Moopere
Civilian

Tactical battle mod

Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:19 am

Any possiblity to mod this game so that tactical battle are resolved in some out-of-game way? I'm thinking tabletop miniatures, NTW2 or LG, some other tactical system that could make use of the fabulous campaign system that NC provides.

Moopere

StewartRN
Civilian

Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:43 am

Yes it would be interesting to be able to change battle results after a table top battle. I have a large collection of 25 mm napoleonics. I suppose it would be too easy to cheat though.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:35 pm

We have a great example in Total War Series, where battles generated over the Strategic map can be played at a Tactical level.
With Total War Series great attention is payed to the graphic aspects of the game.....
I suggest that in AGEOD series tactical battles could be managed at a tactical level, with unit counters analogous to those used at strategic level, but with specific rules and dedicated maps.
Of course we need a high number of generic tactical maps, to play tactical battles......the topographic nature of any tactical map beeing dictated by terrain over the region the battle is trigged at strategic level.

JastaV

CVDon
Conscript

Sun May 18, 2008 11:51 pm

Dang! I just posted something like this in the Wish List.

Total War requires a different engine and asking for that is asking a lot. I would be happy if they used their current engine but switched to brigade level on a small scale map. Instead of a map of Europe, the game gives you the option to port over to a map of the area you are fighting in and sprites appear at the brigade level. Infantry figure, cavalry figure, artillery figure, but keep using portraits for Division, Corps, and Army commanders.

Same chain of command rules, same activation rules, same game engine, just smaller scale.

(PS: I have about 7000 15mm figures. Painted them all myself. Don't do much table top gaming these days, though. :( )

Looking
Conscript

Diplomatic mode

Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 am

Tactical mode might be not easy to come to life. But it would be great to include (patch) the "Company" regime and some of diplomatical action as well. How think guys? At those times all the military leaders (generals, admirals) had to be and diplomats as well... And they where... Did you remember how Napoleon during the Italy comp. made all the treatys himself, without Konvent? And so all the rest... Regards :coeurs:

GShock

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:07 am

More than the graphically awesome reproduction of the tactical battle in TW series (the rest of the game is total rubbish, so rubbish the AI is that modders handicap the money of the player, lol) i would rather use some system like in Warhammer.

The problem is that this is a strategic game with PBEM multiplayer. No tactical combat system can ever be made for an MP game that has strategy as the core. BTW it's the reason why the fabled TW mp campaign never took place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Return to “NCP Mods”