Pocus

New Patch for Napoleon's Campaigns - version 1.05a

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:49 pm

[font="]==============================================================================[/font]
[font="]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before. [/font]
[font="]==============================================================================[/font]

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/NCP_Patch.zip

[font="]Napoleon's Campaigns Patch 1.05a / November 10, 2008[/font]
[font="]Bugs[/font]
[font="]- fixed: A bug when a leader was promoted, then removed from his stack.[/font]
[font="]- fixed: Leaders above 3 in rating would get a far too big bonus for the Army Rout check at the end of combat, resulting in fanatical armies.[/font]
[font="]- fixed: A (rare) crash could occurs when you detached a corps from an army.[/font]
[font="]- fixed a loophole about generals & charges. If a general is removed from command and is named to another army, he will only protest if the new army is weaker and if the other general (in charge of his previous army) has less seniority. Before, the power of the 2 armies where not checked.[/font]
[font="]- fixed an issue in the Swap general order.[/font]
[font="]- A rare bug when adding back to a fleet some troops has been fixed.[/font]
[font="]- Fixed an old interface bug when a unit was removed from a stack.[/font]

[font="]Database[/font]
[font="]- Some leaders’ values tweaked. New consistency pass done on the database.[/font]

[font="]Graphics[/font]
[font="]- 120 new leader portraits by Nikel. Much thanks to him![/font]

[font="]Scenarios[/font]
[font="]1813: [/font]
[font="]- Sudden Death Rule enabled.[/font]
[font="]- Added a numerical index for units sharing a common name: 1/Brigade von Stockmayer, 2/Brigade von Stockmayer.[/font]
[font="]- Some typos fixed.[/font]
[font="]- Duplicate units removed.[/font]
[font="]- Saxon Betrayal event fixed.[/font]
[font="]- 2 historical options fixed.[/font]

[font="]1812: [/font]
[font="]- Sudden Death Rule enabled.[/font]
[font="]- 1 historical option fixed.[/font]
[font="]Thanks to JastaV for his help![/font]
[font="]Modding[/font]
[font="]- CmdAdjust Abilities can be limited to Army Commander (Param4) or Corps Commander (Param5)[/font]
[font="]- New command ChgStrucLevel, see modding forum.[/font]

[font="]Interface[/font]
[font="]- You can alt-click on a force tab to rename it. Armies can't be renamed though.[/font]
[font="]- Fixed an issue with the Resume game button (shortkey: R).[/font]
[font="]- New sentry orders: [/font]
[font="]<SPACE>: In sentry for one turn. [/font]
[font="]<CTRL><SPACE>: In sentry until 90% healed.[/font]
[font="]Reminder:>[/font]
[font="]<S>: Permanent Sentry (until moving or attacked) (hit again <S> or <SPACE to remove the sentry state)[/font]
[font="]<CTRL><S>: Remove all Sentries on map.[/font]

[font="]Sentry order is useful when you browse your units with the keys E,R,T,Y (with shift as an option)[/font]

[font="]- <SHIFT><C>: Center on the destination of the unit.[/font]
[font="]Reminder: <C>: Center on the current region of the unit.[/font]

[font="]- CTRL-F allows you to search for a specific region.[/font]

[font="]- Options are not limited to 6 per category now, arrows will appears.[/font]

[font="] ---------------[/font]

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

arsan

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:14 am

Hi!

I see the display issues i reported here
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=110263&postcount=18
Are both fixed! Thanks! :thumbsup:
And also, lots of thanks to JastaV and Nikel for his work and additions to the game! :coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs:
Regards

Nikel

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:29 am

Thanks Pocus, working fine here :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words arsan :love:

Pocus

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 am

great!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 am

New patch downloaded.
Installation will take me some time..... I'm in the worry to loose essential work in progress files I'm working on! :blink:

I'll go after ChangeStructure new command as first thing to test!
Ney: The army will not move!
Napoleon: The army will obey me!
Ney: The army will obey to its Generals’ orders!

[SIZE="1"]Fontainebleau, April 1814[/size]

Nikel

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Yep, military options pictures are moved now out of the pages in the ledger, but of course your files were overwritten ;)

Let's hope that your new files can get official status in the future

We are in the huge ocean of WWI now that surrounds the great AACW sea, that surrounds our tiny island. I hope that after all the work done, at least one person will play your 1813 GC :wacko: Getting into PW campaign is frightening :blink:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Nikel wrote:Yep, military options pictures are moved now out of the pages in the ledger, but of course your files were overwritten ;)

Let's hope that your new files can get official status in the future

We are in the huge ocean of WWI now that surrounds the great AACW sea, that surrounds our tiny island. I hope that after all the work done, at least one person will play your 1813 GC :wacko: Getting into PW campaign is frightening :blink:

Out of historians and war gamers community, few ones know Lee, Grant, Sherman,.... even less ones know Foch, Diaz, Samsonov, Hindenburg, Joffre, Cadorna, Hotzendorf.
......But is there one who does not know Napoleon? :w00t:

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Pocus wrote:[font="]==============================================================================[/font]
[font="]THIS PATCH DOES NOT WORK FOR THE 1.00 VERSION, if you have not installed the Foundation Patch before. [/font]

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/NCP_Patch.zip

First NCP installation patched........... I'll take some times to update all the duplicate installations I have spawned ovet my 3 PCs! :cool:

Thanks to Pocus for quoting my little support and thank to arsan for kind words..........

