wiltaz
Corporal

Meaning/use of model values

Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:23 pm

I have a question about some of the values in the model file. Most are self explainitory. Others I can't find anything on them. The BoA modding handbook has a section for units, but it is unfinished.

CohMove - the lower the number the more cohesion is lost when moving???

Weight - I know what weight is but related to this where is it defined the capacity of the ships, rail and river transport? Is it hardcoded?

ProgRate???

SupHitPen, SupMovePen, and SupCbtPen - Penalities for each category when out of supply?

BuildRate - is this in days?

When you design a scenario and create units that contain various models like brigades, can you specify their starting strength to something other than full strength? For example I want the unit to contain regiments that have a established strength of 1000 men and I can do that in the model. But the unit that uses this model I want to start the scenario at say 75%...

Primasprit

Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi wiltaz!

wiltaz wrote:CohMove - the lower the number the more cohesion is lost when moving???

Yes. This value divided by 100 is the cohesion lost per day.

wiltaz wrote:Weight - I know what weight is but related to this where is it defined the capacity of the ships, rail and river transport? Is it hardcoded?

You can mod this. To transport something is an 'Ability'. You can create a new ability with a custom transport capacity for your units if you like.
The abilities are saved in [font="Courier New"]...AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\GameData\Abilities\[/font]
The corresponding DB-file is [font="Courier New"]AACW_DB_Ability_list08.xls[/font]

wiltaz wrote:ProgRate???

Influences the gain of experience from fights.

wiltaz wrote:SupHitPen, SupMovePen, and SupCbtPen - Penalities for each category when out of supply?

Yes.

wiltaz wrote:BuildRate - is this in days?

It is a relative rating. The smaller the value the longer it takes to build the unit.

wiltaz wrote:When you design a scenario and create units that contain various models like brigades, can you specify their starting strength to something other than full strength? For example I want the unit to contain regiments that have a established strength of 1000 men and I can do that in the model. But the unit that uses this model I want to start the scenario at say 75%...

You can change the health of units in the scenario setup using the SetHealth command. I can't say at the moment how to change the health of a single element in a unit, I will check that.

wiltaz
Corporal

Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:22 pm

A million thanks

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”