Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Any tips for invading Britain?

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:46 am

Hi is there any tips for for winning the invasion of Britain scenario?

Durk

Re: Any tips for invading Britain?

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:58 am

The answer does depend a bit upon which scenario start you are using. The Jan 1805 start has a very different play than the Sealion July 1805 start, but in general, take a major port for supply, then take London.
The naval invasion is not too tough, but taking London is really a challenge.

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:22 am

Durk wrote:The answer does depend a bit upon which scenario start you are using. The Jan 1805 start has a very different play than the Sealion July 1805 start, but in general, take a major port for supply, then take London.
The naval invasion is not too tough, but taking London is really a challenge.

Like last year during the Matrix sale picked up a bunch of AGEOD titles and once again am needing to relearn the games. I picked up Espana '36, Napoleons Campaigns, and Revolution under siege. Might also get Rise of Prussia. I believe it is the Jan 1805 start due to the horrible weather. Sea transport is just moving a stack onto transports correct? Thats what I did so far. Transported a Corps and landed at Dover. Is it better to try and fight the British navy first? Or just to land troops and hope for the best? Also Durk thanks for taking the time answer posts in these forums its great that someone is looking out for us on here :cool:

Durk

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:15 am

You have made a host of great new purchases. All excellent games.
The 1805 early start is a tough go, but yes, land quickly and head for London once you secure a port. Avoid the British navy if you can.

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”