jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mod testing

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:11 pm

I had chance to test all in one Nikel's Generals Portrait pack and Germany 1813 Hist. Mod. ver. 3.05!

The effect of Nikel's Generals Portrait pack is impressive, expecially playing the Coalition side.......with some 50 new faces of Russian Generals recentely added!
I noticed no troubles or bugs relative to Nikel's Generals Portrait pack installation.

As regard Germany 1813 Hist. Mod. ver. 3.05, I have been able to trigger Sudden Death victory condition: no troubles here, too***!

The way I've been able to achive a major NM Victory suggest me I have to re-work "SetMoraleLevels" for Coalition side.

I noticed some notification troubles associated to events I edited.
I observed a minor bug with recovery of full efficiency of Prussian HQ following a Contested leadership event.

So expect a new version for Germany 1813 Hist. Mod.........

***In the past I reported a major game crash after playing for French side when I was near to trigger a NM French Major Victory........
I think fatal crash was trigered by a quite unusual situation: during turn Resolution I was able to achive the NM Level for French side at same point during a major engagement........while same engagement was raging, things started moving toward a less favourable end: I started loosing VP and NM points.
With that, at game turn end, (although I had temporary reached the NM Victory Level in the middle of turn resolution), I was far from NM Victory Level.....Guess this contradictory situation in NM counter has determined the game crash!

AFAIK , but minor troubles with Germany 1813 Hist. Mod Campaign, I have to report a perfect compatibility with Nikel's Generals Portrait pack, that can be uploaded with no stability risk for NCP program! :niark:

Nikel

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks for testing, jastaV, and for the good news too :coeurs: ;)

It seems that you are making a great of progress in your modding habilities :cwboy:

But boxed BOA2 is out. Did you say that you started modding because it was not available? :p leure:

Rafiki

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:13 pm

Nikel wrote:But boxed BOA2 is out. Did you say that you started modding because it was not available? :p leure:

It's not out yet; it's been announced that it is underway :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:29 pm

Nikel wrote:But boxed BOA2 is out. Did you say that you started modding because it was not available? :p leure:

Look to BOA2 availability in a bit different perspective: I read great things as regard new features coming with WiA......It'll be a great source for new mods to NCP!

BTW,
WiA is Overponds matter, while Napoleonic Age warfare is my life!

Pocus

Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 am

if you backup one turn and proceed again it, do you still get the crash?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 am

Pocus wrote:if you backup one turn and proceed again it, do you still get the crash?

No !!!!!
But second time, playing backup turn, battle resolution was different and never I was up the NM Victory level..........

Pocus

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:01 am

So I can't inspect the bug, if it don't reproduces. :( sorry.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rafiki

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 am

If you redo a turn without changing anything, battle results should be identical; sounds a bit strange that they aren't unless you are doing something different?

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Rafiki wrote:If you redo a turn without changing anything, battle results should be identical; sounds a bit strange that they aren't unless you are doing something different?

Moves are identical!
As regard battle resolutions, with dice rolls, combat rounds, losses to units are not the same!
I guess!

Rafiki

Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:32 pm

jastaV wrote:I guess!
But I know that as long as you don't change any orders or anything, the battle results will be exactly the same; it has to do with how the "dice rolls" are detemined :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pocus

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:36 am

yes, but sometime there is still some divergence, I guess this is what cause 'out of synch' errors in some MP games...

Return to “NCP Mods”