vcczar
Private

An idea for a future Napoleon game

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 am

I've been reading numerous books about the Napoleonic era lately and I've been thinking that it would be fun to add more diplomacy and political administration to a game like Napoleon's Campaigns. Certain ambassadors, Talleyrand or Metternich or even Joseph Bonaparte, would have specific abilities similar to the way the officers do in the game.

Many events occur in the game and we are given a nice newspaper clipping of what happened, but it would be great if the player could make that happen. Also placing cabinet members and local governments, etc, would give a deeper Napoleonic experience.

In addition, if one was a member of the coalition, your job would be to implement the reforms necessary to defeat Napoleon and work with uncompromising and flaky allies. Of course, reform would not always be popular with ministers, the army, or the people.

Also adding finance, etc, would make the game a fuller experience.

In all, I'm not saying to add this to the current game, I feel it would be for a different game, and I would hope that AGEod would consider something like that in the future. I envision something similar between this game and Europa Universalis III, but even fuller.

But then again, micromanaging in games is never a problem for me, I tend to favor them.

I would like to hear feedback.
(on a side note, what about an AGEof Thirty Years' War game?)

PhilThib

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:10 pm

All the above will be in our VGN game...which is the pre-requirement before producing a Napoleon II game with your ideas ;) :thumbsup:

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:58 am

VNG game? what is that, sorry not to be up to date, but i'm looking forward to new AGEOD games, hum hum a thirty years war game would be nice hum hum :innocent:
Vous aimez ma moustache? Je lui ai donné 10 ans de ma vie. :D

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rafiki

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:28 am

Gen.Montcalm wrote:VNG game? what is that

AGEOD's upcoming game "Vainglory of Nations". You can find find further info and discussions about it at http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2566 :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Gen.Montcalm
Lieutenant

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:17 am

Wow thank you, game seems nice.
Vous aimez ma moustache? Je lui ai donné 10 ans de ma vie. :D

Vive le Québec libre!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ExtraCrispy
Civilian

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 am

What I'd like to see in a sequel is making the game easier for casual gamers.

Gray_Lensman

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:35 am

deleted

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”