Jagger2013
General of the Army

changing current national morale score?

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:38 am

In a current PBEM, I just received a sudden death national morale victory in RUS FY. However it appears there was a bug. I captured Kiev and received 30 national morale points. I am pretty sure it was intended to be 3 national morale points rather than 30.

My opponent and I would like to just ignore the victory screen and continue playing. It is only April 1919, Kolchak and Dennison are both gearing up for their big spring offenses and game victory is still very much open to debate. However we need to reduce my national morale by 27 points. It is too big an advantage otherwise. I am guessing the national morale can be manually changed in an ongoing game. Anyone know how to do it?

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:13 pm

Turns out the 30 NM gain was not a bug. In normal RUS, it seems you gain 1 NM boast for each VP of an important city. Somehow the FY modder left the smaller cities providing a 1-1 NM to VP boast while for cities of at least 5 VPs, he changed the ratio to 3-1 NM to VP boast. So capturing 10 VP Kiev produced a 30 NM gain. Capturing 5 VP Ekterinerod, white capitol, produces a 15 NM boast. Those boasts to NM are not working out well in game. Game ended even before the White Spring Offenses.

I can only think of one way to change the NM-VP ratio. Add events which trigger when a city is captured and then have an action to add additional NM on top of the NM provided automatically by the game. All the cities NM-VP ratio would remain the same except for those cities with specific events adding NM.

I am going to see if I can find the events and delete them.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Below is the parameters for the setcapital script. What exactly does the coefficient affect? I suspect it is a multiplier to the city VP value for NM gain.

Parameters

RegionAlias
String; Alias for the region where the capital should be.

Value
A coefficient attached to the capital (to the objective value). Generally between 1 and 5

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Jagger2013 wrote:In a current PBEM, I just received a sudden death national morale victory in RUS FY.

Before a year or 2 as playing Reds in Pbem I had the similar defeat (without much territory loss ;NM was 5 with that NM supply was almost depleted) as reds. Unfortunately it wasn't fixed in FY.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:00 am

I think we may have a fix. I will let you know as soon as I know. I don't have a problem with 3xVP for NM gains for most capitals but not Kiev or Hualiaipole.

I also think a sudden death Red victory at 130 national morale is too low.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Thank you. I remember I did a 'strategically retreat' in Kazan and left the city to Whites. Maybe that also deplete NM. But nonetheless different rule for AI and in pbem can be good in FY.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:23 am

Baris, I set up a test myself. Basically I had the southern whites capture 5VP whiite capital Ekaterinarod, then abandon it and allow the reds to recapture the white capital. When the whites captured their own capital, it appears they only gained 5NM/5 EP plus an event appears to have given them an extra 5NM/5EP. When the Reds recaptured Ekaterinarod, it appears they received 15NM and 15EPs. So it seems the setcapital coefficient triples the NM and EP gain for capture of the capital by anyone except the natural owner of the capital.

It seems Whites capturing their own capital only received 1NM/1EP per VP but anyone else should receive 3NM/3EP per VP if setcapital has a coefficient of 3 as in Fatal Years. (PS: I say "seems" because I had to deduce the NM and EPs due to capture of the capital.)

IMO, both Kiev and Huliaipole should have setcapital coefficients of only 1. I think Kiev changed hands many, many time during Russian Civil War and Polish War. A 30 NM gain has too much game impact when capturing Kiev. A setcapital coefficient of 3 seems ok for the other major capitals, IMO.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:18 am

I think Kiev was in the hands of the Whites. Thanks for the info that is valuable. So it seems capturing or recapturing does not have impact much as long as there is predetermined or native loyalty. Some corrections hopefully will make the mod playable again.

Jagger2013
General of the Army

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 am

Here are the changes I made to correct the problem.

Open the GrandCampaign Events file.

Do a find search to locate "setcapital"

Find "SetCapital = $Kiev;3" , Change to "SetCapital = $Kiev;1"

Continue find search till you locate:

"SetCapital = $Huliaipole;2", change to "SetCapital = $Huliaipole;1"

Save and you should be good to go. Make sure your opponent has the same copy of your GrandCampaign Events File.

With these changes, the capture of Kiev or Hualiaipole will give 1 NM and 1 EP per each VP granted for capture of the town for everyone and anyone.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”