Daendels
Conscript

Clumsy with Units

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Guys,
New kid on the block, so I have some questions.
1. When I split up a division, and send a brigade in the field, f.e. to scout. How can I attach them again to the division. Any division?
2.Why can't I attach supply carts to a division in the Unit Control Panel?
3. When I have several 'splitted', smaller units in the field. How can I unify those to a new division or even corps?

Many thanks and greets,
Hugo

arsan

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi Hugo!
Welcome to the forums! :)
It seems you haven't still get hold of the division formation process and how to work with stacks dragging them aroudn or meging them draggin one on top of another or better still, using the tabs over the unit display.

My best recommendation woudl be to do again the tutorials very carefully. They explain the process step by step, better than i could ;)

Its very important to you to get the difference between, units, divisions (a special kind of units composed of smaller units) and stacks, which are the playing pieces you move on the map and that are composed of units/divisions.
Once you get this straight, all will make sense :thumbsup:

Also i recommend you to take a look at this excellent forum tutorial :coeurs: :coeurs:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7475
It offers you great tips on how to organize your forces aroudn for best effect.

Cheers
PS: you don't really want to put wagons on divisions. Its better to use only combat troops on divisions and put the wagons on the same stack that the divisions, but not inside them.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”