JackoWords
Private

Question about Boxed Version

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:12 am

Has it been announced when the boxed version will be available for pre-order? Although I am eager to play, I also would love a paper manual. ;)

Hell Patrol
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Yes, i'd prefer to pre-order "both" at the same time :innocent: .
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:05 am

For the time being, we have NO boxed version of the game in English. One shall be made, but cannot be released by the factory before end of January 2008.
The French version shall be made available early December.

Of course, the game is available in download for both languages. :indien:

Additional note (Pocus insert): Napoleon patches support English, French and German.

JackoWords
Private

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:26 am

Well, then, digital pre-order it will be. ;)

Sol Invictus

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:51 pm

PhilThib, I had second thoughts last week after I pre-ordered the download and had decided to wait for the boxed copy. I sent two emails to customer service requesting that my download pre-order be cancelled, but I have never gotten a response. I recieved the download email yesterday and went ahead and downloaded the game. Now I am glad that my pre-order wasn't cancelled because there is no way I would have been able to wait until January to grab this jewel. My question is whether there will be some way for the people who have gotten the download to upgrade their version to the boxed copy once it is released? I usually wait for the boxed copy of games and since this game is sure to stay in my inventory of games for a long time, I would really like to have the printed manual and disk. Not a major problem either way, but the ability to upgrade the download to a physical copy would be a nice option. Thanks for this wonderful game. :fleurs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

PhilThib

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:27 pm

We'll do our best to offer the boxed version for sale as soon as we can lay our hands on it...depends mostly on the factory making it for us and some other technical points...but for sure in early 2008 we shall get it...

Now, what I can promise is to find a commercially acceptable solution for all those who'd like to get the boxed version, but this is not so easy for us right now... but as you know, we do our best to support our clients :indien:

Give me a few more days to think it over and try to build an offer :coeurs:

Henry D.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:55 pm

PhilThib wrote:We'll do our best to offer the boxed version for sale as soon as we can lay our hands on it...depends mostly on the factory making it for us and some other technical points...but for sure in early 2008 we shall get it...

Now, what I can promise is to find a commercially acceptable solution for all those who'd like to get the boxed version, but this is not so easy for us right now... but as you know, we do our best to support our clients :indien:

Give me a few more days to think it over and try to build an offer :coeurs:

Ehh, may I add that You forgot to mention that although the first batch of the boxed release will be french only out-of-the-box, a fully supported english and german version of the game will be available with the next patch?

Please tell me You just forgot to mention this, or I shall have another cardiac arrest right here on the spot... :p leure:

Regards, Henry :innocent:
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Sol Invictus

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:01 pm

Thanks for your reply Philippe. I have full confidence that you will arrive at an equitable and saisfactory arrangement for everyone. You guys have never disappointed. After finishing reading the rules and taking a look at the maps, I must say again that I am very glad that my attempt to cancel my download order didn't work. The game looks stunning. :hat:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

animaluk
Corporal

manual

Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi any chance of people who have bought the game being able to buy the manual from yourselves proof of purchase of course.

PhilThib

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:11 pm

We have not printed any manual (yet). The only version that exists in English is the PDF one you get with the game...

animaluk
Corporal

manual

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:21 pm

I mean in the future . i have trouble printing out on my printer, but i love looking through the manual with great games like this and wonderd if in the future we could buy the manual to go with this great game.{ i have looked at the pdf manuel but like i have said do not have a printing unit at this time]

Jayavarman
Lieutenant

Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:44 am

animaluk wrote:I mean in the future . i have trouble printing out on my printer, but i love looking through the manual with great games like this and wonderd if in the future we could buy the manual to go with this great game.{ i have looked at the pdf manuel but like i have said do not have a printing unit at this time]

Is it possible to go to a local printing/office place to print all out in color?
"Sad fragility of human things! What riches and treasures of art will remain forever buried beneath these ruins; how many distinguished men - artists, sovereigns, and warriors - are now forgotten!"

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Bump

I, too, like to have my classic games on disc. Call me old fashioned. Of course, grognards are old fashioned in general....

So if you can make a deal to download now, and ship later, please sign me up.

-D

ird
Sergeant

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Can I just add my agreement to this - I want to buy the game but I really do like to have it on disc with a manual. I think I will succumb and download it within the next week but I'd like to have an option to have a boxed copy as soon as one is available

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Bump?

PhilThib

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:09 pm

I already mentioned earlier the English version of the game in boxed version shall not be available before February 2008.

We do not manufacture the box ourselves (Nobilis, our publisher, does), hence the delay... and the cost. Because when we want those boxes, we have to buy them like a normal 'retailer', not at production cost.

Therefore when the CD boxes are available, they shall be on sale at the same price like the DL, plus postage fees at the expense of the client.

Let's be clear, we just cannot offer DL + CD box for a single (even slightly higher) package price as we would be seriously in the red :p leure:

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”