Florent

Austerlitz AAR

Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:38 pm

I will start here an AAR of the Austerlitz scénario so that before the release you can see a little more of this beautiful game. Gamers who played BOA and AACW know that Ageod games give players a very good immersion in their games. NC is no exception. You were part of a general staff making plans for a campaign in BOA, President and minister of war in AACW. Now in NC you will have to lead your army to victory by searching the decisive victory and/or occupying key strategic towns and taking care of supply, your line of communication.
Napoléon had great success in 1805 and 1806 by destroying the ennemy and less afterwards by occupying strategic positions without accomplishing what was his rule : Destroying the ennemy. It will be up to you to take this important décisions.

After Great Britain declared war on France, Napoléon prepared the landing in England during 2 years with all of France building ships, offering contributions etc... An huge effort for France.
Knowing that they would be unable to fight the french on their soil, the British hoped that their fleet could help and gave the St Georges cavalry or gold to create the 3rd coalition.
Russia joined on april 11 1805 and Austria on 9 août 1805.
When learning about Austria arming he asked the Austrian ambassador " Do you really believe that i will be foolish enough to let the russians go to your help ?!! " giving his strategic plan, destroying the Austrians before the coming of the Russians.
On september 12, the Austrian troops crossed the Inn river and invaded Bavaria, a french ally. The bavarian troops retreated north west and the Austrians reached Ulm on 20 September.
During this time the french leaved Boulogne and went for the rhine.
Marmont crossed the rhine on september 22 and Davout and some others afterwards.

The game start on October 1-7 1805.

Rafiki

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:12 pm

Now this is something I'll be following; keep it screenshot- and explanation-heavy, s'il-vous plaît :D
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

runyan99

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:29 pm

What, no pictures yet?

Florent

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:35 pm

I zoomed so that you can see the forces at start. Like all Ageod games there is fog of war and you know some things due to adjacent friendly areas and more sometimes.
Thus it simulates intelligence or rumors.
In this game i will play the emperor Napoléon.

The Austrians are over extended on a large area from Ulm to Munich, and the russian advance guard is closing Brunau in the Linz Area.
Keep in mind that this is a work in progress and somes of the pictures would be différent now especially the leaders. I took the screens yesterday and the next ones will have some new leaders made in the meantime.

Of course Phil Thib, Pocus and others playtesters can contribute to help answering the questions :niark: as i will do as best as i can.
At nuremberg is the bavarian corps with Deroy.
In Würzburg Marmont and Bernadotte corps.
In Mannheim is Davout, then Soult in Landau, Murat is next stacked with Ney, followed by Napoléon, Lannes and Bessières ( in the same stack) as well as Augereau that will not move early.
In stuttgart are the wurtembergers, ally of the french, and bade troops in Freiburg and ally too.
In the Italian theatre is Massena in the Army of Italy stacked with Gouvion st Cyr (about 75000 men).
On the far left is the reserve for the Italian Army.Image

Rafiki

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:39 pm

[CENTER]Let's have it in the thread, rather than as a link :)

Image[/CENTER]

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Beren
Captain

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:49 pm

Superb image... beautiful Alps...
"... tell the Emperor that I am facing Russians.
If they had been Prussians, I'd have taken the
position long ago."
- Marshal Ney, 1813

Florent

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:56 pm

Rafiki, yes this is what i will do ...when i will learn how to do it. I'm new for posting pictures. A friend of mine at work should help me. In the meantime i will do what i know :p leure: The first one, i used the zoom, i will not do it often so it should be better i hope.

