John Sedgwick
Colonel

Waiting for confirmation - how long?

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

I just bought a game through the AGEOD US webshop using Visa (want to support the developers as much as I can!). Got to the point where it tells you to wait for confirmation. Well, I've been waiting a couple hours, no confirmation email in my inbox or spam. I know I should probably wait at least 24 (48?) hours before I start complaining, but I am impatient! Just wondering how long I can expect to wait before receiving confirmation? Also, how long before it shows up my credit card balance? Balance on my Visa is still 0.00, I figured it would show up by now - does this mean it hasn't gone through? I'm tempted to try again but I don't want to buy the same product twice by accident.

Thanks in advance for your time, and keep up the good work!

Generalisimo

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:10 pm

John Sedgwick wrote:I just bought a game through the AGEOD US webshop using Visa (want to support the developers as much as I can!). Got to the point where it tells you to wait for confirmation. Well, I've been waiting a couple hours, no confirmation email in my inbox or spam. I know I should probably wait at least 24 (48?) hours before I start complaining, but I am impatient! Just wondering how long I can expect to wait before receiving confirmation? Also, how long before it shows up my credit card balance? Balance on my Visa is still 0.00, I figured it would show up by now - does this mean it hasn't gone through? I'm tempted to try again but I don't want to buy the same product twice by accident.

Thanks in advance for your time, and keep up the good work!

Send a PM to PhilThib so he can get in touch with the guys in charge of the ordering platform. ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:59 pm

All right, thanks, but... if you can answer another question for me, how do I send a private message? The FAQ says I can do it through the User CP, but when I try that, it tells me I don't have permission to access this page. On that note, I can't even edit my profile or do anything else with the control panel for a lack of permission. In the meantime I guess I'll just send him an email, but it'd be nice to know what's going on here. Some sort of forum probationary period?

Gray_Lensman

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:37 am

deleted

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:48 am

Ah, all right. Figured that was the case. It's a shame such measures became necessary, kind of frustrating at first when you don't know why, but I understand. Thanks for the reply - and the opportunity to increase my relevant post count, heh.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Generalissamo: For all the good that will do (contact PhilThib), t

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Well, I got in touch with Phil, transaction didn't go through as suspected (cancelled on my end somehow). Tried again, still nothing. Seems to be a problem on my end - guess I'll have to call my bank/credit card co., use a different card or register a PayPal account =/ Anyway thanks again.

PhilThib

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Yes, usually PayPal works fine. We had sometimes issues with CC if the holder is of a nationality different from where he currently does a purchase (like American card holders purchasing from abroad)

If nothing works, I can also arrange to ship a physical copy by mail

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Okay, thanks Phil. I got my wife to use her PayPal account and got an email within seconds. The only problem is that the email from Nexway is asking me to send them a copy of an ID Card, Drivers License, or Passport of the person who purchased from their online store. I've never encountered this before and it makes me a little uneasy, but I see that someone else posted about this so I guess it's legitimate. I just have one question: the purchase was made from my AGEOD account, but using my wife's PayPal account, so whose ID should I send them? Or will either do? Also, if it's mine they want, I don't drive and my only photo ID is a passport which is out of date - would that pose a problem?

Excuse my (Quebec) French, but... tabarnache, je veux jouer! C'est frustrant mais j'apprécie ton aide, merci d'avance =)

PhilThib

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:22 am

Send your wife ID...I'll send a special note to Nexway to speed up things and force acceptance (all this is because PayPal antifraud system has become more and more rigid lately). :cool:

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Will do. Yes, I thought to save time by using her PayPal rather than register my own account, but it occurred to me shortly thereafter that the discrepancy between her PayPal details and my account on AGEOD was probably what triggered the anti-fraud measures. :/ Oh well.

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Okay, sent the proof of identity. I got an "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message saying the recipient's email was over quota, which worried me, but it must have gone through because I got the invoice and order confirmation a couple minutes later. Downloading now. Huzzah!

Thanks again for all your help. I've never been so annoyed ordering online, but mostly that's out of your control - all in all I'm very impressed with your service. Next time I buy from AGEOD (which I will because I want the developers to get as much from the sale as possible), hopefully it will be a lot more straightforward!

PhilThib

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:29 pm

You welcome...have fun now with the game :cool:

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:36 pm

have fun now with the game

I'm waaay ahead of you there ;)

habakuk
Conscript

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:49 am

I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but on the other hand - I couldn't have written a better headline myself.

Yesterday I ordered WWI Gold online. I used to use Paypal, but this time I didn't find a link to do so. It's been a while since I last ordered from AGEOD so I don't know whether anything changed concerning the shop.

Anyway, I didn't receive a confirmation until now. I don't know how long you usually have to wait befor it is appropriate to ask on the forums - but on the other hand I don't want to wait for days and then find out that the order didn't work out from the beginning ...

Since it was the only option for a non-credit-card-owner I payed via bank-transfer.

Thank you in advance!

PhilThib

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:16 am

Please send me an email to pthibaut@ageod.net with all your details (name, email, date of purchase) so I can check what happened.

Usually, when you get no confirmation while using PayPal, it means your account is not certified and thus the purchase is rejected by the download provider :confused:

habakuk
Conscript

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:34 am

Hey, that was fast, thank you. Sent you an e-mail.

Return to “AGEOD Webshop”