Chadbarmy
Civilian

Window cannot find 'AGEsetting.exe'

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Can anyone help.......I am not particularly good with PC's and cannot for the life of me figure out why this game will not run.

I recently bought NPC and I had issues installing.......I managed to install but cannot get passed the opening screen.

The message says - Windows cannot find 'AGEsettings.exe' Make sure you type the name correctly and then try again.

I am on a vista 32 bit system

Cheers jules

Gray_Lensman

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:50 am

deleted

NefariousKoel
Captain

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Uninstall it then try Rt.-Clicking the install file and choosing "Run as Administrator".

After you get it installed, Rt.-Click the shortcut, select Properties, select Compatibility tab, check the box at bottom labelled "Run this program as an administrator". I also check the "Disable Desktop Composition" box so it turns Windows Aero off when I play a game and back on when I shut it down.

I have UAC disabled but this should do the trick without shutting it down. I still do it with all my game installs just to be sure. :thumbsup:

richard_sharpe
Civilian

Sun May 02, 2010 2:07 am

I had the same issue.

I installed it in a new directory. I noticed that my McAffee anti virus quarantine a file called artemis(then some numbers) as a virus. I uninstalled, then reinstalled after turning Mcaffee off and the installation was a success.

Previously, I was getting the AGESettings.exe error, but the issue was fixed when I turned McAffee off.

Maybe the error has something to do with the anti virus not liking the exe file?

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”