PhilThib

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:25 am

How come I cannot see anymore any image...I just have a small white square with a red cross, and cannot see/open the image in any case. JPG format may be ?? :tournepas

arsan

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:54 am

Philipe,
I also had problems with images but now they are solved.
I think it's caused by the forums move to new servers.
To see the image what i did was right click over the non showing image and try to "open image". This take me to a new window where i was asked to log on the forum again. I did log, click on "remember me" and form then on i see everything all right.
It seems some parts of the forum (images for example) are still on a different (old) server and you need to be logged i in both parallel forums to see them.
Rafiki says its only temporal problem

Nikel,
They look awesome!! :coeurs: :coeurs:
I saw the double Essen on the long (41 turns) Prussian campaign but it seems they are also on the Russian one. So i'm pretty sure they are considered two different leaders on game as they should. :coeurs:
Greta work!

Regards

Nikel

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:28 am

PhilThib wrote:How come I cannot see anymore any image...I just have a small white square with a red cross, and cannot see/open the image in any case. JPG format may be ?? :tournepas

I posted them late this night and I could not see them, rather frustrating, but they are visible now here, I closed the forum page and opened again this morning

I see you are releasing a new game so you must be short of time. When you have time can you help with the names of the russian generals, please?

http://www.birth-of-america2.com/ageod/forums/showpost.php?p=97064&postcount=50

Or perhaps do I release all that I have now?, there are already 44 russian generals ready to service :niark:

arsan, note that I have not painted them. They have been modified though. If you look at the portraits, their colour is very strange, saturated and orange. I tested in the game and they looked bad. So after some testing I noticed that reducing hue and saturation, and increasing brightness and contrast (and of course some sharpening like any other portrait), the aspect was much better, and the skin had a more natural color. The result is variable though depending on the general. IMHO a very good result is Inzov, this is the process I have followed

[ATTACH]3733[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]3734[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]3732[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Inzov2.jpg
Inzov_Ivan_Nikitich.jpg
Unit_RUS_Inzov.png
Unit_RUS_Inzov.png (11.31 KiB) Viewed 8789 times

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 am

PhilThib wrote:How come I cannot see anymore any image...I just have a small white square with a red cross, and cannot see/open the image in any case. JPG format may be ?? :tournepas

Me, too!

It's one more evidence we have till troubles with direct upload to Ageod pages from PC........... :siffle:

Uploading to 3rd party file/image hosting sites and posting links works!!!

My congrats to Nikel :coeurs: :coeurs: !!!!!!

JastaV

arsan

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:39 am

Nikel wrote: there are already 44 russian generals ready to service :niark:

:8o: You have already done 44 russian general portraits?? :nuts: Wow!
You have been pretty busy lately it seems!! :coeurs: :coeurs:

Rafiki

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:42 am

arsan wrote:Rafiki says its only temporal problem

Rafiki had hoped it would be but now thinks it might be a bit more permanent :( he will however sort it out as well as he is able to (hoping that that will be sufficient for the long haul)
jastaV wrote:Me, too!

It's one more evidence we have till troubles with direct upload to Ageod pages from PC........... :siffle:

Uploading to 3rd party file/image hosting sites and posting links works!!!

Jasta, the upload problems you experience have nothing to do with the problems some people have with inline displaying of attached images. As far as I know, you're the only one having problems with uploads, which makes it very difficult for us to figure out how to fix it, and that's providing that it's actually something we can fix at our end o fit :cwboy:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:08 pm

And along this line of thought, make sure to read http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=10236 (Feel free to follow up on these issue there, letting Nikel's work regain its thread) :)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Adlertag

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:31 am

It seems it doesn't come with the format but rather from the server himself ...
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Rafiki

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:38 pm

If people accessing the forums via http://www.ageod.com (still) have problems seeing inline images, I'd like to be informed about it :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

PhilThib

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:14 pm

All set and fine for me now... thank you ! :coeurs:

Nikel

Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:54 am

Update with the russian generals already finished. This time there is even and admiral, Krusenstern. you can test it in the russo-swedish war :niark:
Just realized that, is it not needed an armies&fleets portrait for the admirals?

