Durk

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:12 am

I am in a game of "The Spanish Ulcer" which is a real challenge. While I do hope the next AGEOD game is the Napoleonic Wars with a grand campaign of all the Napoleonic Wars, the current game is really nice.

Ebbingford

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:16 am

I have just been having a play of this, it's probably my favourite AGEOD scenario, however flawed. It is still fun to play though. I prefer to play as the Brits, with a little help from the Spanish and Portugese. :D
I find I have to impose a couple of house rules on my self though. Spanish troops are always led by Spanish commanders and I can't move any of the numerous partisan elements that pop up. This makes it a bit more of a challenge. I have never played it against a human though.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Duke76
Corporal

Mon May 12, 2014 4:18 pm

A few days to Matrix/Slitherine and Ageod Press event in Italy... finger crossed for NCP II :D

Person of Interest

Mon May 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Duke76 wrote:A few days to Matrix/Slitherine and Ageod Press event in Italy... finger crossed for NCP II :D

That would indeed be most welcome!

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Wed May 14, 2014 11:15 pm

200th anniversary of Waterloo is 2015.

Person of Interest

Wed May 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Jagger2013 wrote:200th anniversary of Waterloo is 2015.

I'm not that patient.

Durk

Fri May 16, 2014 2:31 am

I have another thought, always messy and dangerous.
For all gamers who are relatively new to the delight of Ageod games, this Napoleon game is a lesson in the history of game design. It actually helps players understand design concepts and evolution of things like the economic side of gaming. It also is one of the best games for focusing upon the idea of a campaign versus a grand campaign. That said, NCP II, it is past time.

Duke76
Corporal

Sat May 17, 2014 9:52 am

Mhh NCP is definitely a good game but I really think Napoleonic era (and his fans :) ) would deserve "at least" the same options and engine improvements as RoP gold :cool:
obviously NPC II would be even better...

marek1978
Colonel

Sat May 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Well i would say that better, more detailed map would be great. I like AJE/BOR one. But i would be really to see number of regions even bigger to allow more maneuver. And region could tend to be more less the same size and shape. It would actually create a platform for games set in different ages and endless development of the new projects. Just a thought...

Duke76
Corporal

Wed May 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Here we are!!!!! (don't know when, probably in 2015 but glad to hear about it finally!)

"Napoleon's campaigns II approche à pas de loup, et Operationnal Art of War 4 est en prévision".

Also glad about TOAW 4 :D

Kensai

Wed May 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Definitely try Napoleon's Campaigns (original). It is one of the few games, as far as I know, that has the "Guard" ability in certain elements (obviously Guard units) implemented which can abstract winning hopeless battles really nicely.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Duke76
Corporal

Wed May 21, 2014 8:39 pm

I've got it and yes, It's very good game but, although I'm a great napoleonic fan, I prefer RoP gold which is more "complete" . As I wrote, a "gold" edition (regional decisions and a couple of fix and updates ) would be welcomed but obviously, a new version with a new engine can be even better :)

BigDuke66
General

Thu May 22, 2014 12:51 am

I really hope to see some official statement about NCP II soon, rumors are fine but they come and go.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

helm123
Private

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Would really liked to have seen something about an upcoming NCP II. Think somewhere else in the forum I called out the old Avalon Hill game War and Peace as a good example of what I'd love to see. Think if we tossed in the following things we would have a winner.

production and research based on the way PON worked.
supply based on CWII mechanics
leaders based on CWII mechanics
map based on NCP but much larger. I get a better feel for the important of river crossings on the NCP map (bridges).
Diplomacy based on PON mechanics
AGEOD and their beautiful artwork that makes up the map and the units/leaders

I'm sure others feel that other AGEOD titles do a better jobs at some of these mechanics and I'd really like to see others ideas.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:25 pm

helm123 wrote:Would really liked to have seen something about an upcoming NCP II. Think somewhere else in the forum I called out the old Avalon Hill game War and Peace as a good example of what I'd love to see. Think if we tossed in the following things we would have a winner.

production and research based on the way PON worked.
supply based on CWII mechanics
leaders based on CWII mechanics
map based on NCP but much larger. I get a better feel for the important of river crossings on the NCP map (bridges).
Diplomacy based on PON mechanics
AGEOD and their beautiful artwork that makes up the map and the units/leaders

I'm sure others feel that other AGEOD titles do a better jobs at some of these mechanics and I'd really like to see others ideas.

I couldn't agree more with all of these things! I would buy it at release! The world needs a better, full-length, realistic, historical Napoleonic GRAND strategy game, and AGEOD should make it. And the potential for expansions would be great. French Revolution, First Coalition, Egypt, Consulate/Second Coalition. And it would be even better if these dates served as starting points for a grand campaign, rather than just stand-alone, shorter prequel scenarios.

Anyway, I'd love it!

MJ

BigDuke66
General

Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 pm

One must always consider that the length and the longer periods of peace give a lot room to alter the course of history so it is surely not easy to simply cover the the complete Napoleonic era as many possible outcomes have to be considered.
But yes it would be great to have such a game.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

ngomaichi
Conscript

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:35 am

NPC is a great game.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Napoleon's Campaigns is only £1.99 on Amazon today. Easily worth it.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”