lodilefty

NCP Patch 1.10b Official Legacy =May 27, 2013

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 pm

This is the legacy patch of the legacy patch!!!. :blink:
Further paches will only be prepared in the event of a r[I]epeatable c[/I]atastrophic failure or something in-game that simply does not function at all.

A special thank you to Bohemond and Franciscis for their intense efforts cleaning up this game for legacy.
Without their effort, it is highly unlikely that anyfixes or improvements would have been made.

ftp://ftp.ageod.com/pub/NCP/Patch_NCP_v1.10b.zip

[font=Arial-BoldMT][font=Arial-BoldMT]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before.[/font][/font]This patch is comprehensive, containing all changes since the original release of NCP
This patch is not compatible with saved games from versions earlier than 1.09 RC1.
In all cases, the Saved Game Folder will be deleted.

• [B]Python script checks run [thank you LaFrite!]
    • Duplicate Aliases resolved in Colors, Fonts, Move Types, Terrains, Sounds, Models, Units
    • Aliases corrected in:
      • Factions
      • Settings file AI.opt
      • Events
        • 1806 Campaign
        • 1808 Campaign
        • 1812 Campaign
        • 1813 Campaign
        • 1814 Campaign
        • 1815 Campaign
        • Prussian Campaign
  • Text
    • Latest LocalStrings_AGE included

[/B][Patch 1.10 = October 28, 2012] for clarity, the 1.10 changes were: [all included in 1.10 as usual]

• Game Engine [updated to version 130227]

• You can now disembark troops from a fleet trapped in ice.
    • Siege improvements [supplementing rules added in version 1.07]

• Besieged forces will now take attrition hits every turn, in proportion of their number and how the siege roll went (anti over-crowding rule).
      • If too many breaches accumulated, then a surrender roll is always possible (whatever the presence of a depot, super elite troops, etc.)
      • Each breach will make the besieged consume an extra 5% of his normal supply usage. The purpose of this rule is that by upping the supply usage, you'll have more chances to have your supply depleted enough so that the depot (or supply wagon) can't provide its 'surrender protection' to the besieged force. For the rationale, just consider that the breaches are also making depots and stocks explode or be wasted, as you get shelled pretty heavily, etc...
      • Fixed a bug where a lone sneaky leader could prevent a siege to happen, even if siege indicator was correctly shown
    • A retreating army can now split static units (abandon them) to escape better
    • If an attack is called off without routing (aka AutoRetreat), the attacking forces will revert to defensive posture but won’t retreat in another region.
    • A too low cohesion can make a stack call off an assault, aggressive leaders will have a tendency to force the troops though.
    • Fixed a bug whereby a unit under siege could always escape from the region using a specific sequence of Movement orders, Passive posture, and Evasive Move Special Order settings
    • Enabled Dynamic Borders to view the boundary between controlled areas. [may affect map scrolling speed] See Main Menu – System
    • Enabled Main Menu option to switch to 120DPI fonts [for higher resolution displays]
    • Added Overcrowding rule:

• The overcrowding rule exists to penalize (rather substantially) forces that are too numerous to defend adequately in-cityscape structures (mostly cities and forts). As with other rules, the engine is not prohibiting in 'a hard way' troops to be stationed en masse in a given structure, as it would pose very large problems to handle for the interface, then the AI. Instead, it follows the philosophy of 'you can do it, but that's not optimal'...
      • See Wiki article [size=84]at: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Overcrowding_Rule[/size]
    • Fixes the “immortal units” bug seen in some combats
    • Fixes the the supply replenishment in siege bug
    • Support units will always be considered having zero in patrol, meaning they don't pin down enemies
    • unit auto upgrade is improved
  • Database changes [thank you Bohemond and Franciscus]

• Several changes made to clean up duplicate Model and Unit Aliases
    • Minor corrections to events in 1806 and 1808 Campaigns
    • Minor changes to 1804 Setup
    • All Setups recompiled for new DB
    • Text strings cleaned and updated.
    • - Spanish campaign (1808):
      - Correction of "Mafra depot" (removal of double Beresford)
      - Correction to Cintra Convention events (Junot's army will be removed even if outside Lisbon; line message when the army returns to Bayonne)
      - Fixed merchants in MTB will never get unsupplied
  • Graphics

• Siege icons repositioned for 442Koln, 470Hannover, 529Wittenburg, 572Kustrin, 563Glogau, 548Torgau, 551Leipzig, 555Dresden, 455Frankfurt, 457Dortmund, 485Wesel, 484Aschaffenburg, 498Wurtzburg
EDIT POCUS: This is the newer new comprehensive patch 1.10b. In yellow the additions compared to latest patch + quickfix. As of now, this patch is the latest and fullest possible for NCP. You don't need anything else.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Important note:

[color="#FF0000"]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION (Nobilis box), if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before. [/color]

Pocus dixit:

Pour ceux qui ont une version boite Nobilis/AGEOD 1.00, avant de patcher le jeu vous devez appliquer dessus un 'super-patch' qui installera une quantité de fichiers ajoutés ou retouchés:

Ce patch porte votre version en 1.01d (poids 201 Mo):

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/lat...dation_NCP.exe

Une fois ceci fait, quand vous patchez le jeu, vous n'avez à rajouter dessus que le dernier patch. Tous les patches d'AGEOD sont complets, il suffit de mettre le dernier, à l'exception du cas ci dessus (acheteur boite 1.00).

----------------------------

Thank you, lodilefty for your incredible work in all the "golden oldies"!

NCP is a great game, that fully deserved this last patch. I hope those who have not tried it yet feel tempted to now.

Hope to see you again in NCP2! ;)

lodilefty

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Updated to patch 1.10a

See post #1: same link, new file :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks for all the hard work. Just got a great points victory against Wellington.

lodilefty

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:08 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon May 27, 2013 9:10 am

Updated from version 1.10a to version 1.10b. This version fixes a problem with Matrix version of NCP (if you had a trouble launching a new game). Also, it aggregates latest patch and latest quickfix.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 pm

HI all

We noticed that the legacy 1.10b patch contains an outdated patch changelog ("NCP updates" pdf file)

For those of you interested in knowing all changes made to this great game since release :wacko: , see the updated, comprehensive file attached here:

Regards
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

VigaBrand

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:42 pm

In the 1813 campagne is general Bulow twice. He commands the III. AK in Berlin and the I. AK in Breslau. I think he has no twin, or?

Franciscus

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:29 am

VigaBrand wrote:In the 1813 campagne is general Bulow twice. He commands the III. AK in Berlin and the I. AK in Breslau. I think he has no twin, or?

You are right, it's a bug, in Breslau it should be von York... :bonk:

Attached a corrected 1813 scenario file. Unzip it in NCP\scens, one file should be overwritten. But for the fix to work a new campaign must be started.

Sorry and regards
Attachments
1813 Campaign.zip
(120.83 KiB) Downloaded 582 times

BigDuke66
General

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:46 am

Just installed the game after a long time and somehow the army outliner is damaged with 1.10b, all I see are the army leader pictures but nothing else.
Didn't anyone else see this???

Anyhow fix is simple, the folder "GraphicsArmy Outliner" as to be moved from the "NCP" into the "graphics" folder.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

BigDuke66
General

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Feedback for the 1813 scenario(in case you want to work on it what seems likely as you fixed the double leader that was reported):
-Check the Kurassiers in Kurassier Korps at Prag, the graphic is too far down.
-Double leader Frimont, 1 star div. leader in Mitte Korps in Klagenfurt & 2 star corps leader in Bayrisches Korps in Passau.
-Double leader Hessen-Homburg, 1 star div. leader in III. Korps in Beroun and 2 star corps leader in Reserve Korps in Prag.
-Double leader Pignateli-Strongolli, leads two divs. in Napoli.
-Unit called Bie Kustrin is in Erfurt, I guess it should be named Bie Erfurt as there is already a Bie Kustrin in the besieged Küstrin fortress.
-When Munich is conquered a second Wrede Korps appears but this time for the Coalition forces this is bad because the Wrede Korps on the French side doesn't disappear. My advise is to delete this event and replace it with an event that let the Bavarians switch sides because of a low National Moral(80) and even that should not happen automatically but with a high probability(75%).
When attacked this event for Bavarian changing sides should be canceled.
-Murat is currently locked in Napoli but should be in Germany as he took at least part in the battles at Dresden and Leipzig.

Bohémond

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:41 am

Thank you for your inputs.

For duplicate leaders if you can give the correct location, it will be helpful.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

BigDuke66
General

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:59 am

Regarding Pignateli-Strongolli:
Well Neapolitian army is a whole mess but I guess they never see combat anyway so take a look at the Nafziger OOB for the army for 15th October 1813 and see what you want to make of it: http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/813JJE.pdf

Regarding Frimont:
I see him in the so called "Army of Inner Austria" OOB, so the position as 1 star div. co seems correct.
As real CO for the so called "Army of the Danube"(that is the Bayrische Korps in Landau) there is a "Heinrich XV. Fürst zu Reuss-Plauen" listed(at http://www.napoleon-series.org) as CO from 07.1813 – 10.1813, Fits with the fact that he signed the "Treaty of Ried" that led the Bavarians switch to the Coalition so you should replace the other Frimont with the 2 star Reuss-Plauen leader(UID 2908).
In case you want to work on that "army", there is also two division called Fresnel, the bigger one should be Trautenberg, for OOB of the army check this: http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/813HFH.pdf