[ATTACH]3762[/ATTACH]

There are 50 already finished, hope you like them. If you detect any problem, please tell me. A few more can be done. Thanks arsan for the help with the Essen and for the support :coeurs: :coeurs: ;)

[ATTACH]3763[/ATTACH]

Here is the complete review of the portraits of the russian generals and admirals. With different I mean that the portrait in the game is different of the one in the wikipedia or the russian site. In () are the names of the ones whose name does not appear in the database, they could be added in a future version

PORTRAIT INCLUDED WITH THE GAME

Alexander I
Baggovut
Bagration
Barclay de Tolly
Bennigsen
Borozdin. Different
Buxhowden
Depreradovich
Dokhturov
Ertel
Gollitzin (Dmitriy_Vladimirovich)
Gorchakov
Kutuzov
Kamensky
Kapzevich (Petr)
Karpov
Korff (Fyodor_Karlovich).
Kutaisov
Langéron
Miloradovich
Olsufiev (in fact is Osterman-Tolstoy)
Orlov-Denisov
O'Rourke
Osten-Sacken
Platov
Raevsky
Scherbatov (wrong?, 3 available and none of them?)
Shepelov
Sivers Egor Karlovich
Steinheil (Fabian Gotthard von)
Tolstoy
Tormasov
Tuchkov without name (there are 4, 3 with portrait, the portrait is of Nicolai Alechseievich). As Essen?
Uvarov
Vasilchikov
Voinov (Alexandr_Lvovich). Different
Volkonsky. Different
Vorontsov
Wintzingerode. Different
Wittgenstein
Wurttemberg. Different
Yermolov. Different
Meller-Zakomelsky. Different

ADMIRALS WITH PORTRAIT INCLUDED IN THE GAME

Chichagov Different
Senyavin
Ushakov

FACELESS

Moreau
Suvorov

PORTRAIT ALREADY MADE FOR THE MOD

Bakhmetyev
Bistrom
Chevitch (Shevich_Ivan_Egorovich)
Choglokov (Pavel Nikolaevich)
Czernichev
Davidov
Diebitch (Ivan Ivanovich Dibich)
Dorokhov
Duka
Emmanuel
Gamen (Alexey_Yurjevich)
Harpe (Vasily_Ivanovich)
Helfreich (Bogdan_Borisovich)
Hovanski (Nikolay_Nikolaevich)
Ignatev (Dmitry_Lvovich)
Ilovaisky
Inzov
Khrapovitsky
Kologrivov (Alexey_Semyonovich)
Kolyubakin (Pyotr_Mihailovich)
Konovnitsin
Kornilov (Pyotr_Yakovlevich)
Kreutz (Cyprian)
Kretov (Nikolay_Vasilyevich)
Kulnev
Lambert (Karl_Osipovich)
Lanskoi (Sergey Nikolaevich)
Laptiev (Wasily_Danilovich)
Likhachev (Pyotr_Gavrilovich)
Lindorfs (Fyodor_Andreevich)
Lowenstern
Melissino (Alexey_Petrovich)
von Lowis of Menar
Nazimov (Fyodor_Viktorovich)
Neverovsky
Paskevich
Pillar (Egor_Maximovich)
Pisarev (Alexandr_Alexandrovich)
Rakhmanov (Vasily_Sergeevich)
Repnin(-Volkonsky Nikolay_Grigorievich)
Rezvyi
Sabaneev
Sivers Karl Karlovich
Tschaplitz (Yefim_Ignatyevich)
Udom E
Udom I
Urusov (Alexandr_Petrovich)
Veliaminov (Ivan_Alexandrovich)
Krusenstern (Adam Johann Ritter von) or (Ivan Fedorovich)