To Pocus: No need to update the NCP DB this time?

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Nikel wrote:We are in the huge ocean of WWI now that surrounds the great AACW sea, that surrounds our tiny island. I hope that after all the work done, at least one person will play your 1813 GC...

I've recently purchased NCP and discovered your "tiny island". In the months ahead, you can be sure I'll be playing some of your scenarios, and possibly even providing modding/testing support also.
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

Nikel

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:40 pm

I meant that for whatever reason, NCP players seem to be a rara avis, at least the ones posting in the forum.

And that so, modding NCP can be somewhat frustrating. Fortunately the main modder is jastaV (he is who is working on the scenarios I just help him with some pictures and data), and he is very hard skinned :wacko: :niark:

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Nikel wrote:I meant that for whatever reason, NCP players seem to be a rara avis, at least the ones posting in the forum.

berto wrote:In the months ahead, you can be sure I'll be playing some of your scenarios, and possibly even providing modding/testing support also.

... and posting in the forum, too! ;)

Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org

PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org

AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:21 pm

to Berto:
Your support as an experieneced AACW beta tester will be very important and apreciated,.... as posting!

to Nikel:
Yu did not provided some graphic support: you are providing tons of graphic improvements...... the mess of time I have to dedicate to collect and order them, with hope to not miss any beeing best proof! :mdr:
Attachments
wood_xXfff.jpg

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:02 pm

There's something sticky in NCP edit mode I cannot understand!

At moment I'm getting this error notification:

Unknown keyword at line 0 HistOptions08.sct

That although everything seems to be okay in HistOptions08.sct, and even after I have restored the original files from default installation.

I already experienced that stickiness with event notifications in the past, even after I had changed events related commands... it seems like something was kept in Ram memory when inizializing the game rather than abstracted from game files!

Pocus

Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:02 pm

can you post the first line of HistOptions08.sct?

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Pocus wrote:can you post the first line of HistOptions08.sct?

No need to post!
It's the last patch version one: I did not changed HistOptions08.sct, I was just modding and testing the event sheet from Peninsular War scenario to ar regard ChangeStrucLevel!!!!!

BTW, out of two duplicate, clone NCP installations perfectely equivalent, I have the first one properly working, the second one bugged with HistOptions08.sct notification and Mil. Option pages blank!
BTW, I e-mailed you some files from the Save folder: I suspect there's some stickiness when enabling NCP editing mode!

[color="Blue"]To bypass the trouble, I cancelled the troublesome installation and replicated it ex-novo from the other installation copy!

BTW, I also excluded NCP from AVG antivisur scanning: I know something antivirus can interfer with running programs.

I'll report troubles should I meet them again: it's important to be sure we have not skicky troubles with memory cache or other related to Editing Mode, or we could not trust test evidences!
[/color]

arsan

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi

Taking a look at the 1809 campaign "Thunder at the Danube" i found some strange things

1- The huge french Genie (engineers) units (10.000 men strong :blink :) reported and fixed this summer on the Peninsular Campaign and 1805 campaign are back (or never were fixed on the 1809 scen :bonk :) . On turn one there are like 10 units like this on map.

2- A few enemy stacks on map show a graphic glitch i've never seen before. The little panel under the soldier figure (where the dots are) is transparent. It seem to happen only on some small militia/irregular kind on units :bonk:
Screen attached below.

3- The French Dalmatia Army (under Marmont and stationed on... dalmatia ;) has all his corps spread over Europe: Warsaw, Hannover, Frankfort...) all 1.000 km plus away.
Is this intended/historical?? :confused:

Cheers!
Attachments
graphic stand glitch.jpg

FM WarB
Colonel

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:42 am

And try moving Erzherzog Johann's forces stuck in the Alps. They are positioned ahistorically.
I am growing disillusioned with this game, which certainly does not seem to have the support of others in the Ageod stable.
There has never been an answer to my, and others' conserns about the 1812 Russia scenario. The Spanish Ulcer scenario is still a mess.
Thanks to jasta5 for his work on other scenarios.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:40 am

FM WarB wrote:And try moving Erzherzog Johann's forces stuck in the Alps. They are positioned ahistorically.
I am growing disillusioned with this game, which certainly does not seem to have the support of others in the Ageod stable.
There has never been an answer to my, and others' conserns about the 1812 Russia scenario. The Spanish Ulcer scenario is still a mess.
Thanks to jasta5 for his work on other scenarios.

Please report Spanish Ulcer scenario issues here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11184
That will help fixing in next time!

