Pocus

Leaders death chance (or lack of ...)

Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:52 am

Starting with VGN or FTG it is possible to change the mortality rate of leaders, both in battle or by sickness/old age (this concept will be mostly used for VGN, spanning 70 years).

In the Models.xls file, add 3 columns:

CombatDeathChance
: The chance /10.000 to be a casualty if engaged into battle, for one round of battle. 100 = 1% chance. Default is 20, i.e this was the previous 'hard coded' value used in all games.

DeathChance: The chance to retire from wordly affair (old age, sickness, whatever) each turn, in 1/10.000. Default is 0. For the test to take place, you must set to 1 the variable ldrDeathBySickness in an option file.

DeathChanceInc is the increase, stored in each leader, to DeathChance, each turn. Default is 5. After 10 years in VGN, you have 1.2% of dying, each turn, but to reach that you passed 240 tests before, so overall you had a much bigger chance of dying, I let you calculate the probabilities ;) . You can anyway put a safeguard by removing a leader by event after a given date.

Big DeathChance: the general is already old. Big DeathChanceInc: the general has a fragile health. Big CombatDeathChance: the leader died historically early (Lyon in AACW).

VGN, FTG: To be included
AACW, WIA: To be included after the release of FTG.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Just trying to learn here. But I take it this is something different than the protection values that are assigned to all models, leaders included.

For instance in BoA, I changed all the protection values for leaders to 0, except Indian leaders which I set to 1.

I don't have any screenies, but one time a sizeable player force of Americans where defeated at Albany. The leaders all got away to Pittsfield (I think), but soon thereafter the British AI laid seige to the town where the American leaders where hiding out.

Eventually the British AI assaulted and killed them all to a man. It was a really macabe scene when the message panel displayed about 6 commanders all killed at once at the same location.

I may have been using BoA 1.13 at the time since I remember the leaders being locked.

Gray_Lensman

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Applicability for AACW:

Are there any event syntax commands available to allow for increasing CombatDeathChance for a particular leader on a certain specified fixed date?

Pocus

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:12 am

Sorry no, not for now at least.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Gray_Lensman

Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Pocus wrote:Sorry no, not for now at least.

That's a shame, it would have been much more useful than DeathChanceInc

example any general with a definite fixed death date could have an associated event that changed this value on that date to give him a significantly higher chance to die from that day forward.

Pocus

Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 am

I'll put that in my to do list.

lodilefty

Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Is there an equivalent moddable parameter for chance of a leader being wounded in Combat? :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:10 pm

From a reliable source ;)

When a Leader's force is entirely destroyed, but Leader not killed:
10% to get wounded for a rank 1, 5% for a rank 2, 0% for a rank 3, duration is 1-6 turns

Not moddable at this time
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Generalisimo

Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Interesting information... thanks! :thumbsup:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Return to “VIP Modding & AGE Engine Novelties forum”