Guru80
Colonel

Changing Army name during game play and Army Commander?

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:40 am

Just to add a little authenticity to my Peninsula Campaign on the turn that March 14th takes place I want to change the CSA Army to the Army of Northern Virginia.

To take it one step further I would like to add an event if possible that for every battle that Johnston is involved in he has the chance of being removed and Lee put in his place.

I currently have the campaign running from March 1st, 1862 to August 30th, 1862.

I am just now digging into it to see what I can come up with to add these small, final touches to my campaigns before I release the package of them. Anyone know if it is possible to do the above? Not asking for someone to write the event out just if it is possible to do all of it. Heading to bed and I will check in here in the morning, if nobody knows I will find out early tomorrow :nuts:

Pocus

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:44 am

You can add new army names by editing the CSA faction, there is an entry for army names.
You can remove a particular subunit by using the couple SelectUnqSubUnit / RemoveCuSubUnit

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

McNaughton

Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:09 pm

There is no 'code' to determine if a general has ever, let alone recently, participated in battle.

What I did, was create a random event from X period to Y period for Johnston (for the AI) which represented him being wounded (not necessarily in battle) and removed, with Lee replacing him (via event). I have a series of AI events, such as replacing Beauregard with Johnston then with Lee (changing the name of the Army from the Army of the Potomac, to the Army of Northern Virginia for Johnston).

When I am at home I can post the events here so you can see what you can do. However, they are AI sprecific (as I perfer to let the player determine who commands what and where).

There is a way to track down a specific unit (i.e., find the stack where Johnston is at) to add a new unit and HQ (I usually add the HQ already attached to the leader, meaning that the old leader must be deleted as well) then delete the old HQ (you can surgically remove an element from a larger unit, such as remove the HQ, but keep the leader).

As Pocus says...

SelectUnqSubUnit - this selects a specific model by name (i.e., Army of the Potomac)

RemoveCuSubUnit - This then deletes the specific model found (i.e., will delete just the Army of the Potomac, not the leader it is attached to).

Gray_Lensman

Sun May 24, 2009 9:22 pm

deleted

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”