jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

EVENTS file: need help

Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:43 am

Hi everybody,

I'm seaking informations and possible editing guidelines for EVENTS file.

I examined EVENTS foil into setup Excel file from different NCP sceneries.

It's not clear to me the meaning of columns; the file were events, (ex evt_nam_Renforts_ENG_Jun1815_1), are editeded in detail and the other files related to events managements.

I'll be gratefull for any sort of useful information and support.

I thank you in advance

JastaV

FM WarB
Colonel

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:48 pm

The Modding Events file in the Modding ACW section of the ACW Wiki should prove useful. It can be found by clicking the following link.
http://ageod.nsen.ch/aacwwiki

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:22 pm

FM WarB wrote:The Modding Events file in the Modding ACW section of the ACW Wiki should prove useful. It can be found by clicking the following link.

But going after encoding new events I HAVE NOW A BIGGER TROUBLE!

I'm not able to replicate the default NCP installation events files starting from NCP_DB pack files!!!

Could you gently post link to NCP_DB pack you are using?

Thanks in advance

JastaV

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:52 pm

FM WarB wrote:The Modding Events file in the Modding ACW section of the ACW Wiki should prove useful. It can be found by clicking the following link.

Got the guide, studied it in detail, tried editing events......
......With worst results :bonk: !

It seems like things are changed, or may be NCP events use a different syntax compared to AAWC.
It seems better and usefull to keep any existing event excel file as a reference, then going to stury and modding it!

lodilefty

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:02 pm

jastaV wrote:Got the guide, studied it in detail, tried editing events......
......With worst results :bonk: !

It seems like things are changed, or may be NCP events use a different syntax compared to AAWC.
It seems better and usefull to keep any existing event excel file as a reference, then going to stury and modding it!

No, same syntax, but a couple of possibilities:

• AACW has some things that may not work in NCP [level 2 engine vs. level 1]
  • Wiki is the compiled, output text. What you actually put in the DB may often be somewhat different look.

You have the right idea: go find a similar event, study the DB, and copy. It's my 'big secret' with WIA [I steal shamelessly from AACW and NCP Databases] :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:09 pm

We really, *really* need to start thinking of a way to compile a comprehensive modding guide, useful for both modding freshmen (e.g. tutorials) and for veterans (e.g. reference guides, intricacies) alike, for the entire AGE engine, be it level 1, 2 or 3 games being worked upon.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:27 pm

lodilefty wrote:No, same syntax, but a couple of possibilities:

Wiki is the compiled, output text. What you actually put in the DB may often be somewhat different look.

Just an example relative to Create Group event.
The exact sequence of parameters reported in the Wiki pages does not match the way columns/parameters are ordered into events or HistOptions excel DB files!
......As I said my main resource was to move after examples of these two files: events or HistOptions !

lodilefty

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:37 pm

jastaV wrote:Just an example relative to Create Group event.
The exact sequence of parameters reported in the Wiki pages does not match the way columns/parameters are ordered into events or HistOptions excel DB files!
......As I said my main resource was to move after examples of these two files: events or HistOptions !

What you see is the result of the csv splitter parsing the output from the excel files. Trust me: after you edit an excel file, save it as csv and run splitter, it will result in a 'create group' like you see in the wiki...

AFAIK, the Wiki mod info origiated before widespread use of the DB came about.

I exclusively use the excel files, because that is how I started! The ability to cut/paste/modify large blocks from one place to another is the main advantage. Another is the ability to use 'color codes' to note/track changes.

Anyway, I digress. The wiki is usefull to me as a guide only. It does not have all commands, and is [I agree] very confusing if you are using the excel files.

This is why, I believe, that Rafiki is trying to get a 'definitive' modding guide assembled.

Sorry, not a very good answer. :(
I am now to the point that I rarely refer to wiki, but rather 'surf' through excel files looking for an event or setup structure to copy. BoA, NCP, AACW and [once stable and released] WiA al use the same format, script language, etc....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:51 pm

lodilefty wrote:This is why, I believe, that Rafiki is trying to get a 'definitive' modding guide assembled.

Lodi's getting a bit ahead of himself; I've started thinking about what can be done to better help those who mod; no-one except Lodi has said anything about a "definitive modding guide" or the assembling thereof ;)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:53 pm

Rafiki wrote:Lodi's getting a bit ahead of himself; I've started thinking about what can be done to better help those who mod; no-one except Lodi has said anything about a "definitive modding guide" or the assembling thereof ;)

:non: :o
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Rafiki

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:56 pm

I do take his post as a vote of confidence, though Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “NCP Mods”