2 PORTRAITS AVAILABLE AND CLARIFICATION IS NEEDED WITH THE NAMES

Berg
Knorring
Liewen
Mezentzov
Pantschulischev
Sazonov
Tallisin
Turchaninov
Zass

TO DO LIST

Chahkovski
Kostenetsky
Olsufjev (new)
Osterman-Tolstoy (change)
Potemkin
Prozorovsky
Pyshnitsky (Dmitry_Ilyich)
Rudzevich (Alexandr_Yakovlevich)
Soulima (Nikolay_Semyonovich)
Stavitsky (Maxim_Fyodorovich)
Friedrich Karl of Tettenborn
Toll
Vuich (Nikolay_Vasilyevich)

ADMIRALS

Lisyansky (Yuri Fyodorovich)
Richelieu

Updated link in the first post with the french
Attachments
Russian Generals and admiral.jpg
Krusenstern.jpg

PhilThib

Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Fabulous.... when you feel ready with your list complete, then we make it official in the next patch :coeurs:

Nikel

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:12 pm

PhilThib wrote:Fabulous.... when you feel ready with your list complete, then we make it official in the next patch :coeurs:

You can make them official whenever you want ;)

Of course I am assuming that the next NCP patch will not be the last, so if you consider them valid and I make more, you can add them in follo-up patches.

Beside the portraits, any news on the release notes of NCP 1.05? I want something new too for my own enjoyment :niark:

PD, remember that I need your help with

2 PORTRAITS AVAILABLE AND CLARIFICATION IS NEEDED WITH THE NAMES

Berg
Knorring
Liewen
Mezentzov
Pantschulischev
Sazonov
Tallisin
Turchaninov
Zass

The problem with and the affair Olsufjev and Osterman-Tolstoy

Regards

PhilThib

Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:37 pm

To make the mod official, I need to receive by mail every single graphical file, not just a jpg image from a forum...then I'll modify the Models Db to have them fit, and re-export the rest...

Regarding the names, I can't help, because I am not the one who did the initial historical research....and the guy is abroad on vacation :p leure:

Nikel

Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:40 pm

But I have already posted the graphical files, and I did it every time I made an update, they are in the first post of this thread

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3764&d=1218931012

They are not jpg, they are pgn files compatible with the game. Each general has 3 files.

- PGN portrait for the units folder, the portrait that appears in the panel units,

- PGN portrait for the armies&fleets folder, the portrait that appears in the map

- modified mdl file indicating that the general has a specific portrait and not a general one, for "GameData\Models"

If you unzip the downloaded file in the "Napoleon's Campaigns\NCP" folder they will be installed correctly

If you ask this I wonder if somebody has downloaded and tested them :(

About the remaining portraits, who did the historical research, is a forum member here?

arsan

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi Nikel!
Didn't knew all your great portraits were already up for download on the first post :bonk:
I just downloaded and installed them on my game to give them a try ... but i found some kind of error :p leure:
During game initialization it crash with a critical error.
On the main logs (i attach it below) it mentions a problem with UID 2372 that seems to be the Russian general Gamen.
Any idea about what is causing the problem?? :bonk:
Thanks in advance :coeurs: :coeurs:
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Nikel

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:00 pm

But then, you never downloaded the frech generals either?

I have updated the first post with the new generals every time, you can read it in every update post I did. If PhilThib and you were not aware of that, then I must be doing something wrong :(

About the error I have no idea, just tested it and I have no errors and I can see Gamen in the game, in fact you can see him in a previous screenshot posted, he is the one commanding 32th infantry division here

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3727&d=1218671497

The mdl files were overwritten when you unzipped the file?

In gamedata\models can you check 2372RUS_Model_Name_RUS_Gamen1 file? The only line I changed was

Portrait = Unit_RUS_Gamen.png

arsan

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi!