Pocus is constantly on watch over NCP: he's greately supporting 3rd party improvements, and default installation fixes attempts!

dakoblue
Conscript

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:11 pm

I just ordered the game
What should I do to install the patches in the right order?
The game in the box version will come updated by some patch or not?
what means foundation patch?

rgds

Franciscus

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Hello dakoblue and welcome.

In this as in other AGEod games the patches are all-inclusive - meaning, you just have to apply the latest one and do not worry about the previous ones. The foundation patch should be applied before any other patch, however, but ONLY if your game version is 1.00

dakoblue
Conscript

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Franciscus wrote:Hello dakoblue and welcome.

In this as in other AGEod games the patches are all-inclusive - meaning, you just have to apply the latest one and do not worry about the previous ones. The foundation patch should be applied before any other patch, however, but ONLY if your game version is 1.00

thx for quick reply
so ...the last one like 1.05a fixes all the bugs found ? don't install previous patches ?
where I will find the foundation patch (and what is this?) ?The game in box will come in version 1.00?

Franciscus

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Yes, the last patch will have all the fixes. No need to apply the previous ones.
I do not know really what number is the box version, maybe some one else can help (or you can just wait ;) ). And I do not remember also where is the foundation patch, but I think that it was only needed for the original french box version ?

Regards

arsan

Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Franciscus wrote: but I think that it was only needed for the original french box version ?

Yes, thast what i think alos. Only the retail Nobilis French version would need teh foundation patch-
Is that what you have bought dakoblue?
To be sure, install the game and before patching it, launch the game. On the loading game screen, on the bottom right corner you will see the game version you have.
Only if it says 1.00 you will need teh foundation patch.
Regards

dakoblue
Conscript

Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:46 pm

arsan wrote:Yes, thast what i think alos. Only the retail Nobilis French version would need teh foundation patch-
Is that what you have bought dakoblue?
To be sure, install the game and before patching it, launch the game. On the loading game screen, on the bottom right corner you will see the game version you have.
Only if it says 1.00 you will need teh foundation patch.
Regards

hi

I just ordered :) from official page ageod ,waiting for mail .
http://shopus.ageod.com/game-description-Les_Campagnes_de_Napoleon_-659240.html

did somebody buy the same way?
what you got in the box?

My experience tells me it will come in basic version 1.00
so...in this case I need teh foundation patch.Is it available to download here on forum?

Pocus

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:28 pm

I don't think you'll get 1.00 if you buy from download. if yes, then here is the link to the special patch:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/PatchFondation_NCP.exe

As for the follow-up. Yes we do follow-up NCP, but for historical inaccuracies, the studio has to count on volunteers mostly to help us fixing the problems. JastaV, Nikel and a few others are improving the game in this respect, but admittedly, there is a kind of vicious circle here: the volunteers are few, so the game is not seen as polished as say AACW, and so less players get it and in the end we get less volunteers :)

On the other hand, AACW enjoy a kind of virtuous circle: many people interested, so many volunteers, so an always improved game, leading to even more volunteers.

For the rest, I'm always there to fix crashes, rest assured. I'm not a Napoleon historical buff, and I would not have the time anyway to fix OOB.

dakoblue
Conscript

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Pocus wrote:I don't think you'll get 1.00 if you buy from download. if yes, then here is the link to the special patch:

As for the follow-up. Yes we do follow-up NCP, but for historical inaccuracies, the studio has to count on volunteers mostly to help us fixing the problems. JastaV, Nikel and a few others are improving the game in this respect, but admittedly, there is a kind of vicious circle here: the volunteers are few, so the game is not seen as polished as say AACW, and so less players get it and in the end we get less volunteers :)

On the other hand, AACW enjoy a kind of virtuous circle: many people interested, so many volunteers, so an always improved game, leading to even more volunteers.

For the rest, I'm always there to fix crashes, rest assured. I'm not a Napoleon historical buff, and I would not have the time anyway to fix OOB.

no,no download
by mail means game on DVD/CD in the box ;)

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:35 pm

dakoblue wrote:no,no download
by mail means game on DVD/CD in the box ;)

You'll probably get a medium updated version, (1.02x) so!
Last patch, (1.05a) will work to get it updated and upgraded!

My welcome to NCP world and related community.

JastaV

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:56 pm

My boxed version of NCP arrived late last week. Although I don't recall exactly what version it defaulted to, it was definitely later than 1.00. So, after installing from DVD, I patched directly to 1.05a (no foundation patch). Everything runs fine.

dakoblue
Conscript

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:56 pm

Thank you guys :thumbsup:

Still looking for good game about napoleonic wars
Last game I played was Waterloo-Napoleon's last battle.I had mixed immpressions.
I hope this one bring more fun

dakoblue
Conscript

Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:30 am

Pocus wrote:I don't think you'll get 1.00 if you buy from download. if yes, then here is the link to the special patch:

It is interesting
how about statistics : how many copies sold and how many players you estimate?
There is very strong forum in Poland dealing with everything about Napoleon grouping hundreds of participants.I will ask if they have experience with this game

rgds
d.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”