Jagger
AGEod Grognard

CSV Splitter and Terrain Spreadsheet

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 pm

I have attempted to use the CSV splitter to create the terrain files from the terrain spreadsheet.

I made my changes on the terrain XLS spreadsheet. Then I saved as a CSV file with the semi-colon and blank modifiers. Then I go to the terrain section of the CSV splitter, select the saved CSV file and attempt to create the individual terrain data files.

I get the following error message: Indice de liste hors limit (73).

Any idea what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to get the splitter to work properly?

PhilThib

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am

You have to save EACH separate thumbnail of the Terrain.xls spreadsheet into a single individual CSV file (using the save as function of excel, and chose csv format), then export it with the csv splitter utility, it should work fine...

If not, send me the xls and I'll see what can be done :bonk:

Pocus

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:18 am

Use the one in the AACW DB it is up to date, perhaps it comes from that.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jagger
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:07 am

Pocus wrote:Use the one in the AACW DB it is up to date, perhaps it comes from that.

Yes, it does work with the AACW DB but not the BOA terrain database. There are two additional data lines in the AACW that are not in BOA-light cavalry and coastal waters. So I copied the BOA modified terrain into AACW, then added the two lines for each terrain type. Then saved in CSV and used the splitter. Then I removed the two extra lines from each terrain file.

It works..awkwardly. But better than manually entering each change into each terrain file.

Thanks!

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”