Regarding Hessen-Homburg:
Found an OOB(http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/813HFA.pdf) that fits good to the AGEod setup and there he is corps leader in the Reserve Korps so that one is correct, bad message is that the div. co that replaces the wrong Hessen-Homburg is twice in that OOB so I took another OOB(http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/813HHE.pdf) that is set a bit later and there "(Johann) Gabriel Marquis Chasteler de Courcelles" is the div. leader so I suggest taking him, in the database he has UID 2809.

About Murat, I' not sure if he has a place in this setup, it seems that he always was in control of bigger formations than a single corps, unless the setup is changed to make some armies besides the Grand Armee I guess there is no good place to put him.

Ebbingford

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

I fancied some Napoleonics so went to re-install NCP. I can't download this patch though, the link is broken...
I'm guessing this is the latest version with all quick fixes included?
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Pocus

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:37 pm

We moved the patches:

[h=2]Napoleon’s Campaigns:[/h]http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_NCP_v1.10b.zip

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ebbingford

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Got it thanks.
I went to the patches section of the forum and tried earlier, it didn't work. It does now, senior moment perhaps?
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:38 am

Has anyone encountered a problem with Norton blocking 1.10b. My Norton 360 looks at the file and generates a message that it is unsafe and removes it. If I try and force it through, it quarantines the file. This is the first time I have had this problem. Previous patches for this game and patches for other games download, extract and execute perfectly. Can anyone advise me on this issue?

BigDuke66
General

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 am

I don't have Norton 360 but Norton Internet Security, when Norton does something like that I usually add the folder the patch is in as an exception to the AutoProtect, SONAR and Download Insight configuration ad after installing I remove that exception again.

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:57 am

Thanks for the advice. It is time for a backup anyway, and I will go ahead and perform an overdue backup before I bypass Norton to perform the installation, although I am probably being overly cautious, given the number games who have already installed this patch. Thanks again.

Demicore
Civilian

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi,

The download links are broken.

Cheers.

Bohémond

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Demicore wrote:Hi,

The download links are broken.

Cheers.

Hello,

You can try this ;

http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_NCP_v1.10b.zip
or look at Pocus signature

Regards

Person of Interest

Fri May 02, 2014 4:53 am

Ready to give this another go. Does anyone have a link to the Foundation Patch? Lost my old patched game file when I bought a new computer.

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Thu May 22, 2014 10:13 am

Just a quick newbie question:

I've got the 109a setup file. If I install it + the Matrix 1.10a patch + Quickfix_may2013 (from here: ftp matrixgames com / pub ), do I still need the 1.10b patch? Does 1.10b go beyond 1.10a+Quickfix?

best regards,
f

BigDuke66
General

Thu May 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I would go for 1.10b right away.

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Thu May 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Yeah? Any goodies that are not in 1.10a patch + Quickfix?

BTW, for future, do I need to install 1.10a patch + Quickfix before 1.10b, or can I only install 1.10b?

BigDuke66
General

Thu May 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Check the first post, the new things beyond 1.10a+quickfix are listed in yellow.
And no, you can go for 1.10b right away.

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Thu May 22, 2014 6:07 pm

OK. Thanks a lot :)

Pocus

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm

The link has been updated to the correct one:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_NCP_v1.10b.zip

Goeland
Major

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Franciscus wrote:Important note:

[color="#FF0000"]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION (Nobilis box), if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before. [/color]

Pocus dixit:

Pour ceux qui ont une version boite Nobilis/AGEOD 1.00, avant de patcher le jeu vous devez appliquer dessus un 'super-patch' qui installera une quantité de fichiers ajoutés ou retouchés:

Ce patch porte votre version en 1.01d (poids 201 Mo):

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/lat...dation_NCP.exe

Une fois ceci fait, quand vous patchez le jeu, vous n'avez à rajouter dessus que le dernier patch. Tous les patches d'AGEOD sont complets, il suffit de mettre le dernier, à l'exception du cas ci dessus (acheteur boite 1.00).

=

Good evening,
I am in this case (Nobilis 1.00) but the link given here doesn't work.
May I have this special patch somewhere else ?

Thank you.

F.
L'Intelligence Artificielle n'est rien à côté de la Connerie Naturelle...

Bohémond

Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm

The patch is quite big (200 Mo).
I will post a link for you in a few minutes.

Regards

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”