lightsfantastic
Colonel

Prussian Campaign Historical Setup

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:46 am

Ok, so the Prussian Campaign is great, but it uses the Jena Campaign setup & starts two weeks earlier. By the time the Prussian Ultimatum event fires the French are at the Elbe. So after a little research I have thrown together a modified scenario that moves Prussian and French forces to where they roughly were at the end of September. I am using David Chandler's The Campaigns of Napoleon Part Eight: Rossbach Revenged as my guide.
[CENTER][SIZE="2"][color="Blue"]French Setup[/color][/size]

[/CENTER]
Napoleon and the Guard are locked at Mainz for two turns (Guard reached Mainz on September 25; Napoleon reached Wurzburg on October 2.) At Franfurt is Augereau's VII Corps and Lannes V Corps (Chandler says V Corps was camped somewhere near the lower Main River.) Davout's III Corps was at Nordlingen, Mortier's VIII remains at Mainz, and Bernadotte's I Corps at Nuremburg. Ney's Corps was between the Iller R and the Upper Danube R. Soult's Corps was north of the Danube where the Inn R meets the Danube R, (where the pointer is) but those regions are out of play so I placed him at Passau. Murat and Jerome Bonaparte are not mentioned so I put their Corps' at Munich with Berthier.

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][color="Navy"]Prussian Setup[/color][/size]
[/CENTER]
Blucher is at Gottingen with Ruchel at Muhlhausen. Hohenloe and Le Coq are assimilating the Saxon Army at Dresden. Brunswick is at Magdeburg with Wurttemburg and the Reserve Corps at Berlin.

[CENTER]Image
L'Estoc is at Posen and locked for 10 turns.
[/CENTER]

The only other changes are that Bennigsen's Russians will arrive via event in October instead of November, and all the Landwehr units are locked for only 2 turns instead of 20.

I do not know if the Saxon Switch-sides events work with this as I am using the Original NCP .xls files. [color="Red"]Corrected in .sct file NOT in XLS 2/14/08[/color]

Local Strings_NCP.csv to Settings (Copy Original first; This is the only file that overwrites another.)
Prussian Campaign Historical Setup.scn to Scenario Folder
Prussian Campaign Historical Setup.sct to Events Folder

Anyone with ideas for further improvements please do not hesitate to post them.

[color="Red"]2/13/08 Minor Change to events file.
2/14/08 Corrected Saxon Change Sides In download events file[/color]
Attachments
Prussian Campaign Historical Setup.rar
(368.3 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

PhilThib

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:09 am

Excellent...do not forget to send us the excel sources... :king:

Arnaud_Bouis
Sergeant

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 am

Great work.

> Anyone with ideas for further improvements please do not hesitate to post them.

Wasn't it Louis Bonaparte, instead of Savary, who commanded the army at Wesel ? (I did not see Louis in the other 1806 scenario, the Jena scenario).

The biggest problem I have noticed is most of the Prussian leaders (incl divisional ones) having 0-0 tactical ratings.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Arnaud_Bouis wrote:Great work.

> Anyone with ideas for further improvements please do not hesitate to post them.

Wasn't it Louis Bonaparte, instead of Savary, who commanded the army at Wesel ? (I did not see Louis in the other 1806 scenario, the Jena scenario).

Louis comes in via event.

Arnaud_Bouis wrote:The biggest problem I have noticed is most of the Prussian leaders (incl divisional ones) having 0-0 tactical ratings.

I believe it accurately portrays the problems in Prussian Leadership at the time. Most of the brigades, let alone divisions hadn't maneuvered together for years prior to the war.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:46 pm

PhilThib wrote:Excellent...do not forget to send us the excel sources... :king:

Here they are.

2/13/08 Minor Change to Events file
Attachments
LGE_Setup_scenar_PrussianCampaign_1806-1807_Historical_Setup.rar
(919.25 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:58 am

Corrected a mistake in the Events file. I had Bennigsen's event firing before the game started. :bonk:
Corrected in above links.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Corrected Saxon-Change Sides in .sct file. (ALL French Units were being removed.) Not fixed in .xls file. (Phil, were do I add in the selectfaction C06 command?)

Pocus

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 am

just specify C06 in the first column of the Excel file.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “NCP Mods”