Darkstar One
Conscript

No way to purchase directly in US $--$61 for BOA2?

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Sorry, but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay $61 for this game.

How about a way to purchase it directly in USD?

AndrewKurtz

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Darkstar One wrote:Sorry, but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay $61 for this game.

How about a way to purchase it directly in USD?

I actually find this kind of stuff amusing. As an American, I understand the pain. But for goodness sakes. We had the benefit of a strong dollar for years. Now maybe we have a better understanding of how painful it was when it was 7 Francs/dollar.

I'm buying tonight and I'll complain to my congressman about the exchange rate. Not AGEOD.

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Agreed. I'm a buyer.

Darkstar One
Conscript

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Sorry, it's ridiculous.

These days it's easy enough to set up something electronically where we can purchase in USD. I'd have no objection to $45...msybe even $50.

But $61 is bat-shit-insane. There is no reason for AgeOD to screw their US customers like this except good old-fashioned greed.

They could set up something for us to pay in USD easily enough.

lodilefty

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:36 pm

I just wish that gasoline were only 150% of prices a year ago.... :fleb:

Euro is strong, dollar is weak, and AGEOD have to feed their families....

Choices to purchase are individual value choices. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Clovis

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Darkstar One wrote:Sorry, it's ridiculous.

These days it's easy enough to set up something electronically where we can purchase in USD. I'd have no objection to $45...msybe even $50.

But $61 is bat-shit-insane. There is no reason for AgeOD to screw their US customers like this except good old-fashioned greed.

One reason: Ageod is based in France. Wages and taxes are in Euros. The choice is clear: either game around 60$ or no more AGEOD.

That's life. Business life. Choice is yours.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

AndrewKurtz

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:41 pm

Darkstar One wrote:Sorry, it's ridiculous.

So if you had put a ton of work into something and had paid for its development in USD, you would discount it 30% for South Americans because their currency isn't strong? You'd take the hit because of their currency issues?

That was a rhetorical question...you wouldn't and, when the dollar was strong, American gaming companies didn't do it to make things easier on our European friends. Funny how we react when the shoe is on the other foot. We're just not used to being on this end of the currency exchange, but I never heard Americans worried about their poor European brotheren when the dollar was strong. We simply enjoyed it.

The greed is on your part for asking someone to take a 30% discount on their earnings because of our weakness. Skip five coffees from Starbucks, apply the savings to game, and you'll effectively have paid the same cash out.

The issue is ours as Americans, not theirs.

Rafiki

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Being a European company, all AGEOD's expenses are paid in Euros. This is why the games prices are set in Euros as well, and the USD price calculated on the basis of current exchange rates. Are you saying that AGEOD should assume responsibility for the world economy by selling the games at a loss?

I can assure you that the last thing AGEOD want is to "screw their American" customers; we are perfectly aware of how the exchange rates affect sales, and if we could change them, we would. :(
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Primasprit

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 pm

Maybe let's wait till the game is released before arguing about prices? :)

Don't forget that as non EU citizen you don't have to pay VAT.

Cheers
Norbert

Rafiki

Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:46 pm

Primasprit wrote:Don't forget that as non EU citizen you don't have to pay VAT.

Which works out perfectly for those with comfortable Euro exchange rates while not being a member of the EU.... :siffle:

;)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Pocus

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Sensitive issue indeed. The price is the same for BOA2 as for NCP as for AACW, 40 euros. Now that it translates to 61$ is not really a thing we can do about, as our cost as not changed and everything is paid in euros, where we are.

Also, do not forget that you don't pay the VAT, as a non european, this is nearly a -20% discount!

So in the end the WIA cost is 49.99 dollars, not 61$

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rafiki

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:05 pm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Site is up
$49.99 USD. Go for it!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

animaluk
Corporal

buy

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:08 pm

do i buy the french version {i am english} or do i have to order the us version

Darkstar One
Conscript

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:09 pm

Thanks--purchased :) .

This is reasonable enough.

Nikel

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:10 pm

There is already a patch!

AndrewKurtz

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 pm

Pocus wrote:Sensitive issue indeed. The price is the same for BOA2 as for NCP as for AACW, 40 euros. Now that it translates to 61$ is not really a thing we can do about, as our cost as not changed and everything is paid in euros, where we are.

Also, do not forget that you don't pay the VAT, as a non european, this is nearly a -20% discount!

So in the end the WIA cost is 49.99 dollars, not 61$

LOL. Then given that fact that DarkOne was OK with $45-50, nothing to complain about and perhaps he can rescind the "greed" accusation. :siffle:

lodilefty

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Nikel wrote:There is already a patch!

Of course! Why wait? :niark:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

MarkShot

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:16 pm

I must be stupid or something, but when I go over to the new Web site and pick the USA version, the price comes up for me as $49.99. I assume that is USD.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:21 pm

I think this conversation is over.

Darkstar One expressed his legitimate concerns as he was entitled to. I will never argue with someone about how he should use the money he earned.

In the end, the fact that US citizens don't pay VAT made the price acceptable for him and, as he had said it, he purchased WIA.

However, don't be mistaken, the strong Euro is hurting both US citizens and AGEod as we are not earning more, we might lose customers, and we lose money on our US retailing contracts... :p leure:

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Thread closed.

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”