Yes i downloaded the French a while ago... probably the first batch of portraits... but i was not aware you were updating the file with each new portrait :bonk: Sorry! :innocent:

About the error... i don't know what could be the problem. I have re downloaded the portraits and unzipped them again (overwriting, of course) but the game crashes on loading with the same message...
I have played NCP this morning and it worked all right :bonk:
I will try a fresh reinstall tomorrow and report back.
Now i have some work to do for tomorrow :p leure: :niark:
Meanwhile, i attach my gamen1 mdl file... maybe its not the same you have? :bonk:

Thanks and regards!
Attachments
2372RUS_Model_Name_RUS_Gamen1.rar
(641 Bytes) Downloaded 248 times

PhilThib

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:29 pm

In fact I NEVER download stuff from the forum. For various reasons (mostly security and tracking, plus other aspects too like IP) I always ask the modder to send me the files by email (contact me by PM for this) and I do all my own "kitchen work" behind the scenes... :cwboy:

If it works well, then it becomes official... proof of the validity of this procedure is the Gamen incident above :niark: :sourcil:

So when it all feels safe and tested, I'll step in.

PS: I am away most of next week to the GC show in Germany, so I will not work on this before September anyway :king:

Nikel

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm

arsan wrote:Hi!

Yes i downloaded the French a while ago... probably the first batch of portraits... but i was not aware you were updating the file with each new portrait :bonk: Sorry! :innocent:

About the error... i don't know what could be the problem. I have re downloaded the portraits and unzipped them again (overwriting, of course) but the game crashes on loading with the same message...
I have played NCP this morning and it worked all right :bonk:
I will try a fresh reinstall tomorrow and report back.
Now i have some work to do for tomorrow :p leure: :niark:
Meanwhile, i attach my gamen1 mdl file... maybe its not the same you have? :bonk:

Thanks and regards!

Sorry arsan :( :( :(

After unzipping the file I am able to reproduce your error. But I do not know the cause of it.

I have deleted gamen files, replaced the mdl file with a backup copy,... but still I have the same error.

I do not want to cause problems to the gamers, download link deleted, time for a strategical retreat :(

Nikel

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:08 am

OK, perhaps after all the retreat was tactical, not strategical. I think that I have found the problem :)

It is the new Essen, that is in fact 2371, so 1 before 2372. In my testing I created a new mdl file called 2371RUS_Model_Name_RUS_INEssen1 (that is considered by the game as the 2372). But it was wrong, so edited 2370RUS_Model_Name_RUS_Essen2 for the new portrait and this was of course working. But when I zipped the files, included ...INEssen1, instead of ...Essen2. In my case with deleting ...INEssen1 is enough.

arsan in your case you have to delete ...INEssen1 from "gamedata\"models folder and besides edit ..Essen2 so that the right portrait is showed, not the generic. Change the portrait line to

Portrait = Unit_RUS_INEssen.png

In this canse INEssen is right as this is how I called the portraits files.

Please, check if this is working before reinstalling, so that I can reupload the files again

Regards

arsan

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:50 am

Cool! :coeurs: :coeurs:
I will test it this afternoon when i arrive home and report back :cwboy:
Regards!

Carnium

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 am

Nikel wrote:Update with the russian generals already finished.

I just came home from my vacation this weekend and there is such a nice surprise on the forum already. :niark:
Great work as usual !!

Nikel

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks Carnium.

But if you read what followed, it was not so nice for arsan and me :niark:

If arsan report is positive I will update the files again later today or tomorrow.

arsan, in fact I detected another problem. If you delete the file

2371RUS_Model_Name_RUS_INEssen1

the main error on startup should be solved, as you can see there are now in your installation two files starting with 2371... So the game must think that the problem is in 2372.

OK main problem solved, the game will start. But then checked the 1812 scenario, and now both Essen appear with the new portrait :bonk: I will check it again this afternoon, it was late night yesterday when I tested

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Nikel,

It seems like I'm not the only one at bay with NCP_DB files......

