Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Days per turn ?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm sorry, if this was answered before.
Since I own the game, I am curious about how many days does a single turn actually last ?

I know that a turn represents one week and that the manual says 7 days/1 week. But the date in the upper right corner says something different :blink:
1st week: 1-7 = 7 days
2nd week: 8-15 = 8 days
3rd week: 16-21 = 6 days (?!?)
4th week: 22-30/31 = 9/10 days (?!?)

So, is the date in the upper left corner just "chrome" and doesn't represent the actual "week-length" ?
If yes, why does it has this confusing behavior ?

Has every week the same length (7 days) ?
If not, does this have an impact to my strategy ? Let's say, the best time to move is the 4th week since it has the most days ?

Nevertheless I like the turns they are :w00t:

Thanks in advance,
Bernadotte

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

South of Munich

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Bernadotte,
So where south of Munich do you live? I lived in Oberammergau as a young teen back in the early to mid 60's when my Dad was stationed there. Beautiful area and a great place to grow up for a few years as a kid with mountains in the front and back yards. My favorite area in Napoleon's Campaigns is the Oberammergau region :coeurs: since I lived there and have good memories of it. I also lived in Ansbach as a baby but don't remember that.

I'll check out the date snafu that you mentioned. Still the game uses a standard 7 day week to process as if you watch the turn processing it always says 7/7 days. I would ignore the date snafu though it would be nice if it showed the date correctly from turn to turn.

Pocus

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:15 pm

It is a cosmetic thing indeed, what you see in the top calendar. What is important to know, game wise, is that there are 4 turns of 7 days per month.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Omnius wrote:Bernadotte,
So where south of Munich do you live? I lived in Oberammergau as a young teen back in the early to mid 60's when my Dad was stationed there. Beautiful area and a great place to grow up for a few years as a kid with mountains in the front and back yards. My favorite area in Napoleon's Campaigns is the Oberammergau region :coeurs: since I lived there and have good memories of it. I also lived in Ansbach as a baby but don't remember that.
Great that you had a good time in good old germany / europe :thumbsup:
I live in Uffing which is on the northshore of the Staffelsee. Approx. 15km "air-line" (north-east) of Oberammergau, but was born in Freiburg / Baden (also on the NCP-Map).

Omnius wrote:I'll check out the date snafu that you mentioned. Still the game uses a standard 7 day week to process as if you watch the turn processing it always says 7/7 days. I would ignore the date snafu though it would be nice if it showed the date correctly from turn to turn.
Damn yes, I forgot the 7/7 days processing message. That clarifies, thanks.
I always ignored the snafu (great acronym BTW :D ) date. I'm just curious because of the strange dates (16-21 and 22-31 !)

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Pocus wrote:It is a cosmetic thing indeed, what you see in the top calendar. What is important to know, game wise, is that there are 4 turns of 7 days per month.
Allright, thank you very much Pocus.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”