programs or games.
For what i have read, Vista uses for itself more than 700 mb RAM, so with just 1 GB RAM you will only left 300 for all the rest of the programs/games.
If you really want to use Vista you should get a newer and more powerful computer or at least buy 1 or 2 more GB of additional RAM (its pretty cheap nowadays!) :thumbsup:

In any case, NCP and the rest of AGEOD games can run on Vista. Lots of people use them with newer and powerful computers.

vcczar
Private

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:36 am

This is rather strange. I took off Vista and put Windows XP back on my computer. I downloaded the demo again. It isn't working. :(

Once I can get the demo to work, I'm going to buy the game. Odd that the only time the game worked was when I had a virus on my computer.

Rafiki

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:47 am

Can you post the "main.log"-file you can find in the Log-directory of your game installation? That might give an indication of what is and isn't happening

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

vcczar
Private

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 am

is there a log directory for the Demo? I'm looking for it and I don't see it. Don't see a main.log anywhere.

Rafiki

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:20 am

It should be there, in NCP/Logs under your installation

(I'm a bit hazy on the exact path to it, unfortunately :( )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

vcczar
Private

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:36 am

C:\Program Files\Napoleon's Campaigns Demo\NCP

Ok the folders once I get here are: aliases, events, fonts, frontend, game date, graphics, includes, scans, scripts, settings, sounds.

None of these have main.log.

Rafiki

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:26 am

That was unexpected. I would think the demo logged in the same way as the ordinary game, but someone else will have to provide advice on what to do.

In any case, I've now moved this thread to the tech support forum since this is now a tech support issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

vcczar
Private

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:55 am

Do you think anyone is going to be able to help me?

Rafiki

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:03 am

Let's see on Monday when business hours resume :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:41 am

vcczar wrote:This is rather strange. I took off Vista and put Windows XP back on my computer. I downloaded the demo again. It isn't working. :(

Once I can get the demo to work, I'm going to buy the game. Odd that the only time the game worked was when I had a virus on my computer.

Did you go after a clean installation?
If you are installing a different OS over the older one you have to manually
clean OS register files!
Ney: The army will not move!
Napoleon: The army will obey me!
Ney: The army will obey to its Generals’ orders!

[SIZE="1"]Fontainebleau, April 1814[/size]

vcczar
Private

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm not sure. I don't know that much about computers, but one of my friends is rather passionate about them. The computer had a rather strong virus and he got rid of it by cleaning out the system and then giving me Windows Vista. Windows Vista wasn't compatible with some of my programs and games, so he took it off and re-installed Windows XP.

I think this is rather bizarre that the demo doesn't work. The ACW demo doesn't worth either. But Europa Universalis II works now as do other programs.

Pocus

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:38 am

you must launch the game at least once to have the logs directory appears.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vcczar
Private

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:36 am

Well, the problem is that the game won't launch. It says: "NCP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this inconvenience."

I really hope this technical problems can be solved because I really look forward to the demo running so that I can purchase your wonderful game.

Pocus

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:05 am

Can you send to support@ageod.com your DxDiag file (or contact them if you don't know how to do that), adding this thread as a reference? Thanks in advance.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vcczar
Private

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:19 am

Ok. I did so. Waiting paitently for the reply. Thanks.

Pocus

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:35 am

You got mail :)

Return to “NCP Technical support / Aide technique”