jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

LocalStrings_NCP

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:34 am

I had to manage with LocalStrings_NCP!

I noticed a full excel column is fulfilled with Question marks.
It's not clear if they represent a local-language planned for future but not supported, or if they are track of an already supported language using characters not supported by western keyboards.....as Russian!

dooya

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 am

jastaV wrote:I had to manage with LocalStrings_NCP!

I noticed a full excel column is fulfilled with Question marks.
It's not clear if they represent a local-language planned for future but not supported, or if they are track of an already supported language using characters not supported by western keyboards.....as Russian!
Got to be the Russian column; it appears as question marks on my computer too. :cwboy:
No quote - No bullshit!

arsan

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:05 am

Yep, me too. Its just a fonts problem i think as we don't have Cyrillic fonts on our capitalists and decadent western computers :nuts: :niark:

dooya

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 am

arsan wrote:Yep, me too. Its just a fonts problem i think as we don't have Cyrillic fonts on our capitalists and decadent western computers :nuts: :niark:
However, reading the Spanish column which is in Latin letters, provides me the same amount of information as provides reading the Russian column made of question marks. :niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

arsan

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

Don't get me started about that gibberish thing you call 'german lenguage'... :siffle:
At least we make words short enough so one can breathe from time to time :niark:

dooya

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:34 am

arsan wrote:Don't get me started about that gibberish thing you call 'german lenguage'... :siffle:
[...]
Why should I? Actually my post was not directed at any insufficiencies of the Spanish language, but rather about me not speaking either Spanish, nor the mysterious question mark language. :p leure:

I always wanted to know what Los del Rio and Las Kechup are singing about Spanish culture and history. :niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

Rafiki

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:52 am

In Soviet Russia, strings translate you!
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

arsan

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:16 pm

dooya wrote:I always wanted to know what Los del Rio and Las Kechup are singing about Spanish culture and history. :niark:

You don't know what you are missing! :nuts:
Pure poetry!! :niark:

PS: i was just joking... i don't have anything against German language :innocent: ... but don't get me started about French... or Norwegian! ;)

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:39 pm

arsan wrote:Yep, me too. Its just a fonts problem i think as we don't have Cyrillic fonts on our capitalists and decadent western computers :nuts: :niark:

I'm not sure with it!
I can navigate thrugh Russian language sites with no troubles, visualizing all russian caracters.......Although I cannot understand any, "po-russkij" !

I suppose columns have been filled with ?????????, (question marks) vaiting for a russian translation!

Rafiki

Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 pm

arsan wrote: i don't have anything against German language :innocent: ... but don't get me started about (...) Norwegian! ;)

Well, at least we're not so self-important that we need to have each and every game translated into our own language before we are willing to enjoy it! :fleb:

;)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Hey! Be careful! ;)
Somebody might take you seriously and believe it's OK to be rude and sarcastic in the fora! :siffle: :niark: :mdr:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:22 pm

Isn't it? :8o:

:sourcil:

;)

:niark:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

arsan

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Rafiki wrote:Well, at least we're not so self-important that we need to have each and every game translated into our own language before we are willing to enjoy it! :fleb:

;)

Yeah, sure... big deal! but you still can't understand the glorious lyrics of the Macarena and the Aserejé :fleb: :niark:

Jasta
I also can see russian letters on the browser, but not on th excel. Maybe MS Office needs some special Cyrillic fonts or something..
But the Russian translation of the game is already done. The games was published there some time ago i think. I have seen some cool screenshots with tooltips in Cyrillic :tournepas :niark:
Check this image
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9574
Regards!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:01 pm

arsan wrote:Jasta
I also can see russian letters on the browser, but not on th excel. Maybe MS Office needs some special Cyrillic fonts or something..
But the Russian translation of the game is already done. The games was published there some time ago i think. I have seen some cool screenshots with tooltips in Cyrillic :tournepas :niark:
Check this image
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9574
Regards!

You are right!
For sure it's something related to excel language support, because we I easely visualize Russian pages like this one:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BD_I_%D0%91%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82

So, gentleman I invite you to stop beating each other and go after a little challenge: translate this one! :niark:

Наполеоне Буонапарте (так его имя произносилось приблизительно до 1800 г.) свою профессиональную военную службу начал в 1785 в чине младшего лейтенанта артиллерии; выдвинулся в период Великой французской революции, достигнув при Директории чина бригадного (после взятия Тулона 17 декабря 1793 г., назначение произошло 14 января 1794 г.), а затем дивизионного генерала и должности командующего военными силами тыла (после разгрома мятежа 13 вандемьера 1795 г.), а затем командующего армией.

Rafiki

Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Napoleon Buonaparte (so pronounce his name until about 1800) of their professional military service began in 1785 with the rank of lieutenant junior artillery; put forward in during the French Revolution, when reaching the rank of Brigadier Directories (after taking Toulon on December 17, 1793, the appointment happened January 14, 1794), and then Major General and commander of military forces positions rear (after the defeat of the insurgency 13 vandemera 1795), then commander of the army.

"Easy" ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

dooya

Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:14 pm

jastaV wrote:You are right!
For sure it's something related to excel language support, because we I easely visualize Russian pages like this one:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BD_I_%D0%91%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82

So, gentleman I invite you to stop beating each other and go after a little challenge: translate this one! :niark:
I had to learn Russian in school and I still can read some of it, but it is not enough to understand more than a few words. :bonk: :niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Rafiki wrote:"Easy" ;)

I trust your translation!
:siffle: ......Now is known who I'll have to contact for russian translations!

Only thing I personally noted is the use of Буонапарте, (Buonaparte), evidencing the Italian origins........ a thing French people always go after to "remove"!
.......A good subject to start a new discussion! :fleb: :niark:

BTW, You should add Russian Ambassador to your profile!

Rafiki

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:37 pm

jastaV wrote:BTW, You should add Russian Ambassador to your profile!

Well, if I hadn't used Google language tools, I might take credit for the translation :siffle:

Also, I'd like to say that the titles of "ambassador" have by no means been granted lightly; both arsan and dooya deserve much credit for the significant and continuing contributions they make to the Spanish and German parts (respectively) of our community! Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “NCP Mods”