jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Adding Armies: need some support

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:11 pm

I tried Adding new armies to NCP Germany 1813 scenery.
I did that by Military Options: player will have chance to call in more Armies HQ and service units at cost of VPs, money, conscripts.

The option works, but with some troubles:

1. It seems like we can have only a limited amount of armies, so even if the add new army option appears in the Military option pages it's unpossible to activate it.

2. Second problem is the poore flexibility in calling up new armies.
Suppose you have available 3 armies for Military Option selection.
Army of Berlin
Army of Saxony
Army of Bavaria
They relative activation options are enlisted in this order in Military Options pages.....
Now you cannot activate Army of Saxony, or Army of Bavaria till you have activated Army of Berlin.

I thank you in advance for tips or suggestions usefull to fix these troubles.

JastaV

soloswolf
General of the Army

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

I knw negative amounts about modding, but I recall reading about the army issues in AACW. There was an issue in the force pool limitations, starting numbers and trying to build upon them. Maybe this could be the root of your problem?
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:45 pm

soloswolf wrote:I knw negative amounts about modding, but I recall reading about the army issues in AACW. There was an issue in the force pool limitations, starting numbers and trying to build upon them. Maybe this could be the root of your problem?

I fixed the first trouble.

As regard point two, it seems like we cannot activate more than first top 7 available options in the Military Option menu: as a result if you have 9 options at all you can pick and activate only first 7, not last 2!

How to edit this "7 limit" is unknown!

JastaV

PhilThib

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 am

To effectively add armies, you have to "name" and add them effectively in the nations/factions file, otherwise it shall not work. Check column M (named GHQInfo) of the excel file LGE_DB_Factions16a.xls that you can find in the game's database.... :indien:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 pm

PhilThib wrote:To effectively add armies, you have to "name" and add them effectively in the nations/factions file, otherwise it shall not work. Check column M (named GHQInfo) of the excel file LGE_DB_Factions16a.xls that you can find in the game's database.... :indien:

That has been done!
the problem is now with thw "7 actvable Military Option Bug":

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=10120

JastaV

P.S.: happy to see you back on line!

murat
Lieutenant

Army Activation

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Can you activate new Armies in the Military Option for all scenarios in the game?
This option should give the game most flexibility.

I thank you in advance
Murat :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:40 pm

murat wrote:Can you activate new Armies in the Military Option for all scenarios in the game?
This option should give the game most flexibility.

I thank you in advance
Murat :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

.....Starting with Germany 1813 Hist mod ver. 2.08 new armies are indeed added by Military Option Menu!
Note, all available armies actually and historically took part to 1813 campaign...... So adding in the same way armies to other sceneries will be possible only after an accurate historical reserch........

BTW, for more time to come I'll be busy over Germany 1813 campaign: when all will have been done with Hist. Mod. Campaign I'll move after the April Startup Germany 1813 campaign!

BTW, I just uploaded ver 3.03!

murat
Lieutenant

Army

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Thank you very much.
How Can I help you for work? I'll find the documentation on your demand.
But I hope in the introduction of free elements in the game to ensure more flexibility.
Murat

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:05 pm

murat wrote:Thank you very much.
How Can I help you for work? I'll find the documentation on your demand.
But I hope in the introduction of free elements in the game to ensure more flexibility.
Murat

Flexibility is more of times Historical accuracy greatest opponent!
.....it's true, we can take care to create an historical accurate campaign starting condition, but as soon as geme turns flows history details are gone!

To get a real flexibility we need a production system supporting long term Grandcampaign....the same we have with AACW!
It will be not possible with NCP!.....May be with NCP2!.....if even, not before a couple of years!

I just posted ver 3.05!
With that Germany 1813 Hist Mod project could see its epilogue!
....for me it's now time to enjoy my vacancies!

On my return I'll start working after the April Startup 1813 Campaign,...as regard I'll have some new idea to experiment!
.....and I'll keep mind of your support for historical reserch!

JastaV

Return to “NCP Mods”