I suggest you when going after newly edited models/units to add them at the very bottom of the respective LGE_DB_Models_LGE & LGE_DB_Units_LGE excel files, so to not have to update all the mess of .Uni and .Mdl files already added to NCP programm.

I'll be happy to e-mail you a download link to my "updated copy of NCP_DB" files......it has been updated with ver 3.03 of Germany 1813, hist mod!

If you have till trouble send me your working copy of LGE_DB_Models_LGE & LGE_DB_Units_LGE excel files.

......and remember to update LocalStrings_NCP file too in relation to edited/added units and models!

........[color="Black"][SIZE="2"]But all, great work, as usual!!!!!![/size][/color]

Nikel

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Thanks jastaV, you are very kind :coeurs: ;)

On the other hand I hope you are not right. I followed what Jabber did with AACW portraits. So to make the portraits compatible with the game you "only" need, what was posted above

- PGN portrait for the units folder, the portrait that appears in the panel units,

- PGN portrait for the armies&fleets folder, the portrait that appears in the map

- modified mdl file indicating that the general has a specific portrait and not a general one, for "GameData\Models"

I have not touched the databases (only use them to know the list of generals, who has a specific portrait and so on) or LocalStrings_NCP.

I am able to use and see the new portraits adding them to the respective folder and changing the portrait line in the mdl file.

Changing the database was a PhilThib's affair if the portraits were made finally official, or at least this is what I understood

Nikel

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 pm

arsan wrote:Cool! :coeurs: :coeurs:
I will test it this afternoon when i arrive home and report back :cwboy:
Regards!

arsan when you test it. Please check the starting point of 1812 scenario. Right now in my installation, both Essen are the same at Riga and Moldava and are the **general. No idea of how I managed to differentiate them before.

Checking the 1812 scen file, both are essen2? So the problem is with the scen, not the files. I promise that I have not touched the scen.

Please PhilThib, can tou tell us if the Essen are 2 or in fact they are only 1?

One of the lines of essen1 mdl file is

TechUpg = $ldr_RUS_Essen2

do this mean that they are the same general, that cab be "upgraded"? Then they should not appear at the same time :bonk:

Perhaps it is better to upload the mod without the new Essen? What do you think arsan?

arsan

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi Nikel!

Sorry for the delay. Couldn't use the computer until now... :grr:
Your fix works like a charm! :coeurs:
I just deleted the INessen file and edited the other one and the game loads and plays great!

About the Essen problem, i think this must be a setup problem with vanilla scenarios. :bonk:
You are right on 1812 scen: the russiana have two identical Essen (both ** and with the same stats) that use your new portraits. I have never played that scen before so i can be positive if this problem happened also with the vanilla NCP (without your portrait mod) but i bet it will, just with the other Essen portrait used on both leaders.
Maybe someone with the vanillla NCP installed could confirm. Its easy to check: at game start one Essen commands a corps on Riga on the north, and another Essen commands another corps just on the opposite side of the map, in the southern Russian frontier.
It seems that two different real life generals (the two Essens) are considered as only one guy with * and ** versions used on the Prussian campaigns and two identical ** version used on the 1812 Russian campaign.
That techupg line on the mdl file is used for promotion i think, son the * version can upgrade to the ** version. :tournepas
I think PhilThib will have to look at this little mess when he comes back from the Leipzig game convention. :siffle:
Meanwhile, your idea seems good to me: just remove the Essen portrait from your mod until the problem is solved and release the rest as they work great now :coeurs: :coeurs:
Cheers!

Nikel

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks for testing :coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs: and sorry again for the problem caused!

I agree with you completely on the Essen's affair :niark: Hope PhilThib can say us something about it.

OK. I will update the mod again tomorrow morning without the new Essen, so 49 new russian generals portraits

arsan

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

And a bunch of french ones too!! :coeurs: :coeurs: :niark:

Return to “NCP Mods”