Dog_date
Conscript

Command point breakdown

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:40 am

Playing my first game the other night, I was trying to work out how a force's command points where being calculated.

Is there someway of getting a more indepth breakdown of how command points have been calculated? I'm thinking of a tooltip, soemthing like

1 x 3 Star leaders: 9 points
2 x 2 Star leaders: 6 points
Leader Command capped: at 12
Following modifiers apply
Lunatic Commander -2
Within range of Army + 3

Total 13 points

This would be useful when contemplating moving forces around, and helping new players to understand the game.

I'm also not sure when the modifers are caclulated. Leaders can only contribute a max of 12 points. Say you had a 9 point leader, who had a 50% CP bonus. Would he still be capped at 12 points, or would he be calculated at 13 (or 14).

Is there a more indepth discussion of these issues somewhere, I noticed a BOA thread that went into detail on the mechanics on that game.

kierun
Conscript

Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:42 am

Yes, that would be great. Sadly, I have not played as much NC as I wanted -- still addicted to EU3 -- but a tooltip detailing how things were calculated would help a lot.

First impressions of the game: Wow. Nice work combining a simple interface and a complex game.
[SIZE="1"]Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum cum superiorum aetate contexitur? [color="Indigo"]Marcus Tillius Cicero[/color][/size]

Primasprit

Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 am

Dog_date wrote:I'm also not sure when the modifers are caclulated. Leaders can only contribute a max of 12 points. Say you had a 9 point leader, who had a 50% CP bonus. Would he still be capped at 12 points, or would he be calculated at 13 (or 14).

IIRC leader traits are applied after the cap and thus can extend the limit.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”