LordSpain
Private
Location: Entre Tenerife Norte y Las Palmas de Gran Canaria - Islas Canarias - España

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:03 pm

Me encanta el mapa :coeurs:
* I love this map :coeurs:
Pescar sí, respetar el entorno también

Rafiki

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:04 pm

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

On the image page, there's a button called "Get linking code", which gives you what you need. Make sure to not use the ones for thumbnails :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Lafrite

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:06 pm

When you have upload your image, use "Hotlink for forums (1)"

And please, capture picture in jpeg, your png is heavy (1mo)

arsan

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:23 pm

And pleeeease make the images BIGGER!!! :nuts: :nuts:
I'm drooling already but it would be much better if i could appreciate the details for real :p leure: :niark:

Thanks and keep it coming!! :coeurs: :coeurs:

Florent

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:24 pm

The supply is used like AACW thus it is send from depot to depot automatically. But if you have a chariot it will not be reached by supply, instead you will have to send you chariot to the depot and then back to you.
If you take a depot in a town or fortress your chariot(s) will be replenished.Image

Florent

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:26 pm

OK thanks Rafiki i have found the direct link.

fremen
Colonel

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Beautiful images. I think this will be another "supply game" like the AACW.

Florent

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:37 pm

Or supply nightmare fremen, if the line is cut, attrition will be severe especially coalition, the french will have some advantage here.
On the Italian front, confronted to Archduke Charles i will retreat behind the adige river to draw him toward me if i can and thus preventing him to join the northern forces. If he does i will follow him and join Napo.Image

Beren
Captain

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:41 pm

Where are the national and provincial borders??

position long ago."

- Marshal Ney, 1813

Rafiki

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:43 pm

Feel free to use larger screenshots; it's a bit difficult to see the details on these :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Sol Invictus

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:00 pm

I am really going to love this game! :coeurs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Anguille

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:14 am

Nice.... :cwboy:

Pocus

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:43 am

Beren wrote:Where are the national and provincial borders??

You only get them by applying a filter, on the main map without filter you have a small national flag in each region.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Beren
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:05 am

Thanks ;) . Could you explain what are those green dots in the leaders counter (size like in AACW?), and the number at the right?

position long ago."

- Marshal Ney, 1813

Rafiki

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:56 am

How do you get new forces/reinforcements? Do they just arrive, or can you influence it in any way?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:09 pm

Like BoA the reinforcements arrive in a given turn.

In my game, most of the Austrian forces are in the Ulm area whereas my forces are ready to strike, Mack Believed that only about 70000 french soldiers could be on the Rhine whereas some 200000 are ready to strike.

My move was to reach the southern side of the danube to cut the ennemy loc.
Marmont and Deroy had to go to Ingolstadt, Bernadotte and Davout to Augsbourg, Napo, Soult, Lannes, Bessières to stuttgart, Murat to nördlingen and Ney had a direct approach to fix Mack through the black forrest and stop in Tübingen.
There were some clash against Austrian cavalry éléments won by the french due to their numbers.
Unfortunately, i lost my screen for the move.
In Italy i did the move i planned yesterday.
In the second turn, all french forces adjacent to Ulm, entered Ulm the resulted a great victory putting out of action about 52000 Austrians.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:15 pm

The situation at end of turn 2.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:22 pm

As you can see, there is still some force with mack but he is no longer a problem. Regenburg fall and Munich with a level 4 depot is the next objective.
The 3 white tents are a depot, you can build this type of dépot with your chariot or better for a lower cost using fluvial ships.
On the northern side of the Danube, there is some russian dragoons.

On my next screens there will be some screens that i took sooner and i didn't use JPG but tomorrow all my screens will be better. Thanks.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:25 pm

The italian front. The reserve with¨Parthouneaux is closing and the french forces are behind the adige river.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:28 pm

If Archiduc Charles is crossing toward Plauenza, i will use some force to try cutting his loc by taking Mantoua but the Austrian have numerous forces estimated at 100000 men. The Austrians have always taken the Italian front seriously.

Florent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:34 pm

Yes Beren the green dots have the same utility that BoA and AACW. The number is the number of units. For example in Italy Massena and Gouvion st Cyr are in the same area.

Beren
Captain

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:37 pm

Thanks
Why have you abandoned the best fortress in Europe (mantua) after gibraltar ? :)

position long ago."

- Marshal Ney, 1813

Ashbery76
Sergeant

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:39 pm

Lovely screenshots but is that running at only 11 FPS! What rig are you using?

Return to “Wars of Napoleon AARs”