lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Trouble Regenerating Scenario

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi all:

Been trying to regenerate a scenario for PON to incorporate a couple of minor changes. In the past, when needing to do so, all I'd have to do was to delete the specific .scn file from the 'Scens' folder, then hit F9 once the game started loading, and it would bring up the editor with the recompiled scenario, I could save it and all was fine.

Now, following those same steps, I cannot get the game to bring up the editor screen. It simply goes right into the main menu and never loads the scenario. The editor screen doesn't show and the scenario isn't present when trying to start a new game.

To be clear, I simply changed the values in a couple includes files, nothing else.

All the needed files for scenario compilation are present, and haven't even been changed. Script1850GRC.ini is in the scripts folder, the 1850 GC.sct is still in the events folder, all needed includes are present, and I've definitely deleted the default 1850 GC.scn file from the scens folder, but nothing happens, the game simply won't re-create the scenario!

So I dunno what's wrong, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:56 pm

To further clarify, this is on a Steam installation patched to the latest version on Steam 1.04 whatever (didn't check exactly).

I have another older non-Steam installation that's actually much more heavily modded, patched to 1.03 something (d, I think), and there the exact same process works perfectly, and exactly as expected. It's puzzling...

lodilefty

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:19 pm

You need to rename the Script1850GRC.ini to Script.ini
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:30 am

lodilefty wrote:You need to rename the Script1850GRC.ini to Script.ini

Ok, will try that, thanks!

Weird that it seems to work ok in my other installation, maybe I'd already renamed the script and forgotten about it though.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:42 am

That was indeed the issue. Works great now. Thanks again!

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”