pgr
General of the Army

global production bonus or penalty event?

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:20 am

I was wondering if there was an event command for giving a faction a global production bonus or malus. I am aware of ChangeAssetsProd which changes production of specific assets by an integer value in a specific region. Is there a command to give a global 50% boost or reduction to a faction's production across the board? (I'm afraid there isn't, but I figured I would ask.

Bohémond

Re: global production bonus or penalty event?

Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:15 am

You can set up a work around with faction modifer (FacMods variables in Aliases ) and build a fmd (See GameData).
Looks like the below can do the job

$fmdPercStrucOutputEff= 79 // Relative modifier (in % of final value) to Structure Output efficiency (base 100, positive is good) (has scope)

Regards

pgr
General of the Army

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:43 pm

Bohémond wrote:You can set up a work around with faction modifer (FacMods variables in Aliases ) and build a fmd (See GameData).
Looks like the below can do the job

$fmdPercStrucOutputEff= 79 // Relative modifier (in % of final value) to Structure Output efficiency (base 100, positive is good) (has scope)
Regards

That sounds like what I am looking for. I take it that I should write it as an event, or into the Scen file? Something like this if I want it to apply to all factions?

SelectFaction = CMN
Actions
$fmdPercStrucOutputEff = 50

or am I building a fmd file, that then has to be activated by an event?

Thanks for the help!

Bohémond

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:11 pm

From $fmdPercStrucOutputEff, you will have to build a fac mod, let's call it Production bonus

You can use 0-Test_EndureAndFight, in GameData, as a template.

Once created, you will have to create an event to apply it to a faction using the AddFacModifiers ScriptCommand as below

SelectFaction = AUS
AddFacModifiers = $FM_MarchToTheSoundsOfGuns

Regards

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”